• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Can I send my package now and take the receipt on interview?

I don't think so. Receipt is one of the supportive documents required to be included in AOS package.
I mailed my DV administrative fee on Feb 4 and got the receipt back in self-addressed envelope on Feb 14. Exactly 10 days. But I am not sure what the timeline would be in this Coronavirus mess.

Mom, do you think it's necessary to highlight certain things in the documents to aid USCIS in connecting the dots between the numbers written in the form and the actual evidence? For example, we need to provide evidence of health insurance annual deductible. I'm providing the insurance plan brochure as evidence, but it might be difficult for them to locate that information within the brochure, which is why I'm thinking of highlighting it. What do you think?

Can’t hurt to do so.

Hello everybody....
Please share your experience if anyone is still getting anything from USCIS?...I follow the excel sheet with statistics, and I see that nobody is getting anything from USCIS...no NOA letters, no receipts, no interviews schedule...
Do you think they are actually in the office?

Hello everybody....
Please share your experience if anyone is still getting anything from USCIS?...I follow the excel sheet with statistics, and I see that nobody is getting anything from USCIS...no NOA letters, no receipts, no interviews schedule...
Do you think they are actually in the office?

It wouldn’t make any sense for them to be sending out ILs or bio notifications considering they’re not open for in-person processes and they have no idea for now as to when they will be.

Good morning @Sm1smom
Pretending I did not spoke to anyone after receiving the response from my field office last week, where i was informed by the Fo that the National Benefits Center did not send my file yet, i called USCIS again just to check again when my file was really sent to the FO. I spoke to a 2 level representative. She informed me that the response sent by FO was wrong because my FO received my file in December. So, she told me that she would write to the FO in order to point out the mistake , giving me a different and in this case "true" response about the status of my petition. So, a "Filing Question" was created this morning. Ten mins ago, I checked and I saw that an answer was already sent to my address. I called again to USCIS to ask what my Fo wrote. The FO wrote that they made a mistake and an interview was scheduled for April 2, and due to the virus, will be rescheduled when the office will reopen. Of course, i never received an interview and the USCIS's operator told me that the interview was created and canceled at the same time. Honestly, it seems they play around. But at least, I know something more

Last edited:
Good morning @Sm1smom
Pretending I did not spoke to anyone after receiving the response from my field office last week, where i was informed by the Fo that the National Benefits Center did not send yet, i called USCIS again just to check again when my file was really sent to the FO. I spoke to a 2 level representative. She informed me that the response sent by FO was wrong because my FO received my file in December. So, she told me that she would write to the FO in order to point out the mistake , giving me a different and in this case "true" response about the status of my petition. So, a "Filing Question" was created this morning. Ten mins ago, I checked and I saw that an answer was already sent to my address. I called again to USCIS to ask what my Fo wrote. The FO wrote that they made a mistake and an interview was scheduled for April 2, and due to the virus, will be rescheduled when the office will reopen. Of course, i never received an interview and the USCIS's operator told me that the interview was created and canceled at the same time. Honestly, it seems they play around. But at least, I know something more

oh my god, i am happy to hear u finally have something good, and i hope once uscis starts taking interviews, u be scheduled at first .. good luck girl.

Good morning @Sm1smom
Pretending I did not spoke to anyone after receiving the response from my field office last week, where i was informed by the Fo that the National Benefits Center did not send my file yet, i called USCIS again just to check again when my file was really sent to the FO. I spoke to a 2 level representative. She informed me that the response sent by FO was wrong because my FO received my file in December. So, she told me that she would write to the FO in order to point out the mistake , giving me a different and in this case "true" response about the status of my petition. So, a "Filing Question" was created this morning. Ten mins ago, I checked and I saw that an answer was already sent to my address. I called again to USCIS to ask what my Fo wrote. The FO wrote that they made a mistake and an interview was scheduled for April 2, and due to the virus, will be rescheduled when the office will reopen. Of course, i never received an interview and the USCIS's operator told me that the interview was created and canceled at the same time. Honestly, it seems they play around. But at least, I know something more

Thanks for the updates.

Hello,

While sending the DV adminstrative fee $ 330, can we send regular money order from local grocery store or the money order has to be specific from USPS ?

Hello,

While sending the DV adminstrative fee $ 330, can we send regular money order from local grocery store or the money order has to be specific from USPS ?

I sent the money gram money order I bought from Walmart and I received the receipt in one week. I have read that the USPS money order also works.

USCIS OFFICE CLOSURE EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 3

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices, and application support centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS offices will begin to reopen on May 4 unless the public closures are extended further. Employees in these offices are continuing to perform mission-essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public.
USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency services. Please call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

USCIS Covid-19 Updates

USCIS OFFICE CLOSURE EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 3

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices, and application support centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS offices will begin to reopen on May 4 unless the public closures are extended further. Employees in these offices are continuing to perform mission-essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public.
USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency services. Please call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

USCIS Covid-19 Updates
@Sm1smom do you think there will be any chance they do interview through Skype if the situation will still be bad in May?

Hi everyone,
I called the USCIS contact center and talked with a lever 2 officer and asked about the interviews that are canceled. Her response was that as of now they don’t know exactly what happens and there is no protocol sent to them except that no interview/biometric until May 3.
She suggest me to email USCIS at uscis-elis-feedback@uscis.dhs.gov and let them now that my case is Diversity Visa program and DV cases have a deadline of the end of fiscal year. She mentioned doing so, MAYBE if higher management wants to design new protocols include some solutions for DV cases as well.
I ask everyone here if they can email USCIS at this email address and express their concerns regarding the DV2020 cases and asking for a solution (even if you have your GC you still can email for the sake of others who don’t). The higher number of email they receive the better chance of a solution.

thank you everyone,

Hi everyone,
I called the USCIS contact center and talked with a lever 2 officer and asked about the interviews that are canceled. Her response was that as of now they don’t know exactly what happens and there is no protocol sent to them except that no interview/biometric until May 3.
She suggest me to email USCIS at uscis-elis-feedback@uscis.dhs.gov and let them now that my case is Diversity Visa program and DV cases have a deadline of the end of fiscal year. She mentioned doing so, MAYBE if higher management wants to design new protocols include some solutions for DV cases as well.
I ask everyone here if they can email USCIS at this email address and express their concerns regarding the DV2020 cases and asking for a solution (even if you have your GC you still can email for the sake of others who don’t). The higher number of email they receive the better chance of a solution.

thank you everyone,
May I suggest, you include a realistic solution. For example I am not convinced Skype interviews are a good option because i don't see how they can successfully verify your identity over Skype. But asking them to direct offices to give priority to assigning interviews to DV applicants once the in-contact ban is lifted might be a good idea?

Last edited:
May I suggest, you include a realistic solution. For example I am not convinced Skype interviews are a good option because i donkt see how they can successfully verify your identity over Skype. But asking them to direct offices to give priority to assigning interviews to DV applicants once the in-contact ban is listed might be a good idea?
Great, i will do that

Hi everyone,

thank you everyone,

The email address USCIS provided me is for Electronic Immigration System (ELIS) feedback. I think it’s a good idea to email them at public.engagement@uscis.dhs.gov as well.
If you email at uscis-elis-feedback@uscis.dhs.gov don’t include your personal information (they say they delete your email if you do so!) and just make your comment and suggestion.
If anyone knows a more appropriate USCIS email address please share.

The email address USCIS provided me is for Electronic Immigration System (ELIS) feedback. I think it’s a good idea to email them at public.engagement@uscis.dhs.gov as well.
If you email at uscis-elis-feedback@uscis.dhs.gov don’t include your personal information (they say they delete your email if you do so!) and just make your comment and suggestion.
If anyone knows a more appropriate USCIS email address please share.
yeah, i email them and is not worth. did you email already the other address you listed?

IDK if it is irrational to do so, but maybe twitter responses would help at least to get some attention on DV based AOS time limit.