• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Does travelling to the US between now and one's consulate interview warrant the updating of the DS-260, or is that not necessary as the DS-260 was accurate at the original date of submission? Thinking about going on a trip after the borders open.
you can update any new travel at the interview. The only time I’d personally unlock to update travel is if t is to a country that is a security issue for the US, which might impact background checks.

Has anyone received an interview date yet? I am OC2XX, have not had request for documents but I submitted mine anyway as directed by BritSimon. Still no update and my case number is now current…

Has anyone received an interview date yet? I am OC2XX, have not had request for documents but I submitted mine anyway as directed by BritSimon. Still no update and my case number is now current…
Hey,
Monitoring the shared doc (Melb22 posted on page 19) is probs the easiest method of seeing what stage everyone is up to.
I was asked for docs yesterday.

Sorry to sound silly here, but how do you know when your number is current?? OC2xx here too and have not heard anything for KCC either ...

Hi @Morgan_NZ, we haven't heard anything at all from KCC.

2022OC2** CN current in November
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Nothing from KCC yet – still patiently waiting

Has anyone with a case number OC2300 or above received a request for documents email yet after submitting their DS-260?

I’m in the range 24XX. Submitted DS-260 in July but have still yet to receive the request for documents email.

I’ve already submitted my documents despite the lack of the request for documents email.

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad I found this forum! I have just added my details to the spreadsheet.
My case number is 2022OC7xx, submitted my DS-260 14th of May, I received the email requesting the documents on 13th of September, now I'm getting organised to send them off. I have a few questions, with the police check, is it the AFP $42 check? Also with sending these documents do I need to include a copies of uni degree or high school certificate? Or do we just need to bring that to the interview?

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad I found this forum! I have just added my details to the spreadsheet.
My case number is 2022OC7xx, submitted my DS-260 14th of May, I received the email requesting the documents on 13th of September, now I'm getting organised to send them off. I have a few questions, with the police check, is it the AFP $42 check? Also with sending these documents do I need to include a copies of uni degree or high school certificate? Or do we just need to bring that to the interview?
Hi @AusJo2022, The police check was around $50, I can't remember how much, however, we paid an extra $5 to get an official printed copy rather than just the electronic version. With respect to sending documents, uni degrees etc are only required for the interview. There is a great video by @Britsimon on his youtube channel, that tells you exactly what you need to submit for documents, the order, how to name the files and how to address the email in the subject line.

Hi everyone,
Hi AusJo! Just make sure you order the police check code 33, NOT 35

Hi everyone,
Hi AusJo, you don't need to submit your qual's to KCC. Take them to the interview.

These are code descriptions
33 - Immigration/Citizenship - for supply to Department of Home Affairs
35 - Overseas Visa - supply to a Country other than Australia

I thought 35 would be more appropriate. If it is 33 then I will have to order a new one.

It seems AusOC and Sogi you guys are DQ, did you submit police check with 33?

These are code descriptions
33 - Immigration/Citizenship - for supply to Department of Home Affairs
35 - Overseas Visa - supply to a Country other than Australia

I thought 35 would be more appropriate. If it is 33 then I will have to order a new one.

It seems AusOC and Sogi you guys are DQ, did you submit police check with 33?
Yes you will need to order a new one unfortunately. Even if you happened to DQ with the other, the embassy won’t accept it.
The reciprocity page for Australia spells out the details of the exact documents - https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

I also submitted with 35 I think, I dont recall selecting a code when doing it but mine says "Overseas Visa - supply to a Country other than Australia" on it so I guess I got 35. Should I order a new one with code 33 now? Submitted my documents back in august but havent been DQ'd and have been waiting for a response.

Don't want to wait for them to reject my documents then have to wait another month to get one with code 33 and have to resubmit and wait months again. But also dont want to just throw money down the drain if 35 is acceptable.

Edit: Just saw AusOC reply above other posting this. Guess I will order another to take to my interview with me and hope I get DQ'd with the 35 one I submitted. If we get DQ'd with the 35 one we submitted, can we just take our 33 one to the embassy interview? or would we have to resubmit our documents to KCC as well?

I rang the AFP and they told me 33 not 35, even though it sounds wrong, it’s the more in depth check that the US want.

I also submitted with 35 I think, I dont recall selecting a code when doing it but mine says "Overseas Visa - supply to a Country other than Australia" on it so I guess I got 35. Should I order a new one with code 33 now? Submitted my documents back in august but havent been DQ'd and have been waiting for a response.

Don't want to wait for them to reject my documents then have to wait another month to get one with code 33 and have to resubmit and wait months again. But also dont want to just throw money down the drain if 35 is acceptable.

Edit: Just saw AusOC reply above other posting this. Guess I will order another to take to my interview with me and hope I get DQ'd with the 35 one I submitted. If we get DQ'd with the 35 one we submitted, can we just take our 33 one to the embassy interview? or would we have to resubmit our documents to KCC as well?
I think there is a chance you could DQ with code 35, because I had read a few posts from previous DV years that had come to interview with the wrong one and were out in then AP until they could get a replacement, and that it happens all the time.
If you get DQ with code 35 I wouldn’t update kcc, I would just bring both with you to the interview

I think there is a chance you could DQ with code 35, because I had read a few posts from previous DV years that had come to interview with the wrong one and were out in then AP until they could get a replacement, and that it happens all the time.
If you get DQ with code 35 I wouldn’t update kcc, I would just bring both with you to the interview
Yeah I think this is the best bet. Just ordered 33 now, happy I at least realised the mistake now rather than getting to the interview only to find out. Will update if I get DQ'd or not with 35 :)

Has anyone with a case number OC2300 or above received a request for documents email yet after submitting their DS-260?

I’m in the range 24XX. Submitted DS-260 in July but have still yet to receive the request for documents email.

I’ve already submitted my documents despite the lack of the request for documents email.
Hello,
Yep my case number is in the same range as yours. I received a request for docs in August after submitting my DS260 at the start of June so I imagine you should get one pretty soon..