• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hi again,

I want to pay my USCIS fee but it says that in order to pay for it:

I don't have an A-Number or a DOS Case ID.... I have checked the visa immigrant that was pasted into my passport and nothing... I am starting to stress out!

The do-not-open envelope should have a cover page stapled to the front. The top line on that cover page lists your A-Number.

Hi again,

I want to pay my USCIS fee but it says that in order to pay for it:

How to Pay the Fee
You must pay the fee online. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will give you your:
  • A-Number (the letter “A” followed by 8 or 9 numbers);
  • DOS Case ID (3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers);
  • Instructions for paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee;
  • Immigrant Data Summary; and
  • Sealed immigrant visa packet.

I don't have an A-Number or a DOS Case ID.... I have checked the visa immigrant that was pasted into my passport and nothing... I am starting to stress out!

You have both. The DOS ID is 2019OCxxxx or whatever your number is. The A number is on your visa. Scroll down on this page for explanation https://www.uscis.gov/forms/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-a-number-and-dos-case-id

Hi everyone long time listener, first time caller. Got a question about filling in the ds260:

I have gaps of unemployment between my jobs over the years of a few months each when I was working and travelling. Should I list these gaps as 'UNEMPLOYED' in the form (with N/A for fields such as address) or should I just list my employers with gaps between work unexplained?

Hello again, I'm just gathering the info for my DS-260 and realised my number is lower than I thought - 12xx (low 1200's). I'm really hoping I can stage it so my interview is not before April so I have more time to build my savings. Does anyone have any best guess on when I should submit my form/documents. I don't want to leave it too late and miss out. I understand the holes theory but am also wondering if the numbers are moving that much faster whether they are likely to run out of visas sooner this year.

I’m interviewing in Sydney but my understanding was you need to show savings wherever you are
Its up to the CO interviewing you but for the most part Sydney does not ask you to show proof you will not become a public charge. That said its always best to be as prepared as you can be so you do not get denied or put on AP.

Also, showing money in a bank account is not the only way to show you will not become a public charge, you can also have a US citizen or LPR fill in an i-134

Thanks Aidyn!
I guess we should probably answer your original question too, sorry about that!

If you do want to delay until April or later, you could send your docs in sometime around mid March - no guarantee you will get April, depends how long it takes them to process your documents. So if you are happy to take the chance of May or even June before you interview that should be fine. Obviously your number needs to be current as well as your DS-260 completed and your docs processed too before you'll get an interview scheduled.

Thank you Britsimon for the response. I thought the number was too high to possibly get an interview (very high 1800s) so this makes me hopeful. I will be patient and wait and see what happens but would you recommend holding off till January/February onwards to submit DS260? Thank you in advance for any advice.

If you wait until February you will be causing yourself a delay. There is no way you are not going to be current - so don't delay unless you want a later interview.

Going to activate my visa this week and I am very nervous. A part of me thinks the border officers will reject me at the border lol! Should I go and line up in the US Citizens & LPR or do I go in the other line for other foreigners?

Going to activate my visa this week and I am very nervous. A part of me thinks the border officers will reject me at the border lol! Should I go and line up in the US Citizens & LPR or do I go in the other line for other foreigners?
No need to be nervous. You are not yet an LPR so you need to line up with all the others and just present your yellow envelope the the CBP when you get there. Depending on where you are processing through they will either take you to a room to review your docs or just to another more private desk area. Nothing to be alarmed at, all very straight forward, they confirm your address in the US that you want your green card sent to, confirm that all the details on the sheet attached to your yellow envelope are correct. Then they will stamp your visa and write your A number across it, welcome you to the USA and send you on your way.