• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I was wondering, is it possible that the FO schedule the interview and do not update the sistem?
It is true that we get a call, but today I tried to call the tier2 and ask if they can see our interview letter (I wanna asked her to send that by email)but she said that she don't see anything, just my Bio.
is that possible?
The FO does not comunicate the interview?

There’s no requirement for the system to be updated with the interview notice. They already called and told you when to come in for your interview, so do that and stop stressing yourself out needlessly. Focus on preparing for the interview.

I know it was answered in the forum before, but sincere apologies that I can't seem to find it. What should be the minimum income for self sufficiency? Do we need to get a financial sponsorship letter from a family member to be more secure even if we are employed in the States?

yeaaaaaaahh. -- New Card is Being Produced!!!

The officer interviewed me alone first. After that he invited my wife and two kids one by one.

I was asked for the original documents for birth certificates and marriage certificate as well as original KCC fee payment receipt. All questions were from I-485. We only signed I-485! He said he usually do not approve on the spot and we will be notified if anything additional is needed. However, the status was updated 1 hours later.

@Sm1smom and everyone here,
I have no words to express my gratitude for everything you do here. This forum is all I used as resources for my AOS. I have never consulted with someone or looked in another place.

I wish you all health and to get the desired status!

Hey @Kentavar2397 I noticed that the Los Angeles FO was updated on the USCIS website as closed on Monday 27th until further notice and is still currently closed. This might explain the change of venue for your appointment on Monday? Fingers crossed it reopens soon before our interview dates.

Yes this is due to the protests currently happening. I’m beyond grateful that the lady called me and changed the location last minute just so the 6 people she had that day could have their fingerprints and photos taken. I suppose they will keep is updated if anything occurs. Hopefully no more extra waiting.

@Ertyui

I did so for all I-485 forms and for I-944 as well. My documents were accepted.

BUT you'd better to ask other MORE experienced persons to avoid a rejection.

P.S. I was worried my package could be rejected because I put "N/A" everywhere (not applicable to me or my derivatives).
I didn’t put N/A for A number/USCIS account number.
Also, I didn’t put N/A for preparer/translator for 2nd package and it was accepted.

My first package was rejected due to no sign for the document, but I did sign in.
The speculation is that somebody misunderstood I didn’t sign it, because I put N/A for preparer/translator for 1st package and left blank for signature section for Preparer/translator.
Thank you so much!

There’s no requirement for the system to be updated with the interview notice. They already called and told you when to come in for your interview, so do that and stop stressing yourself out needlessly. Focus on preparing for the interview.
ok, I will do it!
Sorry!

hello, does anyone knows how many file office in Los Angeles. Since my location is in LA and the file office is close, is there any other file office?

This Monday, on July 27th, I sent the congressional inquiry via email with privacy release signature. Today I got the initial response from office.
They told me the scheduled biometric appointment in mid-August!
I am really happy to know the appointment and the service of Senator's office.
Senator's office didn't do anything about your appointment. They just gave you the information you could simply obtain by calling USCIS.

"For applications and petitions that USCIS adjudicates on or after July 29, 2020, pursuant to the SDNY injunction, USCIS will not consider any information provided by an applicant or petitioner that relates to the Public Charge Rule, including information provided on the Form I-944, or information on the receipt of public benefits in Part 5 on Form I-539, Part 3 on Form I-539A or Part 6 on Form I-129. Applicants and petitioners whose applications or petitions are postmarked on or after July 29, 2020, should not include the Form I-944 or provide information about the receipt of public benefits on Form I-485, Form I-129, or Form I-539/I-539A.

USCIS will issue guidance regarding the use of affected forms. In the interim, USCIS will not reject any Form I-485 on the basis of the inclusion or exclusion of Form I-944, nor Forms I-129 and I-539 based on whether Part 6, or Part 5, respectively, has been completed or left blank."

So here comes recap from my interview :)

I've had appointment this afternoon at Newark field office. I still haven't received any biometrics appointment and letter btw.
I had 2:30 PM timeslot, got there around 2:10 and I was waiting up until almost 3 PM to be called out. And I was the only person in the room.
However, I was greeted by an amazing officer. Got sworn in, provided my ID documents (ID, passport+birth certificate) and also he asked if he can keep the original I-20 that I have brought with myself. Other than that, I have provided him with tax transcript that I didn't have when I mailed my original package.
After a couple of introductory questions about my identity, when I have arrived to the states and have I left ever since, he than proceeded with those Yes/No questions. I have disclosed that I have gotten parking ticket 2 days ago, but he said that it's OK.
After that he has explained to me that he is very aware of the time sensitivity thing. He said that everything seems fine to him, I have maintened my status and didn't have any violation so once I am done with my biometrics, he will approve my case and I should receive GC in my mail within 2 weeks - up to a month. He also said that he was the only officer working on DV cases for that FO and that he has filed expedited request for me to get my biometrics appointment. If I got him well, I think I should receive either a phone call or a notice in the mail maybe even during the next week. He also mentioned that it might not be in my closest ASC, but I said that it's not an issue.
After that we chatted a little bit about DV in general and he said that usually they don't have much cases and that all of the cases for his FO so far has been sucesfull. We greeted after that and I left - entire interview lasted maybe 15 minutes (not even that much).
Overall, I was really impressed by efficiency of the entire department and one can really tell that they are doing their best to process all DV cases in a timely manner.
This journey is not over yet, still have to get the biometrics done, but I really feel like a huge stone has been lifter over me.

To sum everything up, I would like to express my extreme gratitude to this forum and resources that it has provided to us, and especially to thank @Sm1smom who is doing tremendous work all this time and who has made this process to be as straightforward as possible for all of us. I've said this numerous times already, but once again - thank you so much!
I will update periodically when I get biometrics done and receive my GC.
To all of the other fellow DV 2020 AOS-ers who are yet to have their interview: I wish you all the best of luck with it!

So here comes recap from my interview :)

I've had appointment this afternoon at Newark field office. I still haven't received any biometrics appointment and letter btw.
I had 2:30 PM timeslot, got there around 2:10 and I was waiting up until almost 3 PM to be called out. And I was the only person in the room.
However, I was greeted by an amazing officer. Got sworn in, provided my ID documents (ID, passport+birth certificate) and also he asked if he can keep the original I-20 that I have brought with myself. Other than that, I have provided him with tax transcript that I didn't have when I mailed my original package.
After a couple of introductory questions about my identity, when I have arrived to the states and have I left ever since, he than proceeded with those Yes/No questions. I have disclosed that I have gotten parking ticket 2 days ago, but he said that it's OK.
After that he has explained to me that he is very aware of the time sensitivity thing. He said that everything seems fine to him, I have maintened my status and didn't have any violation so once I am done with my biometrics, he will approve my case and I should receive GC in my mail within 2 weeks - up to a month. He also said that he was the only officer working on DV cases for that FO and that he has filed expedited request for me to get my biometrics appointment. If I got him well, I think I should receive either a phone call or a notice in the mail maybe even during the next week. He also mentioned that it might not be in my closest ASC, but I said that it's not an issue.
After that we chatted a little bit about DV in general and he said that usually they don't have much cases and that all of the cases for his FO so far has been sucesfull. We greeted after that and I left - entire interview lasted maybe 15 minutes (not even that much).
Overall, I was really impressed by efficiency of the entire department and one can really tell that they are doing their best to process all DV cases in a timely manner.
This journey is not over yet, still have to get the biometrics done, but I really feel like a huge stone has been lifter over me.

To sum everything up, I would like to express my extreme gratitude to this forum and resources that it has provided to us, and especially to thank @Sm1smom who is doing tremendous work all this time and who has made this process to be as straightforward as possible for all of us. I've said this numerous times already, but once again - thank you so much!
I will update periodically when I get biometrics done and receive my GC.
To all of the other fellow DV 2020 AOS-ers who are yet to have their interview: I wish you all the best of luck with it!

Awesome update. All the best with the rest of this journey.

Yesterday I called the tier 2 rep to ask why I received a Code 2 biometrics. She was puzzled how I knew about the codes because she said it was supposed to be internal. I mentioned I found out about it online.

Anyway, she said she doesn’t know why I was given a Code 2. It may be that they were just trying to speed things up and if they need more fingerprints from me they will do so later on. She mentioned maybe they want to limit exposure due to the pandemic (which doesn’t make much sense since I need to give my 10 fingerprints at some point). She mentioned maybe they thought I had an underlying I795 (which I didn’t). She went on to say that she doesn’t think it was a mistake.

I told her my concern with this being a DV case with the September 30 deadline that if this was in fact a mistake it might delay my case. She then told me she sent a message to my FO about the Code assigned to me and I should be hearing back via email.

I haven’t heard back yet. My online case status shows that “Your fingerprints/Biometrics was assigned to an officer for response”. So I guess we’ll see what’ll happen.

If I don’t hear back by my bio date, the next option is to beg* the officer there to take my 10 fingerprints. :p

*ask politely

Yesterday I called the tier 2 rep to ask why I received a Code 2 biometrics. She was puzzled how I knew about the codes because she said it was supposed to be internal. I mentioned I found out about it online.

Anyway, she said she doesn’t know why I was given a Code 2. It may be that they were just trying to speed things up and if they need more fingerprints from me they will do so later on. She mentioned maybe they want to limit exposure due to the pandemic (which doesn’t make much sense since I need to give my 10 fingerprints at some point). She mentioned maybe they thought I had an underlying I795 (which I didn’t). She went on to say that she doesn’t think it was a mistake.

I told her my concern with this being a DV case with the September 30 deadline that if this was in fact a mistake it might delay my case. She then told me she sent a message to my FO about the Code assigned to me and I should be hearing back via email.

I haven’t heard back yet. My online case status shows that “Your fingerprints/Biometrics was assigned to an officer for response”. So I guess we’ll see what’ll happen.

If I don’t hear back by my bio date, the next option is to beg* the officer there to take my 10 fingerprints. :p

*ask politely

Please keep us updated if they respond.

The experience that we had in the ASC was that even if the officer wants to take all your fingerprint, they won't be able to.
When they enter your credentials in the system, the system only captures the corresponding finger(s).

*ask politely
Some tier 2 reps are more helpful than others. I have a similar issue with my bio letter and talked with tier 2 rep two days ago and she actually did not listen to my explanations and told me that just go to the appointment and told the officer in ASC and he/she may modify that if it is neccessary. But, I heard in this forum from others' experience that ASC cannot change the instruction which is sent to them through NBC.
However, today, I called again and talked with another tier 2 and he accepted to reach out NBC and double-check if code-2 bio is correct for me. He told me I may hear from them through email within 5 days. I will keep you updated if I have any more updates.