• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

This is good news. Especially for allowing applicant doing interview first and then submitting medical result.
Is this normal process? I can suggest my Consular Institute doing things like that.
It’s usual to do medical first, some consulates have not allowed people in for interviews without medicals before (others have not been that strict). Under the circumstances, allowing people to submit medicals after the interview makes total sense, especially places where there might be bottlenecks at the panel doctor if everyone tries to do before interview.

Hi All,

I got document processed email and I'm waiting for interview since March, I'm not plaintiff of any lawsuit and now I'm thinking about Curtis 3.0
Does any body have some information about Curtis 3.0?

Hi All,

I got document processed email and I'm waiting for interview since March, I'm not plaintiff of any lawsuit and now I'm thinking about Curtis 3.0
Does any body have some information about Curtis 3.0?
see britsimonsays link I posted on previous page, there is a also a video in that link where I believe he talks about it

see britsimonsays link I posted on previous page, there is a also a video in that link where I believe he talks about it[/QUOTE
Hi , i am at the same situation , SUSIE ,What is your and what Brtisimon recommendation about the Curtis 3.0 ? its important!!!!

Does anyone got his May interview letter earlier? Why they mention May camceled interview in the last Dos update. My case was ready to interviewed in May but I did not get the 2nl that's why am asking is there any of you guys gor the 2nl for May?

Hello folks,
I have tried to listen Mr. Brit Simon advice and start pushing our embassy in Sofia Bulgaria. Unfortunately I am in 5 group related Simon explanation but I still have a little hope even with mixed thoughts. Please see below one email from our embassy in Sofia Bulgaria and hope its true:
Good luck guys!

Attachments

• 47FFC7A3-7B46-491E-9C55-41210252203D.jpeg
    47FFC7A3-7B46-491E-9C55-41210252203D.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 76
Hi Guys,

I am still waiting for a response from the US embassy in Sydney.
My police certificate(AFP) will be expired on 08, November 2020, but I just found out that from the interview guidelines:

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.54.31 pm.png

Does that mean I need to get a new police certificate for a longer validity visa?
But it seems like this case only happens in Australia...

Hello All,

This is the reply I got from US Embassy Nepal. To clarify, I am not a named plaintiff and my visa interview was schedule for 22 April. I wrote them an email asking for special consideration as my wife is 35 week pregnant and we reside outside of capital city where the embassy and medical authorities for visa is not located.

Dear DV applicant,
Unfortunately, we must schedule interviews in accordance with Department of State guidelines. All immigrant visa medical examinations must be completed at the designated panel physician location. For Nepal, this means that all immigrant visa medical exams must be completed at IOM in Kathmandu. Additionally, per U.S. Immigration Law, visa applicants are required to appear for an interview in person.
Interview cases will be prioritized in accordance with the guidance cited in our email below. Given the limited numbers of days remaining in September and Post’s limited processing capacity, we are hopeful that we can interview the cases which were originally scheduled in March. However, we cannot guarantee how many visa interviews we will be able to conduct. Therefore, it is essential that we follow the visa scheduling guidelines.
We thank you for your understanding and regret we cannot give a more positive reply.
Sincerely,

As per my interpretation, the embassy made it clear that unnamed plaintiff whose visa interview was previously appointed, after March have no/or zero chances for the rescheduling. I think the only option left is to join Curti’s DV 3.0, though I have forwarded this message to Justice Action Center & Innovation Law Lab.

Such a sad news :( . feeling helpless

Last edited:
Warsaw (Schengen) just reached out to me on their own, I did not contact them, but I am the plaintiff.

I requested the spot for the last days of September - so I can do medicals and hopefully Schengen issue will be resolved.

Attachments

• warsaw.JPG
    warsaw.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 65
Hi Guys,

I am still waiting for a response from the US embassy in Sydney.
My police certificate(AFP) will be expired on 08, November 2020, but I just found out that from the interview guidelines:

View attachment 2034

Does that mean I need to get a new police certificate for a longer validity visa?
But it seems like this case only happens in Australia...
I would get a new police cert. Did you hear back yet? Mine is on Wednesday in Sydney I’m from Brisbane so a bit nervous wishing you luck!

I would get a new police cert. Did you hear back yet?

Does that mean you can submit the police cert after the interview?
If no, then I suppose I need to get the certificate(takes about 2 weeks to get one) before the interview, which means it can be really tight schedule.
No, I haven't got any notice since I just replied to their email.

Mine is on Wednesday in Sydney I’m from Brisbane so a bit nervous wishing you luck!

That's great,
Congratulation on the notice, have you got your police cert yet?

I wanted to say that I got a call from the USA embassy in Jerusalem, Israel this afternoon for a visa appointment next week Wednesday, Sept 16th, 2020.
They told me to get a new medical after the interview and bring it by 30th September, 2020.

I want to sincerely thank all the lawyers involved. I was NOT a named plaintiff.
I just wrote the embassy an email on September 5th and attached the Judge Mehta ruling.