• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello Mom and all,
I just had my interview today (July 28th) and biometric (scheduled for next week) at FL field office. Officer was super nice! He went through i485 form and then we signed. At the end of interview, he helped us to have our biometrics taken. It was a great experience! Thank you very much everyone for answering questions. And “special” thank to sm1smom for all your help and time. You are amazing!!

Thanks for this update. Fingers crossed you’ll get the CPO notification soon.

Quick question regarding the bio taken at the interview, was it just your picture and thumbprint or picture and ten prints (all fingers)?

Unfortunately my case was updated to :

On July 28, 2020, we denied your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. We sent you a denial notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by August 12, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

Aww! Men, this sucks! Sorry to learn of the denial. I can hazard a guess (and you probably can too, I think?). Anyway wait for the actual denial notice and please do keep us updated.

Aww! Men, this sucks! Sorry to learn of the denial. I can hazard a guess (and you probably can too, I think?). Anyway wait for the actual denial notice and please do keep us updated.
My guess is about my pending asylum status, but i have seen others applicants with the same history than mine and they pass ok, do i have any chance of appeal or something? I have to wait until got the notification to see if there is options but i'm so frustrated rn.

Thanks for this update. Fingers crossed you’ll get the CPO notification soon.

Quick question regarding the bio taken at the interview, was it just your picture and thumbprint or picture and ten prints (all fingers)?
Thank you very much mom! It was picture and all 10 fingers.

My guess is about my pending asylum status, but i have seen others applicants with the same history than mine and they pass ok, do i have any chance of appeal or something? I have to wait until got the notification to see if there is options but i'm so frustrated rn.

Yes that is my guess also. Several years back, asylum pending didn’t used to get closely scrutinized and were subsequently approved. From the past two to three years or so, that is no longer the case. Majority of such (if not all) are getting denied. Because technically speaking, asylum pending is not a status on its own, it just simply means one is allowed to remain in the country without accruing an unlawful presence while their asylum petition is pending. Majority of those with asylum pending who are still getting approved are those still maintaining their non-immigrant status.

Unfortunately there’s no basis for an appeal in such a case.

My AOS application is still pending in Boston FO. The application was received back in Feb and previous fingerprinting was applied to my application in April. I had contacted USCIS tier 1 officer to expedite my request last wednesday. Yesterday, I received an email saying the following:

"On July 22, 2020, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485, to notify us to expedite your application. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.
Our records show that your Form I-485 Application is pending review by an Immigration Service Officer. Once it is reviewed, you will be notified by mail at the address we have on file. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay."

What should be my next step. Talk to a tier2 officer and find out more, and/or send a request to congressman?

My AOS application is still pending in Boston FO. The application was received back in Feb and previous fingerprinting was applied to my application in April. I had contacted USCIS tier 1 officer to expedite my request last wednesday. Yesterday, I received an email saying the following:

"On July 22, 2020, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485, to notify us to expedite your application. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.
Our records show that your Form I-485 Application is pending review by an Immigration Service Officer. Once it is reviewed, you will be notified by mail at the address we have on file. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay."

What should be my next step. Talk to a tier2 officer and find out more, and/or send a request to congressman?

The tier 1 rep already did what the tier 2 personnel would have done, so no point in talking to a tier 2 rep at this point. Is anyone else from your FO reporting on interview scheduling?

Yes that is my guess also. Several years back, asylum pending didn’t used to get closely scrutinized and were subsequently approved. From the past two to three years or so, that is no longer the case. Majority of such (if not all) are getting denied. Because technically speaking, asylum pending is not a status on its own, it just simply means one is allowed to remain in the country without accruing an unlawful presence while their asylum petition is pending. Majority of those with asylum pending who are still getting approved are those still maintaining their non-immigrant status.

Unfortunately there’s no basis for an appeal in such a case.

so basically that would mean that DV2020SA and I are in the same boat?

I am hoping the lawsuit against immigration ban is successful and we can apply For CP still.

Hello all
I got an update today on my case tracker app ( request for initial evidence was sent )
I submitted all required documentations, I am married to a US citizen, I didn’t include her on my I 944
I am already employed work for over a year in opt
I am worried about what documents are needed ?

so basically that would mean that DV2020SA and I are in the same boat?

I am hoping the lawsuit against immigration ban is successful and we can apply For CP still.

I am neither confirming nor refuting your case is same as that of @DV2020AS - I am not in a position to do either.

Anyone whose DV based AOS application gets denied, assuming the lawsuit succeeds (highly unlikely IMO which could be wrong), will no longer be eligible to re-file under CP.

@Sm1smom

Hi,

We received a call on Friday for changing our biometric center to another state and they gave us an email for what time to show up.
We came today and they just took one of our fingerprints.
Our previous bio NOA had a code 3 on it and the new one that they gave us in the ASC today has code 2 on it.

I tried to explain that we need to have all fingerprints taken but they said whatever is in the system needs to be done.

What should we do now? Still in front of the ASC.

Hello all
I got an update today on my case tracker app ( request for initial evidence was sent )
I submitted all required documentations, I am married to a US citizen, I didn’t include her on my I 944
I am already employed work for over a year in opt
I am worried about what documents are needed ?

What is the basis of your AOS filing? Marriage based? Your post is confusing, and your post history hasn’t shown your AOS is DV based.

@Sm1smom

Hi,

We received a call on Friday for changing our biometric center to another state and they gave us an email for what time to show up.
We came today and they just took one of our fingerprints.
Our previous bio NOA had a code 3 on it and the new one that they gave us in the ASC today has code 2 on it.

I tried to explain that we need to have all fingerprints taken but they said whatever is in the system needs to be done.

What should we do now? Still in front of the ASC.

I don’t think there’s anything else you can do at the moment. The code 2 has been reported in the forum by a couple of others. At this point, I think you’ll just have to wait and see. I currently have no clue as to why the NBC is scheduling folks with code 2. Still looking into this.

Hey everyone. Just another quick update. Today I received the official interview letter scheduled for 8/25/2020 at the Los Angeles FO. Below is a quick summary of my timeline ever since I submitted my packet. Will keep updated. Hopefully, everyone will see the end of this crazy journey soon (with positive results of course)!

Applicant: DV2020
Current: June
Field Office: Los Angeles

06/15/2020 - AOS Packet Submitted
06/23/2020 - Payment Cashed
06/30/2020 - NOA Received
07/24/2020 - Infopass Appointments Notice (for biometrics)
07/27/2020 - Biometrics Appointment
07/28/2020 - IL Received
08/25/2020 - Interview Appointment

I don’t think there’s anything else you can do at the moment. The code 2 has been reported in the forum by a couple of others. At this point, I think you’ll just have to wait and see. I currently have no clue as to why the NBC is scheduling folks with code 2. Still looking into this.

We went back and showed our previous appointment letter that had code 3 on it.
The officer was convinced to do the 10 finger print with that notice but when entered into the system again code 2 showed up.