Waiting Asylum decision

Congruts! This is good news.

+ Elsewhere, I wrote that people waiting 4+ years for decisions will become the norm, @Alien2018 ; @msv5450 and others rejected my analysis on https://forums.immigration.com/threads/waiting-asylum-decision.296692/page-157. This case for Hanad2015 is a data point to consider. Go back and read my analysis again, to understand where I was coming from. Anyway, we will see how the rest of the year puns out. Good if they process cases faster, which is what I hope for.

Last edited:
Congruts! This is good news.

+ Elsewhere, I wrote that people waiting 4+ years for decisions will become the norm, @Alien2018 ; @msv5450 and others rejected my analysis on https://forums.immigration.com/threads/waiting-asylum-decision.296692/page-157. This case for Hanad2015 is a data point to consider. Go back and read my analysis again, to understand where I was coming from. Anyway, we will see how the rest of the year puns out. Good if they process cases faster, which is what I hope for.
I revisited your post but I didn't find where you made such a comment.

Overall, it appears that USCIS has had an unannounced change of policy since September 2019. They are scheduling far less interviews for the new applicants and they have focused on rendering final decisions for those who have been waiting for 4-5 years. Perhaps, they receive less applications these days or they have been bombarded with too many inquiries from frustrated older applicants. You might be right. The USCIS may want to make everyone waiting for 4+ years normal again, but it would be antithetical to their desire to prevent people with frivolous claims from getting EADs.

I applied on Dec 27, 2019. I have not even got a receipt of acknowledgement yet (Chicago office) My attorney told me that many immigration lawyers haven't heard about the cases they filed in December 2019 yet. It is abnormal.

This case for Hanad2015 is a data point to consider. Go back and read my analysis again, to understand where I was coming from.
You mixed different things together (who waiting interview and who waiting decisions).

You looked at people who completed the application and the number of completed cases per each months. This may be true for reviewing the entire process, but we are talking about the speed of reviewing cases after the interview. And official data shows an increase in decision-making process after interviews in recent months.

And the case that you brought just confirms this. The decision was pending since 2015 and decision finally made just now when the new policy began to be used, which can also indicate an increase in speed and considering old cases which already had interview.
Although I am generally opposed to using one separate case as an indicator of the overall system.

i have my ead and ssn but i didnt receive the decision yet
There are some DMVs that understand a pending asylum case (SSN + EAD). Go and talk to them. I guess the one in downtown Chicago deals with such cases.

I see that you were interviewed in Aug 2018. When exactly did you apply for asylum?

There are some DMVs that understand a pending asylum case (SSN + EAD). Go and talk to them. I guess the one in downtown Chicago deals with such cases.

I see that you were interviewed in Aug 2018. When exactly did you apply for asylum?
i did apply in June 2018 i did the interview in august 2018 no decision yet

If an F2 is the applicant for Asylum which is pending decision, while F1 is derivative.
And the F2 recently applied for the asylum EAD (even without using the EAD yet at all for work).
Is the F2 out of status by applying for EAD?
Note: The F1 is still in status doing OPT.

If an F2 is the applicant for Asylum which is pending decision, while F1 is derivative.
And the F2 recently applied for the asylum EAD (even without using the EAD yet at all for work).
Is the F2 out of status by applying for EAD?
Note: The F1 is still in status doing OPT.
The school cannot terminate your SEVIS based on your employment because you have technically permission to work. However, when you later apply for change of status, for example H4 which is dependent of H1-B, or if you apply for adjustment of status to green card, your petition might be denied by the USCIS because of your violating F2 terms. If you haven't used the EAD for working, you're fine. This will have no effect on your spouse who is F1. He will keep his status.

When did you apply? Have you had your interview yet? Which office?

Last edited:
I applied on Dec 27, 2019. I have not even got a receipt of acknowledgement yet (Chicago office) My attorney told me that many immigration lawyers haven't heard about the cases they filed in December 2019 yet. It is abnormal.
Decisions or scheduling interview or scheduling at court takes some resources but why its taking long for 'receipt of acknowledgement application'??
something is going on here...

Decisions or scheduling interview or scheduling at court takes some resources but why its taking long for 'receipt of acknowledgement application'??
something is going on here...
I don't know why.
My lawyer emailed me today that she received biometric notices this week for the cases that she filed on December 9 and 12th 2019. So, USCIS is taking approximately 6 weeks to send out these notices.