• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

"Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (NIA) section 245(I)?"
Should I answer Yes or No?
My wife and I entered the USA as F1 and F2. Now I am under H1-B, and my wife is under H4.
Is this for those who are entered illegally or out of status?
Answer “NO”. It relates to someone who is ineligible to file AOS due to accrued unlawful presence and/or out of status.

Answer “NO”. It relates to someone who is ineligible to file AOS due to accrued unlawful presence and/or out of status.
My wife's initial application for H4 was rejected (Sep 2020) due to filing an old form. We filed it again (within a week) through a lower, and her case is pending. She received the receipts I-797C. When we first apply (through employer-university), she had an F2 visa under me. Does she qualify to file AOS? Since her first application rejected, is she out of status, and should she select Yes to his I-485 form?
Thank you for your support !!!!

My wife's initial application for H4 was rejected (Sep 2020) due to filing an old form. We filed it again (within a week) through a lower, and her case is pending. She received the receipts I-797C. When we first apply (through employer-university), she had an F2 visa under me. Does she qualify to file AOS? Since her first application rejected, is she out of status, and should she select Yes to his I-485 form?
Thank you for your support !!!!
I don’t know. Speak with an immigration attorney.

I recently applied for OPT using the online I-765 form. Under "I-765 Personal Information", I do see an "Online Account Number".

1. Is this unique to user or unique to application? Is this the number that I have to provide on I-485 form as well?
2. If yes, since my I-693 is already sealed, would is be ok to leave that as is or I should get that corrected and resealed?
3. Would making the connection b/w my AOS and OPT applications through this number cause any issues? (Providing the number feels like explicitly mentioning in the AOS application that I have applied for OPT.)

Thanks!

I recently applied for OPT using the online I-765 form. Under "I-765 Personal Information", I do see an "Online Account Number".

1. Is this unique to user or unique to application? Is this the number that I have to provide on I-485 form as well?
2. If yes, since my I-693 is already sealed, would is be ok to leave that as is or I should get that corrected and resealed?
3. Would making the connection b/w my AOS and OPT applications through this number cause any issues? (Providing the number feels like explicitly mentioning in the AOS application that I have applied for OPT.)

Thanks!
Read this to know what the USCIS number is

On I-485 instructions I read:
If you have previously filed an application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system (previously called USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS)), provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued by the system.
Then it says
You can find your USCIS Online Account Number by logging in to your account and going to the profile page.
Which I can see it in the profile page, under "I-765 Personal Information".

I might be misunderstanding, but does your reference to item 12 mean it is only used for case update?

Hi Mom!
Happy Mother's Day! And thanks for your hard work!

I have several questions:
1) my family and I are on an F1 and F2 visa, the study ends at the end of May, and I would like to take OPT. If I take OPT, does it affect when I get GK? Do I have to fill out any other forms or have other obligations when applying for OPT?
2) I fill in I485 and I don't have an A number. Where should I get it? Or maybe I can't have it?

Thank you for your attention, Mom.

Hi Mom!
Happy Mother's Day! And thanks for your hard work!

I have several questions:
1) my family and I are on an F1 and F2 visa, the study ends at the end of May, and I would like to take OPT. If I take OPT, does it affect when I get GK? Do I have to fill out any other forms or have other obligations when applying for OPT?
2) I fill in I485 and I don't have an A number. Where should I get it? Or maybe I can't have it?

Thank you for your attention, Mom.
1. No, OPT application doesn’t impact the AOS application.
2. No where. Leave the A# section blank if you don’t have one.

Hi Sm1smom,

I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!

I have a couple of questions:
1) As a DV 2021 winner it is possible to do the AoS if I enter the US as a tourist? Can I enter wait the 3 months and then apply for the Aos.
2) I can be more than 3 months with a tourist visa, but my husband and children would have to enter with the ESTA, which allows max 90 in the US. Do they have to be also more than 3 months there or just me as the main selectee?

Hi Sm1smom,

1) As a DV 2021 winner it is possible to do the AoS if I enter the US as a tourist? Can I enter wait the 3 months and then apply for the Aos.
2) I can be more than 3 months with a tourist visa, but my husband and children would have to enter with the ESTA, which allows max 90 in the US. Do they have to be also more than 3 months there or just me as the main selectee?
Absolute no go even apart from fraudulent intent. Adjustment from ESTA is not allowed for any category other than immediate relative of US citizen.

Hi Sm1smom,

Sorry, you can’t do that.

Hello everyone! I hope you’re doing great!
I have a question regarding the bank statement, I am a principal applicant and can I show my husband’s bank statement? (He is derivative applicant)

@ishmog is there any pros/cons to the type of postal service used to send the AOS package? Any particular reason why you chose FedEx?

Last edited:
@ishmog is there any pros/cons to the type of postal service used to send the AOS package? Any particular reason why you chose FedEx?
Not really, I like the customer service at FedEx better than USPS. I never had a bad experience there compared to the USPS close to my apartment. I don't know about the others but FedEx has always been my preferred method of shipping when it comes to mailing important documents/parcel. I just trust their service more.