• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Ok then we have a few that interviewed in Auckland. Knowing which embassy your going to be interviewed in is a good start.

Who in the group is still to make the move over? When are you planning to?
I've just come through SFO for my activation trip! The lines were bloody long so take note if you coming through this airport around 8-9am local time to add on an extra 60-90 minutes.
This is only a short trip for me and then I'll need to plan for when I'll move over permanently. Due to my work situation, I need to delay moving permanently for 9 - 12 months at least so a bit stressed about that

I've just come through SFO for my activation trip! The lines were bloody long so take note if you coming through this airport around 8-9am local time to add on an extra 60-90 minutes.
This is only a short trip for me and then I'll need to plan for when I'll move over permanently. Due to my work situation, I need to delay moving permanently for 9 - 12 months at least so a bit stressed about that
YAY, glad you made it through. Shout out if you need anything once you get up to Seattle!

I went through Auckland, but there isn't really much to know. Just follow the instructions. Auckland does require you to send in your documentation to them prior to the interview though, which is unusual from what I can gather. But they give you a lot of warning and clear instructions. They also respond to emails very promptly.

Who in the group is still to make the move over? When are you planning to?

Activation Hawaii trip booked for January. Full move goal is "before" September, as that is when school starts, and we want to check out a few schools before making the final decision. Planning on buying a truck and trailer, and do a road trip from SF to Montana with the family as our "welcome to the US" adventure. It also gives us somewhere to live while we're looking at houses.

I went through Auckland, but there isn't really much to know. Just follow the instructions. Auckland does require you to send in your documentation to them prior to the interview though, which is unusual from what I can gather. But they give you a lot of warning and clear instructions. They also respond to emails very promptly.
Auckland required bank records right?

Hello fellow Green Card holders,

I know this thread is essentially closed, and I've searched other parts of the forum but can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm going on my activation trip next week, and am yet to purchase insurance. I'm thinking of purchasing the Patriot America Plus plan for my 4 week stay, however, has anybody used Australian travel insurance for their activation trip?

I've spoken to a couple of Aus companies, and they said there's no exclusion as a US permanent resident, as long as I purchase as an Aus citizen I'm covered in America. I'm a bit concerned though that they won't accept a claim should anything happen medically, as the customer service reps weren't all that convincing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hello fellow Green Card holders,

I know this thread is essentially closed, and I've searched other parts of the forum but can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm going on my activation trip next week, and am yet to purchase insurance. I'm thinking of purchasing the Patriot America Plus plan for my 4 week stay, however, has anybody used Australian travel insurance for their activation trip?

I've spoken to a couple of Aus companies, and they said there's no exclusion as a US permanent resident, as long as I purchase as an Aus citizen I'm covered in America. I'm a bit concerned though that they won't accept a claim should anything happen medically, as the customer service reps weren't all that convincing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

My Aussie Health Insurance covers me for international travel...As I believe they are all required to do as per Aussie legislation. An "activation" trip for them is still just "travel" as an Aussie.

For my activation trip I used normal travel insurance. To live here I used Patriots plus via Simons link.