• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I did the same, unlocked only to change some addresses and got DQ a week after (initially submitted my DS260 on May 11, documents sent in July, resubmitted ds260 mid August, DQ a week after that)
Did you send your unlock request after you got your DR or before it? (DR: document request by KCC.)

Does anybody know the answer to this question:
When does KCC transfer the case to the embassy? Is it when the case gets DQed, or when it becomes current in VB?

Does anybody know the answer to this question:
When does KCC transfer the case to the embassy? Is it when the case gets DQed, or when it becomes current in VB?
The case needs to be both DQ and current in the visa bulletin, but it's not a guarantee that it will be sent as soon as this conditions are fulfilled (depends on the capacity of the embassy)

(EDIT: disregard what I said before about scanning of the documents)

I have a question - the passport I originally applied with expires May 2022.

Given that potentially my interview and likely entry to the US will be after this date, I assume I have to get a new passport.

I still need to submit my documents (haven't been requested yet) - should I submit the old passport photocopy for now, to avoid losing time?

Where do I go after that?

Last edited:
(EDIT: disregard what I said before about scanning of the documents)

I have a question - the passport I originally applied with expires May 2022.

Given that potentially my interview and likely entry to the US will be after this date, I assume I have to get a new passport.

I still need to submit my documents (haven't been requested yet) - should I submit the old passport photocopy for now, to avoid losing time?

Where do I go after that?
If you’re going to submit documents now, submit everything (yes including the current passport, as required). if you don’t submit everything it will be deemed incomplete. When you get a new passport, assuming you have not yet been scheduled for interview, resubmit everything with (1) a scan of your new passport (as well as the old one) (2) a note explaining why you have a new/different passport.

Good morning people,
Simple question:
1. Can be a document be one file included original scan and translation together as one PDF file or it has to be 2 files like that:

2020AF00938653_John_Doe_police_certificate_country_france.pdf
2020AF00938653_John_Doe_police_certificate_country_france_translation.pdf

2. In case if needs to be 2 files, a copy of the original scanned document should be also included in the translation file or just the translation itself.

Thank You

Good morning people,
Simple question:
1. Can be a document be one file included original scan and translation together as one PDF file or it has to be 2 files like that:

2. In case if needs to be 2 files, a copy of the original scanned document should be also included in the translation file or just the translation itself.

Thank You
The original as well as the translation should be together as one pdf.

Good morning people,
Simple question:

Thank
The original as well as the translation should be together as one pdf.
Just on Simons web site explanation shows as a separate files:

I am confused about the translation of documents that many guys are mentioning here. In the original request for Supporting Documents from KCC it is stated:
All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which the application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the translation is accurate and the translator is competent to translate.
Most of the supporting documents are in the official language of the country in which I am making an application.

Also some 10-20 pages earlier, it was stated that the DQ process is done at KCC, and the case is sent to Embassy when the case becomes current. Now I am started to worry that I should have included a translation to the original documents that are in the official language. It is hard to believe that KCC can process all world languages.

What do you think I should do? To translate documents and send another mail with translations, or to wait for DQ and then act if something is needed?

Let's wait for our more experienced forum members to give us their feedback.
I know someone from 2021 dv lottery who got his green card who sent the translations together with originals in the same file.