IR5 entry from India for parents

My father got the IR5 visa last year in January 20. But he was not able to travel to US due to Covid-19 pandemic. Now he is going for his interview at Bombay for expired visa IR5 category.
My questions, does he need to update the DS260? IF yes, how can I do it?
Also does he need to do the finger prints before appearing interview.
Any suggestions or information is appreciated.
Please share if anyone has any info regarding these 2 concerns.
Thanks in advance.
@ramandeepk Did you get email/letter from consulate to schedule IR5 renewal appointment?
When was the IR5 expired?
Would help if you could explain sequence of steps.
For IR5 renewal they would ask for (per their reply): DS-260 confirmation page, updated PCC, 2 photographs, updated medical exam report.

I wrote the email to US travel docs, and they sent me email with standard response (see below). He had interview in month of November, received his passport in January, and visa was expired in April because medical was going to expire in April. He was not able to travel due to Flight cancellation because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the email we received, does not ask for updated DS260. But I just want to make sure either we need to update DS260 or not? and does he need to go for fingerprints.
The email does not ask for updated ds260 or fingerprints.
Please advise.
Thanks

1615570133857.png

I wrote the email to US travel docs, and they sent me email with standard response (see below). He had interview in month of November, received his passport in January, and visa was expired in April because medical was going to expire in April. He was not able to travel due to Flight cancellation because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the email we received, does not ask for updated DS260. But I just want to make sure either we need to update DS260 or not? and does he need to go for fingerprints.
Please advise.
Thanks

View attachment 2313
DS 260 confirmation page, the same one he took with him for the first interview.
Have they reached out to you or father and asked via email/letter to schedule consulate interview appointment?

Last edited:
No , it was just the email the one I attached with my last response. And then we were able to schedule the interview.
How about you?

No , it was just the email the one I attached with my last response. And then we were able to schedule the interview.
How about you?
I was trying to schedule but saw "received written notification from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate" (below) so was not sure if we needed to get any formal email/letter before we book the appointment. Do you know any other details?
Were you able to get PCC and medical exam done as well?
1615575534089.png

yes, PCC and medical is done. We were trying to schedule the interview before, but option for IR5 was not coming. But since we got the email, we were able to schedule it. So I am thinking , this is the written notification.

yes, PCC and medical is done. We were trying to schedule the interview before, but option for IR5 was not coming. But since we got the email, we were able to schedule it. So I am thinking , this is the written notification.
I am glad you were able to get PCC and medical done. I am still waiting for PCC validation.
When were you able to secure the appointment for?
Hope your father is able to join you here soon. Keep us updated about visa interview process and anything else we need to do.

Please advise.
Thanks

View attachment 2313
Hello @ramandeepk, you received above email response when you emailed support at usatraveldocs?
Did they proactively reach out to you about IR5 renewal or you had emailed them and then they responded?
They responded me by saying "CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance of their Immigrant Visa" ... but no mention of IR5 visa.
Any one else has any updates?

Not to divert topic.my mother has non expired tourist visa ..
I have applied for consular processing IR5.
She is documentarily qualified.
Can she travel to US on tourist visa until she gets interview call from mumbai.
Thanks
Ram

Not to divert topic.my mother has non expired tourist visa ..
I have applied for consular processing IR5.
She is documentarily qualified.
Can she travel to US on tourist visa until she gets interview call from mumbai.
Thanks
Ram
Not sure. Sounds like she can travel on her valid tourist visa with ongoing IR5 process, but you may want to confirm first with the immigration expert.

Hello @ramandeepk, you received above email response when you emailed support at usatraveldocs?
Did they proactively reach out to you about IR5 renewal or you had emailed them and then they responded?
They responded me by saying "CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance of their Immigrant Visa" ... but no mention of IR5 visa.
Any one else has any updates?
I emailed them and that's what I received. Then I was able to schedule the appointment. There was no other communication beside this email.

Yes they need both appointment confirmation and DS260 confirmation page.
I am confused about response from support at usatraveldocs. In the response to your email they included "CR1/2, IR5 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance" but response to me they included "CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance". I wonder if it is because your father's visa expired in April 2020 while for my parent it expired later and they are going by date order.

I am confused about response from support at usatraveldocs. In the response to your email they included "CR1/2, IR5 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance" but response to me they included "CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance". I wonder if it is because your father's visa expired in April 2020 while for my parent it expired later and they are going by date order.
I think so.