• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Let us know how it goes... I am EU33k and took part in MohammedXPopeo lawsuit. To make things more complex, í went to travel in May and im in Mexico atm haha I hope they will extend the deadline, I totally dont feel like flying over to Warsaw atm so I would probably have to give GC a miss :/

Will you try to move your case to Mexico? Is it possible? I saw that Warsaw is kind of busy.

Nope, they dont do DV here, I dont have documents with me and police certificates are not being issued for now due to corona plus im on caribbean coast, far away from Mexico City.

Not sure how busy is Warsaw, been living in UK for most of my life, its just that I heard that they have high success rate of visa issuance (and ppl say interviews are pretty relaxed there), so I decided to select Warsaw (instead of London) in ds-260.

I just really hope 1 year extension will be granted, then most of us (if not all) will get their visa.

Last edited:
Ok, I got it. There is somebody on twitter who posted some lists with number of cases (ready for scheduling only) per embassy (based on ceac data extracted as for May 1st). Based on his lists Warsaw had 111 cases and London had 9. Maybe it's helpful. Fingers crossed! :)

No, you can’t move a case to a consulate in a country you don’t have a legal right of residence in.

I have legal residency in Mexico (permanent resident card as I lived here before longterm) but knowing how things work here, I would never do it :)

"per embassy (based on ceac data extracted as for May 1st). Based on his lists Warsaw had 111 cases and London had 9. Maybe it's helpful. Fingers crossed! "

I did not know this, wow. I just heard so many bad stories about London like requiring large amounts of savings, not enough docs. UK anyway is out of question - quarantine... For Poland, getting (transit) via other EU country, would not require me to do quarantine (grey area but officially, thats what the law says). If I somehow get interview confirmed this week (Curtis is trying to help), I would take this risk and fly over,. otherwise, there is no time for me to travel, do medicals and police certificate.

Please let's keep each other informed here, this week may be crucial.

Last edited:
@SusieQQQ @Sm1smom being rescheduled as a mission critical, are you still ban on entry ??
Am saying this because of the new medical and the one month medical extension.

Can’t we enter the us as mission critical without restrictions with one month medical extension instead of paying for another 6month Visa for a family of 4 again??

Or can the medicals be done after the interview??

Advise please

@SusieQQQ @Sm1smom being rescheduled as a mission critical, are you still ban on entry ??

Can’t we enter the us as mission critical without restrictions with one month medical extension instead of paying for another 6month Visa for a family of 4 again??

Advise please
btw can you tell please? how long do medicals and required vaccination take?

and also, Charles Kuck had a facebook video with other lawyers on Saturday following the verdict, they mentioned at some point that maybe they will even lift this requirements now (medicals) as its needs to be treated as mission critical.

Advise please
My understanding of the judgement was that while the president has the power to ban entry, there is not the power to stop the visa process (that’s not the legal wording but thats the gist of it). So, no, the judgement does not allow entry before the end of the ban period, only for visa processing to continue.

Visa cannot be issued without the medical so doing it after an interview doesn't make much sense. Right now as it stands the visas will still have to be issued by Sept 30.

btw can you tell please? how long do medicals and required vaccination take?

and also, Charles Kuck had a facebook video with other lawyers on Saturday following the verdict, they mentioned at some point that maybe they will even lift this requirements now (medicals) as its needs to be treated as mission critical.

Medicals timing depends on the country. Contact the panel doctor in the country you’ll be doing it in and ask them.

Well, they are the lawyers, did they mention any other cases where the legal requirement for the medical gets waived? I’ve never heard of it, but I presume they have some kind of precedent they are working with ....

Medicals timing depends on the country. Contact the panel doctor in the country you’ll be doing it in and ask them.

Well, they are the lawyers, did they mention any other cases where the legal requirement for the medical gets waived? I’ve never heard of it, but I presume they have some kind of precedent they are working with ....

Look, here is the video
At some point, more towards the end, they mention that. How it works, whether its possible or not, i dunno, just literally quoted them

Look, here is the video
At some point, more towards the end, they mention that. How it works, whether its possible or not, i dunno, just literally quoted them
I really don’t like watching videos... sorry I know that makes me unusual these days, I’d rather read stuff.

If it were me personally I wouldn’t bank on lifting medicals. if that’s the only thing possibly standing between me and a visa I wouldn't be taking that chance.

Advise please
If the VISA is really mission critical then i believe all mission critical like the F1 VISAs are allowed to enter the USA

Will you try to move your case to Mexico? Is it possible? I saw that Warsaw is kind of busy.
How do you know the Warsaw embassy is busy? Is there any chance to find that out?

And another question to everyone: I know it’s not sure whether we’ll be receiving the extension for DV2020 yet but do we already know for how long they’re going to request it? Someone mentioned a year a few posts earlier but I was rather thinking about 1 month or so.

How do you know the Warsaw embassy is busy? Is there any chance to find that out?

And another question to everyone: I know it’s not sure whether we’ll be receiving the extension for DV2020 yet but do we already know for how long they’re going to request it? Someone mentioned a year a few posts earlier but I was rather thinking about 1 month or so.

Curtis on his twitter mentioned 1 year

I am in group 3 category who's visa interview was cancelled. As suggest, I wrote and email to Embassy mentioning judge Mehta's verdict and asking to reschedule my interview under "mission critical" case. This is the reply I got from them today;

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a query regarding the interview date.

In response to your question, we would like to inform you that as of March 17, 2020, the United States Embassy in Kathmandu is cancelling routine Diversity visas and nonimmigrant visa appointments. From March 23, 2020, the U.S. Embassy is cancelling all routine immigrant visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Further, please continue visiting our website and refer the red banner for latest updates on resumption of our services.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit the website to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Yours Sincerely,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

I am in group 3 category who's visa interview was cancelled. As suggest, I wrote and email to Embassy mentioning judge Mehta's verdict and asking to reschedule my interview under "mission critical" case. This is the reply I got from them today;

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a query regarding the interview date.

In response to your question, we would like to inform you that as of March 17, 2020, the United States Embassy in Kathmandu is cancelling routine Diversity visas and nonimmigrant visa appointments. From March 23, 2020, the U.S. Embassy is cancelling all routine immigrant visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Further, please continue visiting our website and refer the red banner for latest updates on resumption of our services.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit the website to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Yours Sincerely,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.
My guess is the judge gave the order late Friday in the US after office hours, we will have to wait until Tuesday office hours US time for a memo to be circulated to all embassies from the Department of States.
I don't know their standard operating procedure but I guess that's close to what we should expect

Last edited: