• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Selectee from Tanzania

Hey Guys
Hope mko poa
Asee mimi was supossed kuwa interviewed on Early May 2020 but Covid suspended my interview.
My case is 2020AF3X......
Alaf cha ajabu sijui kama ntaitwa tena kwa interview na istoshe Tanzania is among the six countries banned for US immigrant visa

Kama kuna mtu mwenye jibu jaman manake nipo hoi

Hey Guys
Hope mko poa
Asee mimi was supossed kuwa interviewed on Early May 2020 but Covid suspended my interview.
Alaf cha ajabu sijui kama ntaitwa tena kwa interview na istoshe Tanzania is among the six countries banned for US immigrant visa

Please post in English only

Hey Guys
Hope mko poa

If you're a Tanzanian by birth, the immigration ban supersedes everything else. You would not have gotten an interview even if nothing else had happened.

If you're a Tanzanian by birth, the immigration ban supersedes everything else. You would not have gotten an interview even if nothing else had happened.
That’s Really bad news for us Tanzanians!! Is there any update from our government side us being removed from this ban list?

Can you explain further what you mean by this year? while was informed that the banning effect could apply to my case even i applied DV 2020 since November 2018

Maybe this ban would be removed this year just hopeful , either by election or our government do something about it like sharing information and identity management?

Last year 2019 when I applied again there was no ban.The ban came on February 2020 so even if i were to win dv2021 it will still affect me too ..just sad anyone on the travel ban could apply and win even When there’s a ban On us but you have to qualify for waiver in the embassy during your interview to get the visa or else no visa because of this ban.

Does Proclamation 9645 or Proclamation 9983 affect who can enter the Diversity Visa Lottery? If, for example, a Tanzanian enters the lottery, would he or she not be selected because of Proclamation 9645 and Proclamation 9983?

Neither Proclamation 9645 nor Proclamation 9983 affect the Diversity Visa Lottery process. Any alien who is a native of one of the countries eligible for the Diversity Visa Lottery for that fiscal year can enter the lottery. Additionally, any alien who has entered the lottery can be selected – the Department of State conducts a random selection of DV applicants, based on allocations of available visas in each region and country, from all registered users. This is not affected by P.P. 9645 or P.P. 9983. Once an applicant applies and is found otherwise eligible for a Diversity Visa, the consular officer will determine if the applicant is subject to P.P. 9645 and eligible for an exception. If the applicant is not eligible for an exception, the consular officer will immediately assess the applicant’s eligibility for a waiver.

An applicant who is subject to either P.P. 9645 or P.P. 9983 and otherwise eligible for a visa, but who does not qualify for an exception, will be refused but is automatically considered for a waiver by the consular officer during the visa interview. Each applicant’s eligibility for a waiver is evaluated on a case-by-case basis; waivers may not be granted categorically. A waiver may be available if:

1. the foreign national has previously been admitted to the United States for a continuous period of work, study, or other long-term activity, is outside the United States on the applicable effective date under Section 7 of P.P. 9645 or Section 4 of P.P. 9983, seeks to reenter the United States to resume that activity, and the denial of reentry would impair that activity;
  2. the foreign national has previously established significant contacts with the United States but is outside the United States on the applicable effective date under Section 7 of P.P. 9645 or Section 4 of P.P. 9983 for work, study, or other lawful activity;
  3. the foreign national seeks to enter the United States for significant business or professional obligations and the denial of entry would impair those obligations;
  4. the foreign national seeks to enter the United States to visit or reside with a close family member (e.g., a spouse, child, or parent) who is a United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or alien lawfully admitted on a valid nonimmigrant visa, and the denial of entry would cause the foreign national undue hardship;
  5. the foreign national is an infant, a young child or adoptee, an individual needing urgent medical care, or someone whose entry is otherwise justified by the special circumstances of the case;
  6. the foreign national has been employed by, or on behalf of, the United States Government (or is an eligible dependent of such an employee), and the foreign national can document that he or she has provided faithful and valuable service to the United States Government;
  7. the foreign national is traveling for purposes related to an international organization designated under the International Organizations Immunities Act (IOIA), 22 U.S.C. 288 et seq., traveling for purposes of conducting meetings or business with the United States Government, or traveling to conduct business on behalf of an international organization not designated under the IOIA;
  8. the foreign national is a Canadian permanent resident who applies for a visa at a location within Canada;
  9. the foreign national is traveling as a United States Government-sponsored exchange visitor; or
  10. the foreign national is traveling to the United States, at the request of a United States Government department or agency, for legitimate law enforcement, foreign policy, or national security purposes.

Yeah thanks for giving me that hope i ever needed. Unfortunately US embassy to my country just discouraged me that i wont be able to get visa because of the ban effect on me.
I hope things turn around in my favor lol