• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Moderators, thanks for great Work you do for Community,
I am DV2020 who had an interview in in September 2020 and received a 221g (Failure to establish bonifired relationship), refusal.
Later on 27th September, i received an email from the Embassy that they reviewed my case and i should send more documents about my relationship. The Embassy received the documents on 29th Morning and kept following up, i was told when they receive the documents they will notify me about the status. The documents sent included ( Our chats when we first met, Proposal Photos, Our traditional visits, Occasions with family and friends and wedding photos, Hospital visits attended together for dental, etc). When i did not receive communication from them after 30th September, i wrote to the Embassy( US Embassy Nairobi) and i was told my case was not processed to completion, this could have been true because they received the documents two days to the end of the fiscal year.
Like you had advised in the video when the communication about DV2020 flows to the Embassy i will write to them. Please guide me on the three questions below;

1. During this time we got a baby girl on April 17th 2021, what should we do when we start communicating with the Embassy? what should we tell them.
2. I gathered more documents which i had not include in first documents i sent to Embassy( Our previous and current insurance, Bank statements for joint accounts opened in 2019, Our photos posted on our social media sites from 2018 etc).
3. What other advise do give in my scenario.
Thanks again

Last edited:
I am DV2020 who had an interview in in September 2020 and received a 221g (Failure to establish bonifired relationship), refusal.
Later on 27th September, i received an email from the Embassy that they reviewed my case and i should send more documents about my relationship. The Embassy received the documents on 29th Morning and kept following up, i was told when they receive the documents they will notify me about the status. The documents sent included ( Our chats when we first met, Proposal Photos, Our traditional visits, Occasions with family and friends and wedding photos, Hospital visits attended together for dental, etc). When i did not receive communication from them after 30th September, i wrote to the Embassy( US Embassy Nairobi) and i was told my case was not processed to completion, this could have been true because they received the documents two days to the end of the fiscal year.
Like you had advised in the video when the communication about DV2020 flows to the Embassy i will write to them. Please guide me on the three questions below;

1. During this time we got a baby girl on April 17th 2021, what should we do when we start communicating with the Embassy? what should we tell them.
2. I gathered more documents which i had not include in first documents i sent to Embassy( Our previous and current insurance, Bank statements for joint accounts opened in 2019, Our photos posted on our social media sites from 2018 etc).
Thanks again
What about marriage certificate?
Wedding photos?

Quick question: My passport from my country of birth (the one I used in the DV 2020 application process) will expire in Oct of this year? But I have a 2nd passport from the country where I live that is still valid for a couple of years
Will this cause an issue? Can I have the visa in the 2nd passport? (assuming I have the chance to get one of the 9095 visas)

Thanks again
Get your child a passport and if you get invited for an interview go with your baby's passport and birth certificate plus passport size photos
The baby will be enough evidence for your relationship now, my guess

Quick question: My passport from my country of birth (the one I used in the DV 2020 application process) will expire in Oct of this year? But I have a 2nd passport from the country where I live that is still valid for a couple of years
Will this cause an issue? Can I have the visa in the 2nd passport? (assuming I have the chance to get one of the 9095 visas)
Hey
How have you been
That should be fine. I wish you the best

Marriage certificate and wedding photos was inclusive
Hi Denis. Did you enter as single or married at the time of DV entry. I personally won for DV 22. CN25k in Uganda and entered unmarried but had my civil marriage in Feb 2021 before the results and included my wife on the DS260 Form. I entered unmarried because I wasnt legally married and cohabiting isn't marriage in Uganda. Though I have my marriage proof. From watsup and Facebook chats, family photos and those taken at our marriage. Hope Iam covered.

Hi Denis. Did you enter as single or married at the time of DV entry. I personally won for DV 22. CN25k in Uganda and entered unmarried but had my civil marriage in Feb 2021 before the results and included my wife on the DS260 Form. I entered unmarried because I wasnt legally married and cohabiting isn't marriage in Uganda. Though I have my marriage proof. From watsup and Facebook chats, family photos and those taken at our marriage. Hope Iam covered.
Your situation is fine just make sure you have all the events with photos, if possible mark all your photos, don't forget the following.
1. How you mate, where and when, where you bought your wedding bands, when did you propose, if you had a traditional visits include dates, when did you meet, include the dates. Events together with friends (Mark them), and Family. why did you get married after, I assume you were legalizing your marriage ( say that) but were already cohabiting etc.

Thanks again
Did you interview with your wife or alone?
If you interviewed alone then I hopewonder why they still wants to scrutinize you so much when you are not seeking a visa for your wife

Did you interview with your wife or alone?
If you interviewed alone then I hopewonder why they still wants to scrutinize you so much when you are not seeking a visa for your wife
Because the wife could always get a visa later. Marriages after selection are often scrutinized closely.

Because the wife could always get a visa later. Marriages after selection are often scrutinized closely.
I interviewed with my wife, We had done our traditional functions in 2018 and we had been together since 2017, but legally we were not married when i applied, We got married in 2019. Every thing authentic.

I interviewed with my wife, We had done our traditional functions in 2018 and we had been together since 2017, but legally we were not married when i applied, We got married in 2019. Every thing authentic.
Did you bring substantial proof of being together that long? Especially seeing as you had done the traditional ceremony. I’m surprised that they wanted extra proof if so.

Did you bring substantial proof of being together that long? Especially seeing as you had done the traditional ceremony. I’m surprised that they wanted extra proof if so.
Yes all photos and my wife was explaining to CO, after waiting for so many hours refused, after i was starting to move on, Your case was reviewed send more documents. Then not processed to completion by end of FY.

Yes all photos and my wife was explaining to CO, after waiting for so many hours refused, after i was starting to move on, Your case was reviewed send more documents. Then not processed to completion by end of FY.
Just photos? You didn’t bring any other documents from before the legal marriage to the interview? What additional info did you send after?

sorry about this. I don’t have time to go back and check but if you had asked here I’m sure you would have been told to bring more than just photos, especially evidence that you both lived at the same address. For others reading this in the same situation, take as much different types of evidence as you can.

Now you have a baby, don't worry much, carry the documents with you when you are invited for an interview.

Get your child a passport and if you get invited for an interview go with your baby's passport and birth certificate plus passport size photos
The baby will be enough evidence for your relationship now, my guess
Now you have a baby, don't worry much, carry the documents with you when you are invited for an interview.
Having a baby isn't necessarily evidence of a bonafide relationship. People have been known to have kids solely for the purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit.