• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I was also scheduled for a code 2 biometrics, and when I walked in they only took the fingerprint of 1 finger. Should I worry??
I had a similar experience. Yesterday (7/27) I had the bio appointment. The officer took my picture and one fingerprint just to verify it was me. He said they already had fingerprints. Now, at my interview (7/11), the officer took my two indexes, so just two fingers. I assumed this was enough. I wouldn't know where they have my fingerprints from (I suppose from every time I entered the US?) and I forgot to ask.

My case status still shows "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". I'm looking forward to a new update. I just hope the background check moves quickly.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a question about my birth certificate. I already send out my package on 7/9, they didn’t cash the check yet. I just got an information about birth certificate in an immigration group of my country and found out that I might need to provide one more document to prove my birth. Since I still didn’t get the NOA, can I just send another document to Chicago Lock box? or I need to wait the RFE. Because of the time is running short, I’m kinda worry about that if I still have time to deal with if I got the RFE.

Yes the same mistake may be made from the NBC several times on several applications if the person scheduling those specific bio appointments is a newbie who is unintentionally making those mistakes because they don’t seem to understand the difference between those codes.

By the way did you apply for an I-131 and/or I-765? If yes, then it is possible the person who scheduled didn’t seem to realize they should have selected code 3 which covers all these forms, as against code 2 which is typically used for an AP or EAD.
Hi @Sm1smom and all,
I was able to talk with Tier 2 about my code 2 biometric. She told me the first biometric that I have attended was for I-131 and there is another biometric which is scheduled for me for August 10th for I-485. I asked her about code 2 and code 3 biometrics but she did not provide any explanation, she just told me that another biometric is scheduled for I-485. I asked to email me the new letter, and she did. I just received the email and surprisingly noticed that again the type is code 2 which will be 1 finger again. Do you have any advice on what should I do?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, @ElenaStNew, How was your interview today? Can you share your experience?
it was good. The strangest thing is that we didn't even take off our masks. Nobody ever saw our faces.
The interview was separately with me and my husband. The officer knew we weren't doing bio. He said at the beginning that later they would make an appointment (or help with this). We quickly ran through the I-485 form, talked about children, how I met my husband. He asked about the tax return transcrips (it was not in his documents, since we could not create an IRS account in time). He didn't read it, just put in his folder. I asked to show the original I-129 (we have an L visa). We checked my daughter's documents. Then I signed both forms (485 and 944). Then I left and he invited my husband. I talked to him for about 30 minutes, my husband for about 15 minutes.
When we arrived home and checked the mailbox, we found 3 letters with bio appointment (for August, 7)

it was good. The strangest thing is that we didn't even take off our masks. Nobody ever saw our faces.
The interview was separately with me and my husband. The officer knew we weren't doing bio. He said at the beginning that later they would make an appointment (or help with this). We quickly ran through the I-485 form, talked about children, how I met my husband. He asked about the tax return transcrips (it was not in his documents, since we could not create an IRS account in time). He didn't read it, just put in his folder. I asked to show the original I-129 (we have an L visa). We checked my daughter's documents. Then I signed both forms (485 and 944). Then I left and he invited my husband. I talked to him for about 30 minutes, my husband for about 15 minutes.
When we arrived home and checked the mailbox, we found 3 letters with bio appointment (for August, 7)
Congrats!!

Great news. Glad to see things are progressing in the Houston FO. I still haven't my received IL or biometrics letter yet but hopefully this means they will get to me soon since I submitted my application a few days after you.

Hi all,
Could you please those who have or already have done biometric help to understand an issue regarding code 2 or code 3 bio appointments?
Recently, some of us including me received code 2 biometrics for I-485 which is just taking 1 finger biometric. While the biometric for I-485 should be 10 fingers which is shown by a code-3 on the top right corner of the appointment letter for Biometrics.
How many of you guys received code-2 biometrics or 1 finger and if then was able to do an interview or even get approved?
In my case, I received 1 finger biometrics and I have never done any background check in the USCIS.
I would be grateful if you guys can reply.

Hi all,
Could you please those who have or already have done biometric help to understand an issue regarding code 2 or code 3 bio appointments?
Recently, some of us including me received code 2 biometrics for I-485 which is just taking 1 finger biometric. While the biometric for I-485 should be 10 fingers which is shown by a code-3 on the top right corner of the appointment letter for Biometrics.
How many of you guys received code-2 biometrics or 1 finger and if then was able to do an interview or even get approved?
In my case, I received 1 finger biometrics and I have never done any background check in the USCIS.

I received the bio letter with Code 3, my husband got the same code (Code 3). As to our kids - Code 2 is stated in the letters for both of them. One thing - it says index finger not a thumb.

Hi all,
Does it say I-485 in section Case Type on both of your bio letters?

Hi all,
Hi, ours was code 3, all 10 fingerprints taken.

Hello everyone, I have a question about my birth certificate. I already send out my package on 7/9, they didn’t cash the check yet. I just got an information about birth certificate in an immigration group of my country and found out that I might need to provide one more document to prove my birth. Since I still didn’t get the NOA, can I just send another document to Chicago Lock box? or I need to wait the RFE. Because of the time is running short, I’m kinda worry about that if I still have time to deal with if I got the RFE.

Don’t send a new package, the one you already sent, assuming the forms are correctly filled out and is accompanied by the right payment will eventually be accepted. Just get the missing record ready for when you go for your interview. It is very rare for USCIS to send an RFE for a DV based AOS application. Considering how close it is to the end of the FY, if your IO was contemplating approving your case without an interview and a pertinent document is missing, they will subsequently schedule you for an interview instead of sending out a RFE.

My case is under diversity lottery 2020

I see.

Hello all
I got an update today on my case tracker app ( request for initial evidence was sent )
I submitted all required documentations, I am married to a US citizen, I didn’t include her on my I 944
I am already employed work for over a year in opt
I am worried about what documents are needed ?

No point getting worked up with worries. Just wait for the RFI to show up -a RFE/I for DV based application is quite rare though Why was your wife not listed on your I-944?

Hi Mom,
I have an asylum pending and at the same pursuing the dv lottery AOS. so far they accepted my fingerprints from my asylum application. Do u think i have to cancel my asylum application as i am waiting for DV lottery or just keep both status and wait if they call me for the interview based on DV Lottery? thanks

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
I have an asylum pending and at the same pursuing the dv lottery AOS. so far they accepted my fingerprints from my asylum application. Do u think i have to cancel my asylum application as i am waiting for DV lottery or just keep both status and wait if they call me for the interview based on DV Lottery? thanks

You will be making a big mistake (IMO) if you cancel your pending asylum application, you have nothing to gain by canceling it. Look at the post by @DV2020SA on the page before this one to read of the posts regardingthe NOID he/she got today - OP is in asylum pending, so the denial is most likely because of not having a status to adjust from. The good news is since their asylum case is still pending, they get to remain in the US. If you cancel your pending asylum petition and DV based AOS application gets denied, that will be the end of your immigration process, you’ll have no basis for legally remaining in the US.

You will be making a big mistake (IMO) if you cancel your pending asylum application, you have nothing to gain by canceling it. Look at the post by @DV2020SA on the page before this one to read of the posts regardingthe NOID he/she got today - OP is in asylum pending, so the denial is most likely because of not having a status to adjust from. The good news is since their asylum case is still pending, they get to remain in the US. If you cancel your pending asylum petition and DV based AOS application gets denied, that will be the end of your immigration process, you’ll have no basis for legally remaining in the US.
Thank you for your response. I have clarified my situation with USCIS before i started my application on DV l base. They said I am eligible for AOS. I have never been on any illegal status in the US. Hopefully, there won't be any problem. I am still not sure why his case was denied, hopefully it is not related to his asylum status.

Thank you for your response. I have clarified my situation with USCIS before i started my application on DV l base. They said I am eligible for AOS. I have never been on any illegal status in the US. Hopefully, there won't be any problem. I am still not sure why his case was denied, hopefully it is not related to his asylum status.
What is your current status?
There is a big difference between not being in a period of unlawful stay, and being in status. The advice USCIS gives is sometimes incorrect especially for more complicated cases.