• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Just photos? You didn’t bring any other documents from before the legal marriage to the interview? What additional info did you send after?

sorry about this. I don’t have time to go back and check but if you had asked here I’m sure you would have been told to bring more than just photos, especially evidence that you both lived at the same address. For others reading this in the same situation, take as much different types of evidence as you can.
Well noted

Just photos? You didn’t bring any other documents from before the legal marriage to the interview? What additional info did you send after?

sorry about this. I don’t have time to go back and check but if you had asked here I’m sure you would have been told to bring more than just photos, especially evidence that you both lived at the same address. For others reading this in the same situation, take as much different types of evidence as you can.
I sent a photo document detailing events/ activities from when we met, including our chats, affidavit from a lawyer , Medical insurance and hospital attendance together for incidents like dental, Forms where we had opened our joint account, etc

Hey everyone! I'm a DV-2020 winner who entered the US in March 2021. It's been almost 6 months since I entered and I still haven't received my Green Card. The status says "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" ever since March and the status never changed.

I contacted USCIS several times (which is a challenge of its own) and I was told that I need to wait for a biometrics appointment notice, and only after they collect my biometrics, they will be able to produce GC.

Just to clarify, I'm not doing Adjustment of Status, I already had my interview, and this is the first time I'm hearing that DV winners need to get their biometric taken before they can receive their GC. Anyone who has any information/insights on this, please let me know.

Hey everyone! I'm a DV-2020 winner who entered the US in March 2021. It's been almost 6 months since I entered and I still haven't received my Green Card. The status says "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" ever since March and the status never changed.

I contacted USCIS several times (which is a challenge of its own) and I was told that I need to wait for a biometrics appointment notice, and only after they collect my biometrics, they will be able to produce GC.

Just to clarify, I'm not doing Adjustment of Status, I already had my interview, and this is the first time I'm hearing that DV winners need to get their biometric taken before they can receive their GC. Anyone who has any information/insights on this, please let me know.
The biometrics should have been taken at the airport at your POE. Possibly something went wrong with the capture. At this point if I were you, seeing as you are 6 months in, I’d contact your local congressperson for help. Look up who it is by zip code https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative and there should be a section titled something like “help with a federal agency” (some have a specific section for help with immigration issues), follow the instructions on there.

Thank you very much for your response, @SusieQQQ! I vaguely remember that at the airport, the officer asked me to look in the camera and did take my fingerprints, so I'm not sure how they could've missed it. Regarding contacting the representative, wow, thanks for the tip, I haven't even considered that since I thought that Green Card holders don't have a right to vote, so technically we're not their constituents. But I'll definitely try that!

But yeah, the situation is very frustrating. I didn't know such delays were possible, so I made plans to travel out of the US in September to take care of my medical-related issues, but now it looks like I'm indefinitely stuck here without any idea how much longer it's gonna take.

Thank you very much for your response, @SusieQQQ! I vaguely remember that at the airport, the officer asked me to look in the camera and did take my fingerprints, so I'm not sure how they could've missed it. Regarding contacting the representative, wow, thanks for the tip, I haven't even considered that since I thought that Green Card holders don't have a right to vote, so technically we're not their constituents. But I'll definitely try that!

But yeah, the situation is very frustrating. I didn't know such delays were possible, so I made plans to travel out of the US in September to take care of my medical-related issues, but now it looks like I'm indefinitely stuck here without any idea how much longer it's gonna take.
Well, the temporary green card in your passport (the stamped visa) allows you to travel for up to a year from your initial entry date. But yes, you can certainly contact your congressperson for help.

Hello everyone especially the moderators . So after the latest order about starting to process the 9095 DV2020 reserved visas . There is only ONE QUESTION need to be answered please , what shall we do to get our interview set ? Thank you

The court instructed Defendants to “process DV-2020 applications in a random order
until all 9,905 diversity visas have been granted,”

Document still says 9905, what are the chances to claim that number of visas instead of 9095? :D
Chance: Slim

Hello everyone, any news about the reserved 9095 DV2020 visas . When will the issuance starts and what do we have to do to increase our chances to get an interview , when can we contact KCC or embassies about it ????