• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Trintous

Congratulations DV2021 selectees!

The DV 2020 thread has great info but with the changes to this year's application process and the COVID pandemic I think DV 2021 needs its own thread.

This Thread has been created specifically for you all to use in sharing the good news about your selection and to potentially ask questions about what your selection means, next steps, processing, etc.

Just so you know from the get go, this is going to be a bit of a long, (possibly bump for a few) ride. Don’t rush into submitting your DS260 form until you understand or have an idea of what you’re getting into.

Sit back, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. Best of luck!

My wife and I entered for the first time this year and I’ve been selected for further processing! Case number 2021AS00029XXX.

Anyone have any idea what our chances are with a case number in this range?

Congratulations!!!

1 person from my country even got 2021AS00038xxx. Extremely high range # for 2021.
Hi !
I've been selected with the case number 2021AF00054XXX
I dont know much about what that "high" number means if anyone could help with that, thank you !

No one will know what is truly “high” until we see the selectee numbers. For those of you selected, does your selection letter say how many people were selected this year?

No one will know what is truly “high” until we see the selectee numbers. For those of you selected, does your selection letter say how many people were selected this year?

It doesn't say. Just "the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available".

Hi all,

I was selected for further processing for DV 2021, case number is AF00046xxx, is it considered as high?

Plus, I'm from a country which it's citizens were banned from travel to US with immigration visas (executive order came after I applied to the DV 2021 program) should this be a deal breaker? Or should I still keep my hopes up?

TIA

It does not say how many people were selected but normally the US government issue 55000 visas for each dv program every year, I'm not sure but I think those whose case numbers after below 55000 will be called for an interview.

It does not say how many people were selected but normally the US government issue 55000 visas for each dv program every year, I'm not sure but I think those whose case numbers after below 55000 will be called for an interview.
Case number N doesn't say anything about the number of people that have lower case numbers.

ok, you guys all need to go to britsimonsays website to read up on this and how it works.
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2021-basic-questions/

It doesn't say. Just "the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available".
yes, they always do that, because there are always people who don't pursue it, discover they are ineligible, get denied etc.

No, that’s not how it works. Case numbers vary by region.

—-
i‘m not explaining it because britsimon has already done all that work, on his site, link above. No reinventing the wheel.

On the numbers - in the past they have selected anywhere from 70k to 120k selectees. The absolute number of selectees is what is important in trying to figure out if the ”high” numbers are really high or not. 70k selectees, it is almost certain that everyone who wants a visa will get one. 120k, it’s almost certain they will have to cut off applicants by year end because there won’t be enough to go around. So if the number of selectees is not in the letter this year, we will have to wait a couple of months before they publish it to find out.

Last edited:
@SusieQQQ was actually answering your question "For those of you selected, does your selection letter say how many people were selected this year? "

For all the selectees, it looks like you can't access the DS-260 form right now. I am getting this error: "Your request cannot be processed at this time. "

2021SA00003XXX here! I'm so happy, this is my first time applying and I actually have the opportunity to get the DV :D

For all the selectees, it looks like you can't access the DS-260 form right now. I am getting this error: "Your request cannot be processed at this time. "

Yeah, seems like it. I panicked for a second when I tried to send the DS-260 form and got that error, but it calms me a bit knowing that I'm not the only one with this issue.