• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hmmn no, the spreadsheet doesn’t say most recent IRS tax transcripts is “required”. The spreadsheet has simply listed recommended documents one could include with their package. You certainly can’t submit something which you do not have. As long as you have other means of demonstrating you’re unlikely to become a public charge, you’ll be fine without the IRS tax transcripts.
Great thanks Sm1smom :)

Regardless of the personal reasons you may have, your reluctance to wait is still an abuse of the process. FYI: DV based AOS applications already get prioritized over others such as employment or family based AOS applications year after year. Holding up the queue and taking away valuable time that should legitimately be spent in assisting cases that have truly met that requirement is an abuse of the case follow process. There are several other applicants who equally haven’t travelled back to see family members for 3 years or more, it is what it is.

Of course no one can stop you from calling the USCIS every day or week to follow up on your case if that is what you prefer to do, I just can’t help but point out that is an unconscionable approach to adopt.
Hello Sm1smom,

Just wondering, how long does it take USCIS to accept one's AOS package based on DV after submission of the I-485? We submitted on June 1st 2021 when our CN became current.

I emailed LockboxSupport and received an auto reply telling I should receive a response within 30 business days. If they respond me late July and I have to resend the package, I will not be able to make it.

Do you think I should not wait for the response and mail the AOS package again right now?

Please advise

Thanks
Do you mind if I ask how you checked if the person works at the USCIS? Did you go to Linkedin? or any other tool to verify? I am in the same situation as you. Thank you!

Thank you - I will keep waiting as I check but will also keep calling them on a weekly basis as there are only 114 days to the end of this FY

Well I don't know if calling the Lockbox will do any good, but my guess is probably not. You might want to take a look at last years timelines and see how many people received their NoAs after late June (a lot, and they all still got interviews).

Hi
I would like to thanks all of you for the helpful information...
DV payments receipts deliver 29/4 cash out 5/3
Got in mail 5/29
Package AOS delivered 6/3
Waiting for acceptance text or mail

Hi
Is this the correct filing address from Texas?

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
Address for sending the AOS package? What postal service do you use?

PS: DV lockbox is in Chicago, no matter where you are from.

Hello everyone!

I had my interview today. FO: Hartford, CT.

I arrived at the FO 25 minutes in advance and they let me in anyway. Then I waited in the waiting room and the IO called me (even before my scheduled time).

The interview lasted almost 30 minutes. The IO asked me for drivers license, passport and date of birth. Then he wanted to know more about my job.

He also asked me the original birth certificate, which I gave him and he pointed the fact that there were 3 name listed, 1 first name and 2 middle names basically, although in all others documents I only have the first name listed, because, as I told him, I legally removed them at some point. Just to be clear in the I-485 form I did list those 2 middle names as other names used in the past, so I was fine with that. But he asked for a document showing that I really removed those 2 names. I never thought I needed such a document and of course I did not have it with me, so I sweated for a few minutes. I asked if that issue could affect my case and he said no, but if I ever apply for GC renewal or for citizenship I better have that piece of document, otherwise in the US system I will also have 3 names. By the way he said my GC will only show my first name, just because there won't be space for the other 2.

Then he asked me about my present and past addresses, parents names, present and past visa and went through all the yes/no questions.

At the end he said that it was an easy case and he would approve it right away. The card should arrive in 7-10 days, he said.
After half an hour I left the building my case changed in "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission! I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have made it by my self without you guys!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I arrived at the FO 25 minutes in advance and they let me in anyway. Then I waited in the waiting room and the IO called me (even before my scheduled time).

The interview lasted almost 30 minutes. The IO asked me for drivers license, passport and date of birth. Then he wanted to know more about my job.

He also asked me the original birth certificate, which I gave him and he pointed the fact that there were 3 name listed, 1 first name and 2 middle names basically, although in all others documents I only have the first name listed, because, as I told him, I legally removed them at some point. Just to be clear in the I-485 form I did list those 2 middle names as other names used in the past, so I was fine with that. But he asked for a document showing that I really removed those 2 names. I never thought I needed such a document and of course I did not have it with me, so I sweated for a few minutes. I asked if that issue could affect my case and he said no, but if I ever apply for GC renewal or for citizenship I better have that piece of document, otherwise in the US system I will also have 3 names. By the way he said my GC will only show my first name, just because there won't be space for the other 2.

Then he asked me about my present and past addresses, parents names, present and past visa and went through all the yes/no questions.

At the end he said that it was an easy case and he would approve it right away. The card should arrive in 7-10 days, he said.
After half an hour I left the building my case changed in "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission!. I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have make it by my self without you guys!
Congratulations my friend!
Enjoy the next episode of your life from now on!

i submitted my packet on June 2 - delivered on June 3.

on reviewing my document copies again, I noticed a mistake on the i693 form which i received a copy from my doctor. the country of birth on the i693 is listed as India (which is country of citizenship) instead of the correct value of Bahrain which is my country of birth - all other documents, including i485 and birth certificate copy included in the application state country of birth correctly as Bahrain.

any suggestions on what I should do here - should I contact USCIS proactively or should i explain this if asked at the interview? is there a risk of my application being rejected because of this?

Hello everyone!

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission! I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have made it by my self without you guys!
AWESOME!!! Congratulations :)

i submitted my packet on June 2 - delivered on June 3.

on reviewing my document copies again, I noticed a mistake on the i693 form which i received a copy from my doctor. the country of birth on the i693 is listed as India (which is country of citizenship) instead of the correct value of Bahrain which is my country of birth - all other documents, including i485 and birth certificate copy included in the application state country of birth correctly as Bahrain.

any suggestions on what I should do here - should I contact USCIS proactively or should i explain this if asked at the interview? is there a risk of my application being rejected because of this?
You should ask your CS for an updated medical report with the correct COB listed, then take that to your interview. When you get there, inform your IO of the error on the medical report and let him/her you have an updated version you wish to submit.

Hi
Is this the correct filing address from Texas?

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
It depends on the delivery service you plan on using:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hello everyone!

Congrats!!

You should ask your CS for an updated medical report with the correct COB listed, then take that to your interview. When you get there, inform your IO of the error on the medical report and let him/her you have an updated version you wish to submit.

Thanks @Sm1smom - I already got the updated medical report from my doctor today - do I need to worry about my AOS application getting rejected because of this incorrect data entry in the medical report?

Congrats!!
Hello everyone!

congrats
I have Q did you get DV through 2021 lottery or your job☺️.