• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

As an alternative, share 2 links. One view only, the other editable. I'm presuming most people are making changes because they simply don't realize that doing so will impacts others, so making the default link "view only" will solve that, whilst still allowing you to have a separate (but still public) link for editing without needing people to specifically request access.

Considering users need to update their timeline on an ongoing basis, you're assuming I have the time to maintain two timeline spreadsheets for the same FY. What is wrong with having those who consider the spreadsheet a useful tool send in access request in order to update their own timeline?

Hello guys, I am worried since corona virus is going worst and worst. Anyone knows if there is any chance for me to get an interview if I have high number as AF48××× or if my number will be current. I m so worried :(

In the past, AF48xxx tends to get current. However, like you rightly noted, we have an unusual situation going on at the moment. The truth is, no one can give you the reassurance you're looking for. There's no point stressing over something you have no control of. All you can do for now is wait and see.

Hi guys,
I'm just sharing my DOS payment and KCC timeline so that it might be useful for other folks.
  • DS-260 (Submitted @ 10/12/2020); Received email from KCC (2NL) today (11/19/2020)
  • 330$ paid (USPS Money Order @ 10/20/2020, Money Order cashed like 6 days later!); Received my SASE with payment receipt @ 11/09/2020.

Confused with i-864 in i-485...:rolleyes:

In i-485 :
61. Are you exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility?
I answered "No"
then it says:
If you answered “No,” complete Form I-944 and include it with your Form I-485 filing, and proceed to Item Number 62.a.
The 62.a - 62.n section, as I understand, asks me on what reason I am exempt from filing i-864.
I am EXEMPT from filing Form I-864 because:
Should I choose:
62.l. I am applying under the Diversity Visa program immigrant category.
?

Seems that I should, but I am still not sure because I haven't seen an instruction on i-485 for AOS DV selectees....

THANK YOU in ADVANCE! ;)

In i-485 :

I answered "No"
then it says:

The 62.a - 62.n section, as I understand, asks me on what reason I am exempt from filing i-864.

Should I choose:

?

Seems that I should, but I am still not sure because I haven't seen an instruction on i-485 for AOS DV selectees....

THANK YOU in ADVANCE! ;)
Form I864 is an affidavit of support form, you don't need it. But you are still under public charge rule. you need to show that your will not be public charge in future, and if your income doesn't exceed the poverty guideline values then it's a good idea to attach a affidavit of support form, for DV base application you can not file I-864 but you ask a sponsor to fill I-134
go through the spreadsheet again, then you will realize what forms you need to send

In i-485 :

I answered "No"
then it says:

Should I choose:

?

THANK YOU in ADVANCE! ;)

Select NO for question 61 and proceed to 62.I

Considering users need to update their timeline on an ongoing basis, you're assuming I have the time to maintain two timeline spreadsheets for the same FY. What is wrong with having those who consider the spreadsheet a useful tool send in access request in order to update their own timeline?

I didn't suggest 2 spreadsheets. I suggested one spreadsheet, and two distinct "share" URLs - one view only, one edit. Google Docs supports this - just go to share and you'll get the option for view v's edit, and you'll get a different link for each.

The current way works, sure - I was just suggesting something that might make your life easier by not having to manage edit requests as much.

I didn't suggest 2 spreadsheets. I suggested one spreadsheet, and two distinct "share" URLs - one view only, one edit. Google Docs supports this - just go to share and you'll get the option for view v's edit, and you'll get a different link for each.

The current way works, sure - I was just suggesting something that might make your life easier by not having to manage edit requests as much.
I’m confused. either the view one won’t update automatically, or it will update to the same confusion as the edited one? Even if there is a way to fix the sort order, how does your system cope with when (it has happened) people actually delete stuff?

Hello,
I’ve seen that due to the pandemic, a lot of F1 students like me were approved without interview. Therefore, I was trying to see if sending all necessary documents will allow me to skip interview as well. By necessary documents, I mean filing the affidavit of support i-134 along with my i-485 since I don’t have enough funds in my bank account and i dont want to put a large amount of cash in my account at once.

Is that possible to do that?

And how does the view only version get updated with users’ timeline info as they progress through the AOS process?

Thanks for the reply..mine says finger print fee recieved 10/31....still no notice ...when compared to past years this year seems super duper slow !!!..
Finger print fee received is normally appeared as soon as the AOS package got formally accepted. I would suggest you not to compare the timeline from last years. This is a special situations where the ASC are not 100% working capacity. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see some slow process.
Don't worry something will happen eventually and you have almost 10 months left

December Visa Bulletin is out:

AFRICA 10,500 Except: Egypt 6,000
ASIA 4,300 Except: Iran -- 2,400, Nepal -- 2,825
EUROPE 7,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 600
SOUTH AMERICA and the CARIBBEAN 750

Hello,
I’ve seen that due to the pandemic, a lot of F1 students like me were approved without interview. Therefore, I was trying to see if sending all necessary documents will allow me to skip interview as well. By necessary documents, I mean filing the affidavit of support i-134 along with my i-485 since I don’t have enough funds in my bank account and i dont want to put a large amount of cash in my account at once.

Is that possible to do that?

Some FOs do approve do approve DV based AOS cases without an interview. That is one of the reasons the AOS process lists suggested supporting documents (not listed on USCIS’s website) to include with the AOS package. This is not to say including everything on the spreadsheet guarantees an interview free process. A properly front-loaded AOS package helps smooth the way.