• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back from KCC yet? It's been almost 4 weeks since I sent them an email... OC000013xx

Hello Mom and everyone!

I will be interviewing in my home country of Japan, but I have been living in the US for over 4 years now. Do I need to get a police certificate in the US as well?

Hello Mom and everyone!

I will be interviewing in my home country of Japan, but I have been living in the US for over 4 years now. Do I need to get a police certificate in the US as well?
No you don’t need a PCC from the US.

Last 10 years i play with my national ID card ( Bulgaria) i didn't read that there is requirement for international passport. i won the DV2022 and i filled the ds 260 with newly issued international passport. Is this a automated DQ or there is a chance to get the visa?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Sm1smom, thank you for your time.

Here is message on the Russian website:
“Effective May 12, U.S. Embassy Moscow will no longer offer any non-diplomatic nonimmigrant visa services due to the Russian government’s April 23 notification prohibiting the U.S. Embassy Russia from employing foreign nationals in any capacity. A very limited number of immigrant visa applications will be processed in life-or-death emergencies, and age-out cases. Immigrant visa applicants who meet these criteria should contact NVC to request an expedited appointment. We are currently making arrangements for alternate processing locations for immigrant visa applicants who do not meet these criteria. We will provide updates shortly. We are not processing boarding foils at this time. We regret that the actions of the Russian government forced us to reduce the consular work force by 75%, thus making it impossible for our office to continue offering visa services. Consular services at the U.S. Consulates in Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok remain in suspended status”.

While message to arrange alternative locations for interview sounds promising, everything what promised in Russia, is not very reliable. It is a month now, since I hold and not file ds-260 form for my parents. I’m thinking I need to file it eventually at the end of July-beginning of the august. I’m thinking to put address of the different country to get interview. I don’t think smth will change for the better and process to transfer case to different consular seems problematic and cause headache. I’m thinking about alternative options.

My parents are Russian citizens and live in Russia, they have friends in Kazakhstan, I can put Kazakhstan address and the system put them automatically in the Kazakhstan consulate for interview.
Will be form submitted successfully? Can they get in trouble for this?
(I heard some people do that nowadays, get interview in different country, since consulates in their countries don’t work. They were claiming that officer on the interview did not even ask them how they got there, since issue persists around world. I’m not sure though what type of visa it was immigration or non immigration).

Last 10 years i play with my national ID card ( Bulgaria) i didn't read that there is requirement for international passport. i won the DV2022 and i filled the ds 260 with newly issued international passport. Is this a automated DQ or there is a chance to get the visa?

Thanks in advance!
If you write new passport number on your DS-260, they may ask you for evidence of your old passport if you changed it for some reason and it's not the same as in your original entry. As per instruction given they require "The passport number, country of issuance, and expiration date for your valid, unexpired
international travel passport" and by law Bulgarian national ID card is not an international travel passport. You can use it to travel in EU only. Following information is from travel.state gov: "Again, you should consider not pursuing a DV application if you do not meet the qualifying education or work experience requirements explained above, or if you provided an invalid passport number with your entry or selected an exemption for which you do not qualify. Such errors may render you ineligible for a diversity visa and any fees you pay for the visa application will not be refunded." Wish you luck.

Thanks in advance!
I would expect your case to get disqualified and subsequently denied at the time for failure to comply with the passport requirements.

Hi @Sm1smom, thank you for your time.

Here is message on the Russian website:
“Effective May 12, U.S. Embassy Moscow will no longer offer any non-diplomatic nonimmigrant visa services due to the Russian government’s April 23 notification prohibiting the U.S. Embassy Russia from employing foreign nationals in any capacity. A very limited number of immigrant visa applications will be processed in life-or-death emergencies, and age-out cases. Immigrant visa applicants who meet these criteria should contact NVC to request an expedited appointment. We are currently making arrangements for alternate processing locations for immigrant visa applicants who do not meet these criteria. We will provide updates shortly. We are not processing boarding foils at this time. We regret that the actions of the Russian government forced us to reduce the consular work force by 75%, thus making it impossible for our office to continue offering visa services. Consular services at the U.S. Consulates in Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok remain in suspended status”.

While message to arrange alternative locations for interview sounds promising, everything what promised in Russia, is not very reliable. It is a month now, since I hold and not file ds-260 form for my parents. I’m thinking I need to file it eventually at the end of July-beginning of the august. I’m thinking to put address of the different country to get interview. I don’t think smth will change for the better and process to transfer case to different consular seems problematic and cause headache. I’m thinking about alternative options.

My parents are Russian citizens and live in Russia, they have friends in Kazakhstan, I can put Kazakhstan address and the system put them automatically in the Kazakhstan consulate for interview.
Will be form submitted successfully? Can they get in trouble for this?
(I heard some people do that nowadays, get interview in different country, since consulates in their countries don’t work. They were claiming that officer on the interview did not even ask them how they got there, since issue persists around world. I’m not sure though what type of visa it was immigration or non immigration).
I wouldn’t recommend listing your parents’ friends’ address in another country as their current address when your parents are neither from that country nor residing there as that constitutes a misrepresentation. Your parents will be attesting and swearing to the fact that everything written on the form is truthful and correct, you wouldn’t want them swearing to a lie, I hope?

KCC will automatically reassign an applicable embassy to selectees from countries with no US embassy or with no diplomatic ties. Selectees with Iranian address for instance get scheduled outside Iran.

The refusal be from KCC or on the interview in the Bulgarian Embassy?
KCC is administrative only. They do not have authority to approve or deny, only a consular official (consulate/embassy) is authorized to make that decision.

@Sm1smom
I wonder how long it takes for KCC to reopen my DS-260...
Can unlocking the form lead to delaying the process of my case? (my CN: 1xxxx)

Thank you for your time.

My mom got selected for DV2022. She got a new passport issued earlier this year, and listed her new passport information in her DS-260 form. Will the fact that she's used different passports to apply and in DS-260 be a problem? Should we request to unlock the form DS-260 and maybe add a note or something? (not sure if this is possible)

I wouldn’t recommend listing your parents’ friends’ address in another country as their current address when your parents are neither from that country nor residing there as that constitutes a misrepresentation. Your parents will be attesting and swearing to the fact that everything written on the form is truthful and correct, you wouldn’t want them swearing to a lie, I hope?

KCC will automatically reassign an applicable embassy to selectees from countries with no US embassy or with no diplomatic ties. Selectees with Iranian address for instance get scheduled outside Iran.
Thank you, do you know how good KCC in this? I mean reassign, how fast and responsibly they do that? There was still some diplomatic relationships left in Russia I guess, but after they started to send diplomats back to USA and fire consulate employees, they don’t work at all, don’t call people for interviews, it is not only green cards, everyone, tourist visa, h1b and etc.
Everything started in 2019 and getting worse and worse, I just hope it will be shut down completely, because so far KCC does nothing.
I know you don’t work in KCC, but maybe you have knowledge on different country examples, why KCC is still doing nothing?

@Sm1smom
I wonder how long it takes for KCC to reopen my DS-260...
Can unlocking the form lead to delaying the process of my case? (my CN: 1xxxx)

Thank you for your time.
Not likely to cause a delay considering your CN is in the range of AS10xxx which is not likely to become current in the first quarter of 2022 and your FY hasn’t even started.

Thank you, do you know how good KCC in this? I mean reassign, how fast and responsibly they do that? There was still some diplomatic relationships left in Russia I guess, but after they started to send diplomats back to USA and fire consulate employees, they don’t work at all, don’t call people for interviews, it is not only green cards, everyone, tourist visa, h1b and etc.
Everything started in 2019 and getting worse and worse, I just hope it will be shut down completely, because so far KCC does nothing.
I know you don’t work in KCC, but maybe you have knowledge on different country examples, why KCC is still doing nothing?
I’m sorry I can’t continue to answer the same question over and over again regardless of how it is framed. Back in May when you indicated you were asking about your case as a winner, I explained how the KCC reassign cases in such situations. You returned in June to ask about your parents’ case as the selectee, I again explained the process, even went as far as providing an example.

And you’re now following up with wanting me to confirm how reliable KCC is with their process and to provide you with examples (which I already did) because you believe KCC “is doing nothing”? I don’t think I can provide you with the reassurance you’re seeking outside of what I’ve already stated.

My mom got selected for DV2022. She got a new passport issued earlier this year, and listed her new passport information in her DS-260 form. Will the fact that she's used different passports to apply and in DS-260 be a problem? Should we request to unlock the form DS-260 and maybe add a note or something? (not sure if this is possible)
As long as she includes copies of both the old and the new passports with her document submission, she will be fine.

KCC can only schedule cases where they are told they can. They are literally a bunch of contract staff sitting in Kentucky. They cannot wave a magic wand and make embassies take on cases from other countries.

Quick question about the Physician Exam - What is the process for scheduling an appointment and submitting the results? Do we need green light from KCC or the local consulate to go ahead and schedule or is this something selectees need to be proactive about and get on their calendar and obtain everything they need so that they have it ready to submit together with the other documents?

MSP2022

If you mean the medical check, you should arrange it after you receive your interview date. Exam result is valid for six months and your DV visa will be valid until your medical records are valid. So you should arrange appointment before your interview.

You do not need to send it to KCC. You need it only for the interview. Some Med Centres send the package automatically to the consulate and you won't have it on hand.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html You can check local Embassy/Consulate instructions on that link.

Last edited: