Processing time for green card based on asylum

Usually most GC cases based on asylum are processed in under a year unless you have bad criminal history or there's something very off with your identity and they can't verify it or run a full background check.
Actually people who sent their asylum based GC to Texas, are waiting for 2 years now , only Nebraska process them in less than a year

Usually most GC cases based on asylum are processed in under a year unless you have bad criminal history or there's something very off with your identity and they can't verify it or run a full background check.[/QUOTE

You are right, but now if you look at TCS GC Asylum based processing time it can be adjudicated any time from 8 month to 31.5 months but its not the same for Nebraska center.

Sept 26, txt message with reciept number received and mailed notice will follow.
Online case status states on Sept 22 they received fingerprint fee

Check finally cashed. I was very nervous something went wrong. They don't process applications as they receive them as they claim. They took more than three weeks to cash my checks, crazy. Thanks for your help. Any updates on your case?

Check finally cashed. I was very nervous something went wrong. They don't process applications as they receive them as they claim. They took more than three weeks to cash my checks, crazy. Thanks for your help. Any updates on your case?
No nothing yet, still waiting to see if I will get fingerprints notice or they will use the ones they have

Thank you for the info. I am worried because my application arrived almost two weeks in AZ Lockbox by USPS. No check cashed and no returned application yet. I will wait and see.
Lulii16, Asylee1983 and all recent AOS please keep us updated in these strange times.

Thank you for the info. I am worried because my application arrived almost two weeks in AZ Lockbox by USPS. No check cashed and no returned application yet. I will wait and see.
Lulii16, Asylee1983 and all recent AOS please keep us updated in these strange times.
Did you get delivery confirmation from USPD?

Sure, we will.

Received notification today that all the forms were received. I applied for a Green card, EAD, and Travel document for my wife and I. Received all six notifications. Probably that's the reason it took about three weeks to receive the notifications.

Hello guys I have two work permits one is expiring on December 2020 and other one is on April 2021
But here is the story
The one that is expiring on December 2020 has the ZLA number(my asylum case number) and it says category A05.

and the one is expiring on April 2021 has SRC number saying category C08

And in this moment I applied for my green card and I have been waiting for over 6 months
so my question is do i need to get another work permit since the December 2020 one is the last one i got after i win the asylum or i can use the older one which expire on April 2021?

Hello guys I have two work permits one is expiring on December 2020 and other one is on April 2021
But here is the story
The one that is expiring on December 2020 has the ZLA number(my asylum case number) and it says category A05.

and the one is expiring on April 2021 has SRC number saying category C08

And in this moment I applied for my green card and I have been waiting for over 6 months
so my question is do i need to get another work permit since the December 2020 one is the last one i got after i win the asylum or i can use the older one which expire on April 2021?
No if you were granted asylum you should have an unrestricted social security number, you can use is for work with another type of photo ID like DL on i-9, and u don’t need to waste your money on anything else. Wait for your greencard

So this is kind of interesting I don't know if anyone of you has experienced something like this. I was expecting to recive my application acceptance notice by yesterday the 15th of October. I did not receive the notice by mail and out of curiosity, I decided to submit a request as my online status shows that I should submit a request if the notice is not received by the 15th. I guess the delay is due to all the mess with USPS. In the online request form I selected form I-485. And for sub section I chose "filing after 1 year of asylum approval", when I tried to submit, it states that the sub section selected is wrong for the case number MSC21xxxx... I tried several times and got the some error. Out of curiosity, I decided to select a different sub category, so I chose family adjusted and it was submitted successfully. This is surprising---as I filed based on asylum. I did file alongside my wife which might explain the reason why they place my application in the family adjustment category. Second, the ID number starting with MSC is the national benefit center----normally my application should have been with Nebraska, since am from Ohio. To those who recently filed in Nebraska, please can you share your first three letters of your case number (mine is MSC). And has anyone experienced something like this? That they filed based on asylum an they were place under family adjustment category?

So this is kind of interesting I don't know if anyone of you has experienced something like this. I was expecting to recive my application acceptance notice by yesterday the 15th of October. I did not receive the notice by mail and out of curiosity, I decided to submit a request as my online status shows that I should submit a request if the notice is not received by the 15th. I guess the delay is due to all the mess with USPS. In the online request form I selected form I-485. And for sub section I chose "filing after 1 year of asylum approval", when I tried to submit, it states that the sub section selected is wrong for the case number MSC21xxxx... I tried several times and got the some error. Out of curiosity, I decided to select a different sub category, so I chose family adjusted and it was submitted successfully. This is surprising---as I filed based on asylum. I did file alongside my wife which might explain the reason why they place my application in the family adjustment category. Second, the ID number starting with MSC is the national benefit center----normally my application should have been with Nebraska, since am from Ohio. To those who recently filed in Nebraska, please can you share your first three letters of your case number (mine is MSC). And has anyone experienced something like this? That they filed based on asylum an they were place under family adjustment category?
What the hel!!!!!, that’s so messed up man, so I guess the routed your application to the wrong team! I know you had NFB in the mailing address which means non family based, I don’t know how it ended up in Family based, Nebraska receipts start with LIN, you need to hire an attorney to talk to them and fix that mess

What the hel!!!!!, that’s so messed up man, so I guess the routed your application to the wrong team! I know you had NFB in the mailing address which means non family based, I don’t know how it ended up in Family based, Nebraska receipts start with LIN, you need to hire an attorney to talk to them and fix that mess

Yeah it's totally messed up. Will talk to an attorney for sure. I was expecting the receipt to start with LIN.

This is very scary because I am EXACTLY in the same boat with you. Same state, Nebraska office and type of applications: GC + EAD + TD. It's soon 3 weeks since I filed my application with my husband. They did not cash our checks yet. Scary :eek::eek:

This is very scary because I am EXACTLY in the same boat with you. Same state, Nebraska office and type of applications: GC + EAD + TD. It's soon 3 weeks since I filed my application with my husband. They did not cash our checks yet. Scary :eek::eek:

I filed for GC, EAD, and TD for my wife and I. It took them three weeks to cash our checks. So wait until the end of today. My check was cashed last Friday. They received application Sept 15th.

03/30/20 - I-485 package mailed.
04/03/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.
04/10/20 - Received 797s for I-485, I-765, & I-131.
04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.
05/22/20 - I-693 Medical Exam was delivered to USCIS Nebraska without RFE.
06/02/20 - Received text/email notification I-765 has been denied.
06/04/20 - Received letter from USCIS denying I-765.
10/03/20 - I-131 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case. (Only received email notification, no text).

Finally some movement. I had completely forgotten I never received notification about the fingerprints being applied to the RTD application like they were to the GC and EAD applications. My guess is the initial processing officer forgot to dot it. ???? Either way, I'm hoping this means someone finally picked up my case to work on the GC application and noticed the I-131 was still pending and outside normal processing time for a travel document request. Fingers crossed.

Since you submitted all three application concurrently, did they send your application to the National Benefit Center (receipt number starting with MSC)? Or it was went dieectly to Nebraska Service Center (receipt number starting with LIN)?
Thanks

Any updates guys on when should I receive fingerprints appointment or status changes to that they have used the ones they have, it has been a month.
I also noticed in the language of the receipt letter that they didn’t mention that the nxt step is fingerprints, they stated instead they will let me know if fingerprints will be needed... and it has been silent ever-since.
any clue or recent timeline reference for Nebraska?

Any updates guys on when should I receive fingerprints appointment or status changes to that they have used the ones they have, it has been a month.
I also noticed in the language of the receipt letter that they didn’t mention that the nxt step is fingerprints, they stated instead they will let me know if fingerprints will be needed... and it has been silent ever-since.
any clue or recent timeline reference for Nebraska?

I have a friend who has been waiting for fingerprint notice for two months from Nebraska. She submitted since August. My notice also says "if we determine you must submit biometrics, we will mail you a...."
My office is National Benefit Center. Will keep you all posted if I receive any updates on my case.

Hi everyone!
NSC 485 asylum based
Applied 04/14/2020
Checks cashed 05/03/2020
Shows fingerprints were taken 07/17/2020
Since that time no news, who has ideas how long it can take?
Also I moved to Fl from Ca, but they didn’t move my case, it will stay in NSC