• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Wondering if anyone can help with some timeframe estimates. I am hoping to have my interview scheduled for either Feb or March next year. My CN is OC2XX but I have held off submitting my docs to avoid being schedules this year. When would be a good time to submit the documents to KCC to then be scheduled for a feb/march interview? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have info on the highest drawn case numbers for Oceania? I'm 18XX, I have returned the requested paperwork and just hoping my number (eventually) comes up.

Hi everyone. I just started looking at the ds260 (CN in low 1300’s) and stopped at the question re filling out previous addresses. I’ve moved a lot, including a couple of addresses o/s about 20 years ago. I think I’ve remembered them all but will I need to provide proof for any of them as I don’t think I’d still have any paperwork for the really old ones.

Hi everyone. I just started looking at the ds260 (CN in low 1300’s) and stopped at the question re filling out previous addresses. I’ve moved a lot, including a couple of addresses o/s about 20 years ago. I think I’ve remembered them all but will I need to provide proof for any of them as I don’t think I’d still have any paperwork for the really old ones.
You won't need to provide proof, just be as accurate as possible.

Does anyone have info on the highest drawn case numbers for Oceania? I'm 18XX, I have returned the requested paperwork and just hoping my number (eventually) comes up.

You'll get an interview - probably around Feb/March.

Case numbers are high this year - but with more "holes" between them.

Hi All! congrats to all 2020 selectees, I have been applying for around 14 years and finally my name got selected CN15XX fingers crossed there are a lot of holes and the interview is sooner rather than later! I filled out the DS-260 there is just one question I am now stressing about how I answered.

I answered yes to "Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? and explained it as "I intend to work in the US but as yet have not been certified by the secretary"

the reason I answered yes is because I was unsure so as to be safe and not be disqualified for being untruthful I figured yes was the right answer. Does anyone see this as a potential problem?

thanks again for this super helpful and informative forum.

The passport issuance normally takes 2-3 weeks here. so by the time we get the passport, i reckon the dv lottery 2021 will close if am not wrong. checking on behalf of a friend

There are no exceptions. I believe the new requirement was publicized in advance of the entry period opening, which was 11 days ago now. Pity he didn’t read the rules at least when it opened for entries?

I didn't get a response in the other thread so I will repost my question here:

1. If I activate my visa in December but don't actually plan on moving until mid next year, will that affect whether I can maintain my GC? How does the timelines work because I assume they know not everyone is going to move right away in their activation trip?
2. I forgot to change the address on my DS260 form so I just want to confirm that I can still change the address for which my GC will be sent to at the POE?

Thanks

I didn't get a response in the other thread so I will repost my question here:

1. If I activate my visa in December but don't actually plan on moving until mid next year, will that affect whether I can maintain my GC? How does the timelines work because I assume they know not everyone is going to move right away in their activation trip?
2. I forgot to change the address on my DS260 form so I just want to confirm that I can still change the address for which my GC will be sent to at the POE?

Thanks

1. If you activate in December, you’ll be expected to file 2019 taxes even if you never worked in the US during the tax year. Other than that, activating in December and returning mid next year is fine. CBP understands the need for new immigrants to return home to tie up loose ends within their first year.

2. Yes.

1. If you activate in December, you’ll be expected to file 2019 taxes even if you never worked in the US during the tax year. Other than that, activating in December and returning mid next year is fine. CBP understands the need for new immigrants to return home to tie up loose ends within their first year.

2. Yes.
Thanks mom!

Hello everyone,
I have read through the forums and I was hoping for some help for my situation. My case number is 0C18xx.
I am currently in the US on an e2 spouse visa.
I was wondering if there was a chance of getting an interview with such a high case number?
I am waiting to submit my ds260 as it will show immigrant intent and is my understanding will affect our ability to renew our current visa?
Thank you in advance for the help.

Hello everyone,
I have read through the forums and I was hoping for some help for my situation. My case number is 0C18xx.
I am currently in the US on an e2 spouse visa.
I was wondering if there was a chance of getting an interview with such a high case number?
I am waiting to submit my ds260 as it will show immigrant intent and is my understanding will affect our ability to renew our current visa?
Thank you in advance for the help.
The numbers this year are high but it seems as though there are a lot of "holes" this year. You can read all about holes theory on BritSimons blog - http://britsimonsays.com/the-lottery-draw-process-holes-theory-and-so-on/
No one can really predict with any certainty that you will or won't get an interview with that CN - the best advise we can give is to wait and watch the VBs to see the pace that is set. You will not do any harm by waiting until next year before you being the process