• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

You probably see it on the spreadsheet but I am in exactly the same boat.
Mine was cashed on the 3rd and neither my spouse or I got the email or text.
Looking at the other recent filers, it looks like we should be getting the notice in the mail this week.
I use USPS Informed Delivery Digest and I know what's coming one day in advance (since the sorting location is a bit far). I was really hoping the mail will come in tomorrow but according to the digest, it's not, so I'm starting to get really worried.
I will probably wait till next week because it's possible that things are slowing down since everyone is current at this point.
It might be a USPS thing. I’m still waiting for mine too and I know the DV receipt took longer than KCC anticipated, and that’s considering it was an overnight envelope.
Even Amazon and other online stores have warned recently that USPS is kinda backed up and going slower than usual.

You can do what I did. After I responded to RFE, I submitted e-request for not receiving approval by mail. And in the last status update part, I wrote the date I responded to RFE. The next day after the e-request, my case was approved.
Thank you! How long did you wait to submit the e-request after your RFE was delivered?

Hi! Can someone give me a bit of guidance when adding my timeline to the google doc? I thought I had done it correctly and I added myself on row 93, since it was the next free one. But now someone else's information is there and mine is gone, so I am not sure what happened. I checked the edits history thing and it shows up that I added, so I don't know what happened.
Just add your timeline again. I think someone must have accidentally deleted your info.

Just add your timeline again. I think someone must have accidentally deleted your info.
I deleted the post not to misguided anyone because after some digging I realized the timeline is arranged by the month someone went current and not by chronological order of when the data was added to the timeline (in case anyone wonders in the future). Thank you!!!

Hey @Sm1smom I hope you are doing well. I wanted to ask you, since we don't have to worry about public charge rule, for those who haven't filed an I-864, do we still have to bring the 9 FAM 302.8-2(B)(3) (U) Applying INA 212(a)(4) with us?

I deleted the post not to misguided anyone because after some digging I realized the timeline is arranged by the month someone went current and not by chronological order of when the data was added to the timeline (in case anyone wonders in the future). Thank you!!!
Oh, thanks for letting me know!

You got your NOA like what? Less than 20 days ago and you’re already hankering for the bio and interview letter and scheduling Tier 2 call back???

Abuse of case follow-up options like being able to visit the FO without an appointment (drop-in), being able to self-schedule INFOPASS appointment online, easier access to Tier 2 personnel without waiting days/weeks for call back, basically not giving the process an opportunity to work are precisely why those options are no longer available!

Hi Mom, thank you for your comment. I don't think I am abusing anything. I am just following my case. I wish I were able to send my case several months ago, so I would not care about 2 3 months waiting time for bio.

It's summer. My semester ends and I have nothing but waiting for bio and interview. My employment during summer ends and I cannot work due to visa. It's been 2 years that I have not visited my family. My sister is getting married next month. I am not sure if these are good enough reasons to ask for expediate, which I actually don't demand that. I just want to make sure that my case is proceeding.

So I understand friends who have waited a lot and suggest us to wait. You have waited a lot and 20 day wait time is nothing considering yours.

Given that now covid is dormant and agencies working extra ours and some people in this forum get their bio in 10-20 days, I simply want to talk to a Tier 2 and ask about my case. That's all.

I will tell you what they say, if they call.

As always Mom, thank you for your help and time.

Hi Mom, thank you for your comment. I don't think I am abusing anything. I am just following my case. I wish I were able to send my case several months ago, so I would not care about 2 3 months waiting time for bio.

It's summer. My semester ends and I have nothing but waiting for bio and interview. My employment during summer ends and I cannot work due to visa. It's been 2 years that I have not visited my family. My sister is getting married next month. I am not sure if these are good enough reasons to ask for expediate, which I actually don't demand that. I just want to make sure that my case is proceeding.

So I understand friends who have waited a lot and suggest us to wait. You have waited a lot and 20 day wait time is nothing considering yours.

Given that now covid is dormant and agencies working extra ours and some people in this forum get their bio in 10-20 days, I simply want to talk to a Tier 2 and ask about my case. That's all.

No, they are not good reasons to expedite. It is not USCIS’s fault that you have nothing to do in summer (I thought F1 allowed summer internships?) or that Covid has interfered with your plans to visit your family, as is the case for very many people. Countless people have missed weddings, births, milestone birthdays etc.

Even in normal pre Covid times, 30 days or a bit more to bio for cases was common. That’s what we had for all the uscis cases we had for all our family members.

You really need to look at the big picture. fwiw I agree that trying to get a tier 2 to schedule you a bio because you are impatient after 20 days is trying to abuse the system.

I have done the same mistake when I was filing my OPT, I used the correct info (which matches with my BC and passport) in I-485. Both places are within the same district. is it something that we should be worried about?
I did something similar to that, in my OPT file and AOS package too, I put city/town of birth as say "abc" which is correct, but my citizenship and Birth certificate just mentions district(doesn't mention my town). So, I wrote the name of the district in Place of state/province. Will that be an issue?

in my OPT file and AOS package too, I put city/town of birth as say "abc" which is correct, but my citizenship and Birth certificate just mentions district, not the town. So, I wrote the name of the district in Place of state/province. Will that be an issue?

Hey @Sm1smom I hope you are doing well. I wanted to ask you, since we don't have to worry about public charge rule, for those who haven't filed an I-864, do we still have to bring the 9 FAM 302.8-2(B)(3) (U) Applying INA 212(a)(4) with us?
While the I864 is not applicable to DV based AOSers, all AOSers are still expected to be prepared to overcome public charge perception. This is fully converted on the AOS process spreadsheet. Take a look at the Interview Tips tab, Lines 23 to 27 deals with AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.

No, they are not good reasons to expedite. It is not USCIS’s fault that you have nothing to do in summer (I thought F1 allowed summer internships?) or that Covid has interfered with your plans to visit your family, as is the case for very many people. Countless people have missed weddings, births, milestone birthdays etc.

Even in normal pre Covid times, 30 days or a bit more to bio for cases was common. That’s what we had for all the uscis cases we had for all our family members.

You really need to look at the big picture. fwiw I agree that trying to get a tier 2 to schedule you a bio because you are impatient after 20 days is trying to abuse the system.
I also think I need patience, that is true. You are right Susie. :)

See, they are not serious reasons to ask expediate. I am aware that many people are like me. I totally get that.

I guess I did not like the word abuse. And I disagree with you and Mom on that case because I do not think I am abusing system. I am not and frankly I cannot. Government works in it's way, not the way we want it to be. Anyway, thank you both.

I will think twice next time to ask for talking a tier 2 after this conversation.

Regardless of the personal reasons you may have, your reluctance to wait is still an abuse of the process. FYI: DV based AOS applications already get prioritized over others such as employment or family based AOS applications year after year. Holding up the queue and taking away valuable time that should legitimately be spent in assisting cases that have truly met that requirement is an abuse of the case follow process. There are several other applicants who equally haven’t travelled back to see family members for 3 years or more, it is what it is.

Of course no one can stop you from calling the USCIS every day or week to follow up on your case if that is what you prefer to do, I just can’t help but point out that is an unconscionable approach to adopt.

Hi mates,

In the AOS package, the "Most recent IRS Tax Transcripts" are required. The problem is that I am under a J1 visa and at the end of my 3rd year. There is a treaty between France and the United States that indicates I do not have to pay taxes for the two first years (article 20).
Moreover, for the 3rd year I asked for an extension until October 2021 to send my taxes.

All this to say that I do not have IRS Tax Transcripts. What can I do?
If I don't have this is it a problem ?

How effective is talking tier 2? Is there anyone in this forum saw a benefit of talking to tier 2?

When do they usually call you back in terms of days and time?

I am waiting for a call from tier 2 about bio and interview appointments. I hope they can help.
They can be very helpful at times, depending on the person you get. When my bio was late ( waited close to 4 months) the tier 2 agent scheduled mine over the phone. (Key here is i waited 4 months before calling them which may be the reason why the tier 2 decided to do it over the phone!
It took me to 2 weeks to get a call back - this was during peak covid times, i guess its sooner now. There is no specific time that they will call you, its random, if you miss the first time they will leave a VM and call you back in 1 hour.

Last edited:

Dear onero,
I haven't seen my family for 3+ years. Keep the bigger picture in mind and just grind through it, my friend. Just remember you are not alone!

Those are rookie numbers! Haven't seen my family in 8 years + missed my own wedding! You are not alone. But, exercise patience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.17.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.17.15 PM.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi mates,

In the AOS package, the "Most recent IRS Tax Transcripts" are required. The problem is that I am under a J1 visa and at the end of my 3rd year. There is a treaty between France and the United States that indicates I do not have to pay taxes for the two first years (article 20).
Moreover, for the 3rd year I asked for an extension until October 2021 to send my taxes.

All this to say that I do not have IRS Tax Transcripts. What can I do?
If I don't have this is it a problem ?
Hmmn no, the spreadsheet doesn’t say most recent IRS tax transcripts is “required”. The spreadsheet has simply listed recommended documents one could include with their package. You certainly can’t submit something which you do not have. As long as you have other means of demonstrating you’re unlikely to become a public charge, you’ll be fine without the IRS tax transcripts.

in my OPT file and AOS package too, I put city/town of birth as say "abc" which is correct, but my citizenship and Birth certificate just mentions district, not the town. So, I wrote the name of the district in Place of state/province. Will that be an issue?