• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Group 4 here. I just called KCC and the woman says they don’t have any information yet and that I should check the website these days for possible update, and to call again in the next few days.

Group 4. I just called KCC (2:13 PM Kentucky time) and I got brushed off immediately as I mentioned I was a DV2020 case. I was told that KCC hasn't received any instruction from the State Department on how to proceed and that I should call at the end of the week, even though I clearly mentioned that I am a named plaintiff in the Mohammed vs Trump case.

Group 4. I just called KCC (2:13 PM Kentucky time) and I got brushed off immediately as I mentioned I was a DV2020 case. I was told that KCC hasn't received any instruction from the State Department on how to proceed and that I should call at the end of the week, even though I clearly mentioned that I am a named plaintiff in the Mohammed vs Trump case.
Named or not, they can’t just go ahead and schedule you without a new instruction from the State Department.

me too , i got the same answer !!! call at Friday mybea we will have another answer

If you receive any further communication from the consulate, or if anything about your situation changes, we would appreciate it if you would please update us. You can use the same form to update us. We will be reporting back to the Court what is happening at the consulates on a regular basis, and we will seek further relief from the Court if Diversity Visa winners are unable to receive their visas
by the September 30 deadline.

https://innovation-law-lab.typeform.com/to/Ihao8Jdz
Thanks for sharing

BREAKING NEWS: Dep. of State contacted the lawyers who represent the plaintiffs. The supplied (DoS) with the spreadsheet of those Plaintiffs whoes docs are still at KCC (not confirmed), around 200 of records from what I heard. They will be prioritising them now and arranging their interview by 30th of Sept.

They want a list of 3 selected consular posts per plaintiff as some consular posts are closed for now/plaintiffs cannot travel - borders closed.

Bad news for schengen countries/UK:

(what DoS sent to the lawyers)
"In selecting preferred alternate posts, please keep in mind the following factors: (1) consistent with 22 CFR 42.61(a), applicants will still need to establish that they will be able to remain in the area for the period of time required to process the application; and (2) the regional-focused Presidential Proclamations related to COVID-19 (PP. 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996 and 10041) remain in effect and are not subject to the court's order. As a result, DV applicants who have been physically present in an affected region during the preceding 14-day period will not be issued an immigrant visa unless excepted under the relevant proclamation or until they have been outside the affected region for 14 days. "

Looks like Europeans (Schengen/UK) will not get their visa unless they travel to non-schengen country. But then medicals, documents translation, is there enough time for it? I thought judge ruled otherwise... that schengen ban has nothing to do with it.

looks like Charles got it too. Now you can see who was right (Curtis) and why it was worth to get part in the lawsuit (in case deadline is not extended).

Attachments

• priority.JPG
    priority.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 93
I’m from Serbia (not Schengen zone). I got ready for schedule e-mail. I’ll call KCC later to see do I have a chance.

I don’t understand why the Schengen ban means visas can’t be issued. As long as the holder complies with the two week period elsewhere before actually eventually entering the US? What am I missing?

I don’t understand why the Schengen ban means visas can’t be issued. As long as the holder complies with the two week period elsewhere before actually eventually entering the US? What am I missing?
Completely agreed, it s ridiculous and doesn't make any sense at all. I hope it gets reviewed because it is not what he judge said at all. Fells like the government lawyers did a better job atfighting the judge's decision and finding the loopholes than at fighting the actual case during the trial

"
I don’t think DoS is being intentionally “nasty”. They’re merely following the law."

nope, there are just finding loopholes, its not their goodwill as judge ordered. I never felt such unwanted guest like I do now by usa

I’m from Serbia (not Schengen zone). I got ready for schedule e-mail. I’ll call KCC later to see do I have a chance.
let us know because i called them and they still doesnt have any instruction what to do and they ask to call at the end of the week