• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I wanted to say that I got a call from the USA embassy in Jerusalem, Israel this afternoon for a visa appointment next week Wednesday, Sept 16th, 2020.
They told me to get a new medical after the interview and bring it by 30th September, 2020.

I want to sincerely thank all the lawyers involved. I was NOT a named plaintiff.
I just wrote the embassy an email on September 5th and attached the Judge Mehta ruling.
That's odd!!
I just called KCC right now, they said they only schedule plaintiffs
In which group are you? Group 3 probably?

Hello All,

This is the reply I got from US Embassy Nepal. To clarify, I am not a named plaintiff and my visa interview was schedule for 22 April. I wrote them an email asking for special consideration as my wife is 35 week pregnant and we reside outside of capital city where the embassy and medical authorities for visa is not located.

Dear DV applicant,
Unfortunately, we must schedule interviews in accordance with Department of State guidelines. All immigrant visa medical examinations must be completed at the designated panel physician location. For Nepal, this means that all immigrant visa medical exams must be completed at IOM in Kathmandu. Additionally, per U.S. Immigration Law, visa applicants are required to appear for an interview in person.
Interview cases will be prioritized in accordance with the guidance cited in our email below. Given the limited numbers of days remaining in September and Post’s limited processing capacity, we are hopeful that we can interview the cases which were originally scheduled in March. However, we cannot guarantee how many visa interviews we will be able to conduct. Therefore, it is essential that we follow the visa scheduling guidelines.
We thank you for your understanding and regret we cannot give a more positive reply.
Sincerely,

As per my interpretation, the embassy made it clear that unnamed plaintiff whose visa interview was previously appointed, after March have no/or zero chances for the rescheduling. I think the only option left is to join Curti’s DV 3.0, though I have forwarded this message to Justice Action Center & Innovation Law Lab.

Such a sad news :( . feeling helpless

Kathmandu is one of the busiest embassies. They should have had lot of DV cases scheduled for March. It would take some time to process and clear them all.

Does that mean you can submit the police cert after the interview?
If no, then I suppose I need to get the certificate(takes about 2 weeks to get one) before the interview, which means it can be really tight schedule.
No, I haven't got any notice since I just replied to their email.

That's great,
Congratulation on the notice, have you got your police cert yet?
Mine expired in July so I just applied for a new one tonight from what I have read on here it’s ok as long as you show the receipt but it can delay the outcome. Keep me updated please!

I heard 2 people got their interviews scheduled in Tbilisi. They are not named plaintiffs, but someone who had cancelled appointments.
We do not have named plaintiffs, maybe just one. So, my guess is in this case, they follow regular logic and schedule acc case numbers.

I have just called KCC and they told me that if I'm not a named plaintiff, they will not process my case (I'm still waiting for my documents to be processed) and I should apply for the DV 2022 in October.

I just call KCC. I'm in group 4, my case is still in KCC. The officer told me that my Ambassy need to contact KCC.
But, I already got response from my Ambassy stated that Ambassy can not do anything. What should I do? this is ridiculous.

Kathmandu is one of the busiest embassies. They should have had lot of DV cases scheduled for March. It would take some time to process and clear them all.

I did some math. As according to Xarthisius data as of FY2020.05.01 there are 214 DV cases pending before my case. There are 8 visa interview counter inside Kathmandu embassy which can take minimum 6 interview at a time (let us assume 6 at a time because of COVID constrain). Now, the calculation shows its possible to include all the cancelled interview but they are giving priority to people who had their interview cancelled till March. Are they willing to work in a good Faith ??

Can someone please make show me how it looks like confirmation email received from KCC?!
I am really disappointed from their responses email I received :

1599777898884.jpeg

yeah, on the spreadsheet dep. of state sent us, there was 182 people, i was row 8, i think kcc goes by that list now.

still... dunno about it, my interview location is warsaw which is in schengen... as of now, they said they won't issue visa there
You should move out if Schengen and get KCC to move your case.

Hi all, i just want to make sure, if our case get an AP and can't be resolved until this Sep 30, can we still be issued a visa after that?