• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Mom,

so, you cant change the embassy in the ds260 by yourself?

following interactions on this forum, i asked kcc to unlock my ds260 (they are processing). When i get it unlocked, i will move to another country, make all the necessary docs confirming new residency, update ds260 and submit it. I thought i would just change the embassy by myself? Or it doesn’t work that way? Or i change it and email them to confirm? CN is not current, docs are not processed, ds is not reviewed yet.

please help! Thank you for your time!
They assign the consulate/embassy based on the current address listed in the DS260.

Don’t be surprised if you get asked for a police certificate for your new country of residence even if you have been there less than 6 months.

Mom,

so, you cant change the embassy in the ds260 by yourself?

following interactions on this forum, i asked kcc to unlock my ds260 (they are processing). When i get it unlocked, i will move to another country, make all the necessary docs confirming new residency, update ds260 and submit it. I thought i would just change the embassy by myself? Or it doesn’t work that way? Or i change it and email them to confirm? CN is not current, docs are not processed, ds is not reviewed yet.

please help! Thank you for your time!
That section on the form itself cannot be changed once selected and saved or submitted. Even when KCC had approved the embassy change request, you will continue to see the old embassy still listed on the form.

Hey everyone, what if you fill "unemployed" in your DS260 ? Is it a reason to be disqualified?
It’s not a valid reason for disqualification. Disqualification is you don’t meet the eligibility requirements, you lied on a form, didn’t include dependents on the entry, had a duplicate entry.

Depending on the circumstances, it may lead to questions about public charge though.

Okay thanks. So for previous works will they contact your old supervisor?
- And can i add internships in my previous works?

Dear Mom,
I am recently trying to fill in my DS260, and I wonder if I should include my paid part-time internships under the "Were you previously employed?" question if I have always been a full-time student without full-time working experiences before. When I was applying for my current F-1 visa, I did not include any internship experiences because I was told that only full-time experiences count. I wonder if this contradiction will be a problem...
Thank you for your time and supports!

They assign the consulate/embassy based on the current address listed in the DS260.

Don’t be surprised if you get asked for a police certificate for your new country of residence even if you have been there less than 6 months.
I have the same question, I have submitted the documents on last Oct and my CN is AS58xx.

If I want to change the interview location, I need to update the submitted documents with translation right? (I can use the original copy without translation for interview in Taiwan.)

So far, I have not received the document confirmation email, should I wait for the email and then propose the interview location changing or take action immediately? After I resubmit the documents, will they review all documents again and make the whole process longer?

What is the precedence for these action?

tl;dr I am the principal applicant, my husband applies with me. Does he need to submit his military record?

I know the following has been asked many times (although I tried looking it up and didn't find a definitive answer), and it was kinda explained in the video, but I am still confused about something.
I am the principal applicant, and my husband and son are applying with me. Now, the document request email clearly ask for passport and birth certificate from *each family member*. Now, all the other document requirements are using the language "If *you*..." - does this "you" refer to each applicant, or just to the primary applicant? That is, does my husband (again, I am the primary applicant) need to submit his military records, his police certificate, and his marriage termination (from his previous marriage, obv)?

Several people already told you to send your documents, including Simon (and you did acknowledge Simon’s response back then), yet you’re still asking what to do? Waiting for the DS260 to be unlocked has nothing to do with sending the required documents.

Go through Simon’s blog for further guidance on what to send and how to send them:

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

My DS-260 form now is unlocked and I am going to make some revisions.

Passport that has expired. Should I provide and the new passport information in the section "Personal Info, Travel Documentation"?

Okay thanks. So for previous works will they contact your old supervisor?
- And can i add internships in my previous works?
1. Probably not directly. They will do whatever needs to be done as part of the background check process.
2. You may list of them.

Dear Mom,
I am recently trying to fill in my DS260, and I wonder if I should include my paid part-time internships under the "Were you previously employed?" question if I have always been a full-time student without full-time working experiences before. When I was applying for my current F-1 visa, I did not include any internship experiences because I was told that only full-time experiences count. I wonder if this contradiction will be a problem...
Thank you for your time and supports!
1. You may include them.

tl;dr I am the principal applicant, my husband applies with me. Does he need to submit his military record?

I know the following has been asked many times (although I tried looking it up and didn't find a definitive answer), and it was kinda explained in the video, but I am still confused about something.
I am the principal applicant, and my husband and son are applying with me. Now, the document request email clearly ask for passport and birth certificate from *each family member*. Now, all the other document requirements are using the language "If *you*..." - does this "you" refer to each applicant, or just to the primary applicant? That is, does my husband (again, I am the primary applicant) need to submit his military records, his police certificate, and his marriage termination (from his previous marriage, obv)?
Yes, yes, yes! Your husband, as a derivative applicant, is required to also submit all those documents.

Only documents not applicable to a derivative are the school or work experience related documents (DV qualification document) which gets presented at the interview by the way.

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

My DS-260 form now is unlocked and I am going to make some revisions.

Passport that has expired. Should I provide and the new passport information in the section "Personal Info, Travel Documentation"?
You might as well update the passport information since the DS260 has been unlocked.

Hi I need help,
DS 260 has been already filled and submitted. But last week the applicant gave birth.
does she have to unlock and add baby?
when you send documents do you also send baby’s docs? The applicant would like to send docs but now she is wondering if she has to stop and starts to collect baby’s docs like passport.
thank you.

Hi I need help,
DS 260 has been already filled and submitted. But last week the applicant gave birth.
when you send documents do you also send baby’s docs? The applicant would like to send docs but now she is wondering if she has to stop and starts to collect baby’s docs like passport.
thank you.
1. Yes
2. Yes

thank you.
In addition to the “yes” responses above, remember you need to both add the baby to the applicant’s DS260 (and spouse’s DS260 if spouse is also on the case), and fill in a new DS260 for the baby.