• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi guys,
Today, the status of my case was changed from "New card is being produced" to "Case was approved".
It doesn't seem like something critical because it's still showing that it's approved, but I'm a little bit concerned that it doesn't show anything about card now. I read that usually it should be "New card is being produced" -> "Card was mailed".
Do I have any reason to be worried or it's a normal processing situation?

Hi guys,
Today, the status of my case was changed from "New card is being produced" to "Case was approved".
It doesn't seem like something critical because it's still showing that it's approved, but I'm a little bit concerned that it doesn't show anything about card now. I read that usually it should be "New card is being produced" -> "Card was mailed".
I exactly have the same situation. It was updated few minutes ago from "New card is being produced" to "Case was approved".

Hi guys,

Hi dvelopp,

That's the standard procedure with USCIS. All cases need to be either approved or denied. The "card was mailed" step is the final status you will have after this very long journey. You're all good!

1. New Address, within the same State (and the new address still falls under the same FO with jurisdiction over the old address) - no impact on case processing, except of course if you do not receive and respond to communications from USCIS as required because those communications got sent to the old address and you did not receive them.
2. New Address, different State - expect a processing delay (regardless of if the change of address is submitted before or after bio) which may not be resolved by the end of the FY. Your case file would have been sent to the FO with jurisdiction over the old address, they will then need to forward this to the FO with jurisdiction over the new address in the new State.
3. New Address, within the same State (and the new address falls under the jurisdiction of a different FO - {some States have several FOs}) - expect a processing delay - same as 2 above.
Thank you so much mom. Another question please. Is the Postal box address accepted as a mailing address?

Last edited:
Your spouse is your derivative, if your case gets expedited so would theirs based on your expedite. It is not unusual for first tier reps to say what they think a caller wants to hear in order to get them off the phone. You can call again and request to speak with a tier 2 rep to confirm if they see a bio appointment or not.
I usually try to avoid to post just a "Thank You" message so the thread is not polluted but this time I have to... Thank you Mom for all the good you are doing to us (emotionally, psychologically and for immigration success!)

Hi guys,

From the AOS process spreadsheet:

“Once your petition is adjudicated (either approved or denied), you may notice series of rapid changes on your status online, this is normal, there's no need to panic”

I had my interview today at Jacksonville FO. IO was very nice person. They were able to take my fingerprints too even though I did not had an bio letter but my appointment was on the system scheduled for August 3rd.
Interview was straightforward he asked about my name, dob, last time I entered US. Asked about my school and my plans after school. He also asked about my I-944 ( I don’t have a SSN or an income here in US ) and financial support from my family was counted as income. He also asked very few question about my form I-134. Overall was a great experience and he told me to wait up to a week for my background check. I will keep you guys posted for everything. Thanks to everyone in the forum for their help.

I usually try to avoid to post just a "Thank You" message so the thread is not polluted but this time I have to... Thank you Mom for all the good you are doing to us (emotionally, psychologically and for immigration success!)

You’re welcome. Posts like these provides the encouragement for us to keep doing what we do here, so thank you too.

I believe we already discussed the Mass ID bio check is not a USCIS ordered background check and will not qualify in that case. Hopefully you get some better insight from a tier 2 rep.

I just spoke with a tier 2 representative who was not able to tell me if I was intentionally scheduled for code 2 biometrics and she suggested that I wait and see what happens; she mentioned that if code 3 biometrics are needed I will receive a letter, but there was no way for her to know what type of biometrics I would need ...

Should I assume that appearing at the ACS tomorrow to offer my rest 9 fingerprints would not be welcomed?

I just spoke with a tier 2 representative who was not able to tell me if I was intentionally scheduled for code 2 biometrics and she suggested that I wait and see what happens; she mentioned that if code 3 biometrics are needed I will receive a letter, but there was no way for her to know what type of biometrics I would need ...

Should I assume that appearing at the ACS tomorrow to offer my rest 9 fingerprints would not be welcomed?

The ASC is not allowing walk-ins. Plus you don’t have an official request for a 10 prints in the system, it is fair to assume you will not be allowed to do so.

I had my interview today at Jacksonville FO. IO was very nice person. They were able to take my fingerprints too even though I did not had an bio letter but my appointment was on the system scheduled for August 3rd.
Interview was straightforward he asked about my name, dob, last time I entered US. Asked about my school and my plans after school. He also asked about my I-944 ( I don’t have a SSN or an income here in US ) and financial support from my family was counted as income. He also asked very few question about my form I-134. Overall was a great experience and he told me to wait up to a week for my background check. I will keep you guys posted for everything. Thanks to everyone in the forum for their help.
Congratulations!
Out if curiosity: did you bring up the fact that you don't have bio done yet, or have they did that?

Congrats!
Hope you get your case approved soon!
How did you mention your financial support from your family as an income? You mentioned it in section "assets" in form I-944?
Do you think if you hadn't have form I-134 IO would question your eligibility to support yourself financially?

It is acceptable if it was listed on your I-485. Did you do that?
Let me tell you the whole story. Actually I did address the address change issue before filing and I decided to use a PO as a mailing address. I left the mailing addres space blank (page 2) and I provided a PO Box address at the last page. My application was rejected and sent back to me because "the mailing address is not provided". I didn't understand if this because I left the mailing address space blank or USCIS does not accept PO as a mailing address. Then I completed the application and sent it again and all went well. Please tell me your thoughts regarding the rejection reason based on your wide experience.

I put my financial support from family abroad on I-944 form Part 3, Q6 and I put bank transfer notices to support it.
Not at all. I mention that I had submitted an I-134 form and he asked me about it.

Hello Mom and all,
I just had my interview today (July 28th) and biometric (scheduled for next week) at FL field office. Officer was super nice! He went through i485 form and then we signed. At the end of interview, he helped us to have our biometrics taken. It was a great experience! Thank you very much everyone for answering questions. And “special” thank to sm1smom for all your help and time. You are amazing!!

The ASC is not allowing walk-ins. Plus you don’t have an official request for a 10 prints in the system, it is fair to assume you will not be allowed to do so.

I was also scheduled for a code 2 biometrics, and when I walked in they only took the fingerprint of 1 finger. Should I worry??

Unfortunately my case was updated to :

On July 28, 2020, we denied your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. We sent you a denial notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by August 12, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

Let me tell you the whole story. Actually I did address the address change issue before filing and I decided to use a PO as a mailing address. I left the mailing addres space blank (page 2) and I provided a PO Box address at the last page. My application was rejected and sent back to me because "the mailing address is not provided". I didn't understand if this because I left the mailing address space blank or USCIS does not accept PO as a mailing address. Then I completed the application and sent it again and all went well. Please tell me your thoughts regarding the rejection reason based on your wide experience.

The first submission was justifiably rejected. Mailing address on page 2 cannot be blank. You could have listed your P.O. Box address there since that wasn’t asking for your physical address (page 5, under the address history section asks for the physical address). So if you listed your P.O.Box on page 2 of what you re-sent and you subsequently move into a new address that is still within the jurisdiction of the previous address, you should be ok in that case.

The first submission was justifiably rejected. Mailing address on page 2 cannot be blank. You could have listed your P.O. Box address there since that wasn’t asking for your physical address (page 5, under the address history section asks for the physical address). So if you listed your P.O.Box on page 2 of what you re-sent and you subsequently move into a new address that is still within the jurisdiction of the previous address, you should be ok in that case.
Thank you so much mom