• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

For your country of residence, you might want to consider getting a more recent PCC. May to November is quite a stretch for criminal activities to have happened since the previous PCC was issued (don’t get me wrong, I’m not insinuating you’re a criminal or you’ve engaged in criminal activities).
Mom is right... My math was off and I was thinking it would be less than 5 months, but it will be 6 months old by then so it is safer to get a new one

Reactions: YTM
For the spouse of a green card, you need:
1) a green card - so you can’t start the process before you actually land in the US
2) a filing fee for the i130 of $535 plus the visa interview fee at the consulate of $325 (and then the green card fee of $220 if approved, same as with a DV visa)
3) proof of US income sufficient to meet the public charge guidelines, for a household of 2 (you and your wife) this is currently $21137 per year. Along with this you sign an affidavit of support i864, unlike the Dv one this is legally binding and makes you liable for any public funds your wife might use until she becomes a citizen or until she has worked for 10 years. Note that this affidavit remains binding on you even if you subsequently divorce (and in the scenario if she never becomes a citizen or works that means you could literally be on the hook the rest of your life ... I’m sure it’s not often this happens, but it could )
4) you will need to provide proof of a genuine relationship
5) wait times vary but generally it’s around 2 years, if it’s an embassy that is pretty busy with long wait times for interviews you can add some months on to that. She has to remain at home while this process goes on. Possibly might get a tourist visa to visit you but these are often denied in this situation.
6) if she happens to get her immigrant visa less than 2 years after marriage (unlikely for spouse of green card holder but it does happen occasionally) then her green card is conditional, and you have to go through a process called removal of conditions after your 2nd anniversary (requires another interview and more marriage proof). As I said unlikely this will happen for spouse of LPR but occasionally it does so I mention for completeness. The filing + biometric fee for this process is $680.
Thank you very very much. This is most helpful. One last question please. Now that i have submitted my DS260 as a single person, can i go ahead and get married? And if i do must i update the form? What i mean is i would get married but i would not update the form so my wife does not need to come now. So do i need to inform KCC that i am now married eventhough i dont want to update the form online? Is it legal?

Thank you very very much. This is most helpful. One last question please. Now that i have submitted my DS260 as a single person, can i go ahead and get married? And if i do must i update the form? What i mean is i would get married but i would not update the form so my wife does not need to come now. So do i need to inform KCC that i am now married eventhough i dont want to update the form online? Is it legal?
You must update the form with any marriage information as you will swear under oath at your interview that all information in the form is correct as at that time. You are not obliged to have your wife immigrate with you at that stage. So you can get married and leave her behind for whatever reason but you can’t pretend to be single. And of course any petition for her at a future stage will require the marriage date so they would see immediately that you had lied.

Reactions: YTM
You must update the form with any marriage information as you will swear under oath at your interview that all information in the form is correct as at that time. You are not obliged to have your wife immigrate with you at that stage. So you can get married and leave her behind for whatever reason but you can’t pretend to be single. And of course any petition for her at a future stage will require the marriage date so they would see immediately that you had lied.
Thanks alot Sussie. All my doubts are clear now. You have been most helpful.

"Judge George Daniels of the Southern District of New York on Friday blocked the Trump administration's new public charge rule from going into effect.

In his decision, Judge Daniels wrote, “The Rule is simply a new agency policy of exclusion in search of a justification. It is repugnant to the American Dream of the opportunity for prosperity and success through hard work and upward mobility. Immigrants have always come to this country seeking a better life for themselves and their posterity. With or without help, most succeed.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/judge-blocks-trumps-public-charge-rule-on-immigration.html

Last edited:
"Judge George Daniels of the Southern District of New York on Friday blocked the Trump administration's new public charge rule from going into effect.

In his decision, Judge Daniels wrote, “The Rule is simply a new agency policy of exclusion in search of a justification. It is repugnant to the American Dream of the opportunity for prosperity and success through hard work and upward mobility. Immigrants have always come to this country seeking a better life for themselves and their posterity. With or without help, most succeed.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/judge-blocks-trumps-public-charge-rule-on-immigration.html
I was just about to post this link too . Thank you for sharing . Does it mean that , the rule is officially blocked ? Like is this a final decision or does it need more Judges / courts to block it .

I was just about to post this link too . Thank you for sharing . Does it mean that , the rule is officially blocked ? Like is this a final decision or does it need more Judges / courts to block it .

Yes, officially blocked nationwide until hearings are over.

Im winner of dv2020 my cn is AS24xxx . I will do my interview in Saud Arabia . My bachelor degree is from malaysia but i accomplished it as a distance education i will get my degree attested from malaysia higher education can this will make problem in interview by having distance education degree ? My highschool diploma is from Pakistan should I show them my distance education malaysian degree or should i not mentioned in ds260 ?

Im winner of dv2020 my cn is AS24xxx . I will do my interview in Saud Arabia . My bachelor degree is from malaysia but i accomplished it as a distance education i will get my degree attested from malaysia higher education can this will make problem in interview by having distance education degree ? My highschool diploma is from Pakistan should I show them my distance education malaysian degree or should i not mentioned in ds260 ?
Show them both.

Hello Simon
I have a very important question
so I unlocked my DS260 to enter my new passport information and I sent my DS260 last Thursday
this Sunday people started to talk that NEW QUESTIONS have been added to the form
such as: countries visited for the past 5 years
email addreses and mobile phones ETC

I havent seen these questions when I was checking my form
people say that they were added this Saturday and so if I sent my DS260 BEFORE the new questions have been added it is okay right?
I dont need to unlock it again?

BUT . the thing is that I entered my DS260 completed form and the new questions ARE THERE AND NOT REPLIED

SO I AM WORRIED

are they automatically added to all the DS260 even the ones that are already completed????
so I dont need tp worry if I sent it before they were added and didnt answer them??????
or i have to un lock them and answer

??? if i dont answer will it make troubles . of getting a visa?????

there is a question I dont want to answer :(
about deportation
I was deported from p[oland actually not quite reported but I was forbidden to enter poland for 3 years
it was a very unpleasant AND not fair situation (long to explain) but i really wasnt guilty

so I DONT WANT TO ANSWER this questions

and al;so copuntries for the past 5 years
I have been to m,any countries and is a pain in the ass to add all the entries with dates etc :((

so please shall I worry???

may be you know exactly when the new questions have been added??
Im still worrying I have missed them... but people say they been added after I sent . my form

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REPLY in advance

Hello Simon
so I unlocked my DS260 to enter my new passport information and I sent my DS260 last Thursday
this Sunday people started to talk that NEW QUESTIONS have been added to the form

people say that they were added this Saturday and so if I sent my DS260 BEFORE the new questions have been added it is okay right?

BUT . the thing is that I entered my DS260 completed form and the new questions ARE THERE AND NOT REPLIED

SO I AM WORRIED

are they automatically added to all the DS260 even the ones that are already completed????
so I dont need tp worry if I sent it before they were added and didnt answer them??????

about deportation
I was deported from p[oland actually not quite reported but I was forbidden to enter poland for 3 years
it was a very unpleasant AND not fair situation (long to explain) but i really wasnt guilty

I have been to m,any countries and is a pain in the ass to add all the entries with dates etc :((

Im still worrying I have missed them... but people say they been added after I sent . my form

If new questions were added to the DS260 form after you already submitted yours and didn’t have any reason to unlock the form after the submission and prior to attending your interview, you should be prepared to provide the answers to those questions when you go in for your interview. They will not be ingnored simply because they got added after your initial submission. So you might as well unlock the form if you have a high CN or you’re yet to be scheduled for an interview and answer those questions accordingly regardless of how you feel. You might as well forget about being issued with an IV if you DON’T want to answer the questions they’re asking.

Hello Simon

SO I AM WORRIED

about deportation

I can’t figure out from your post if the questions were not there, or if they were there and you just didn’t want to answer them. If they were there you must answer. It doesn’t work that you just don’t get to answer questions you don’t want to. Luckily for you the US probably won’t care that you were banned from Poland, unless it was for criminal or terrorist reasons.

Sorry it’s a “pain in the ass” to fill in the forms, lucky for you it’s not the UK where they want ten years of travel history.

Wow congratulations
So my interview went well and my visa is approved! My next question is, if I plan on activating it in Nov/Dec this year but don’t actually plan on moving until sometime mid next year, will that affect how I maintain my PR as I don’t want to lose it... not sure how the rules work between the time you activate it and actually make the move

thank you for replies
PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON MY STORY AS I REALLY WANT TO GET A GREEN CARD SO I NEED TO KNOW HPW TO ACT IF THEY WILL ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE

I always recEived MULTI visa to Poland because I am in Ukraine and I received busineSs visas for invitations
my passport was old and it was the last travel with this passport
it was August 2016
I was on the way back to Ukraine from Poland by bus
the officer asked me to go away and they put me on a boarder control
so they blamed me in the following:
the DIDNT like my stamp from Greece (that was 3 or 2 years old)
it was damaged/ not clerly seen the dates when I left the country
They asked if I damaged that on purpose so I could have stayed in EU longer then it was accepted
which I didnt
that trip to Greece was only 3 days
I always save my boarding passes and I showed this to them but they didnt care
anyway they told they have all in the system so they will check how long did i stay in europe and did I have overstay or no
it took them 24 hrs
during this period they even wanted to seize my passport which actually illegal and i had american visa there
at the end an other officer told me they checked me and everything is fine and ill be free in 2 hrs
i waited and nothing happened
I asked again when . will . I be free and OTER WOMAN told me Ill be deported
then I had no choice but to call to ukranian protection embassy and ask for help
in 10 min . that woman came to me
and gave my passport back and she said youre all fine no deportation for you

after that I received a NEW passport and I got 2 MULTI visas to Poland

in March 2017 I traveled to EU and entered POLAND on march 5
I was leaving europe again from Poland to Ukraine March 15

I was stopped again
and they told me there was a court on march 7 2017 ( when I was already in EU) that they cancel my visa to Poland - without ANY NOTIFICATION TO ME THEY JUST DID THAT AND ITS ACTUALLY AS FAR AS . I KNOW NOT LEGAL TO IS IT??
and I cant enter Poland for 3 years

since that time I legally entered many countries in Europe never being stopped
I didnt enter Poland so I obeyed what . they told me

actually I really dont know if it was a deportation ( because I left the boarder with my own legs and my passport - they didnt deport me)
the lawyer told me if I am not in the ban system of Europe and I can travel to other countries - I am all fine cause it is only in Polish system

the biggest propblem was that customs at the boarder POLAND/UKRAINE DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH NOR RUSSIAN NOR UKRANIAN
THEY SPEAK WITH YOU POLISH AND . THEY ASSUME U HAVE TO understand THEM
me as russian and ukranian speaker it was esier buts till I didnt understand some things of course as language barrier

so basically I think Poland just . got tired people from Ukraine get visas to europe to travel cheaper from poland ( tickets to europe are so cheap from poland + it was very easy to get long term visas

Luckily after that in June visas were cancelend between Ukraine and EU

and I can trvel to any country I want because I am not in SIS sytem ( I hope u know what is this )

They just didnt like my old passport and have found a reason to cancel my visa

so my question is:
Basically there were no deportation and this is not in EU general system and I am not a criminal ( I never done anuything illegal)
so basically I have nothing to lie about right??

if they ask If I ever was deported - how should i say?
my visa was canceled because my passport was very old ? I still have this passport BECAUSE there is valid USA visa so they can see its very old and little damaged with time

Last edited:
thank you for replies
PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON MY STORY AS I REALLY WANT TO GET A GREEN CARD SO I NEED TO KNOW HPW TO ACT IF THEY WILL ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE

I always recEived MULTI visa to Poland because I am in Ukraine and I received busineSs visas for invitations
my passport was old and it was the last travel with this passport
it was August 2016
I was on the way back to Ukraine from Poland by bus
the officer asked me to go away and they put me on a boarder control
so they blamed me in the following:
the DIDNT like my stamp from Greece (that was 3 or 2 years old)
it was damaged/ not clerly seen the dates when I left the country
They asked if I damaged that on purpose so I could have stayed in EU longer then it was accepted
which I didnt
that trip to Greece was only 3 days
I always save my boarding passes and I showed this to them but they didnt care
anyway they told they have all in the system so they will check how long did i stay in europe and did I have overstay or no
it took them 24 hrs
during this period they even wanted to seize my passport which actually illegal and i had american visa there
at the end an other officer told me they checked me and everything is fine and ill be free in 2 hrs
i waited and nothing happened
I asked again when . will . I be free and OTER WOMAN told me Ill be deported
then I had no choice but to call to ukranian protection embassy and ask for help
in 10 min . that woman came to me
and gave my passport back and she said youre all fine no deportation for you

after that I received a NEW passport and I got 2 MULTI visas to Poland

in March 2017 I traveled to EU and entered POLAND on march 5
I was leaving europe again from Poland to Ukraine March 15

I was stopped again
and they told me there was a court on march 7 2017 ( when I was already in EU) that they cancel my visa to Poland - without ANY NOTIFICATION TO ME THEY JUST DID THAT AND ITS ACTUALLY AS FAR AS . I KNOW NOT LEGAL TO IS IT??
and I cant enter Poland for 3 years

since that time I legally entered many countries in Europe never being stopped
I didnt enter Poland so I obeyed what . they told me

actually I really dont know if it was a deportation ( because I left the boarder with my own legs and my passport - they didnt deport me)
the lawyer told me if I am not in the ban system of Europe and I can travel to other countries - I am all fine cause it is only in Polish system

the biggest propblem was that customs at the boarder POLAND/UKRAINE DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH NOR RUSSIAN NOR UKRANIAN
THEY SPEAK WITH YOU POLISH AND . THEY ASSUME U HAVE TO understand THEM
me as russian and ukranian speaker it was esier buts till I didnt understand some things of course as language barrier

so basically I think Poland just . got tired people from Ukraine get visas to europe to travel cheaper from poland ( tickets to europe are so cheap from poland + it was very easy to get long term visas

Luckily after that in June visas were cancelend between Ukraine and EU

and I can trvel to any country I want because I am not in SIS sytem ( I hope u know what is this )

They just didnt like my old passport and have found a reason to cancel my visa

so my question is:
Basically there were no deportation and this is not in EU general system and I am not a criminal ( I never done anuything illegal)
so basically I have nothing to lie about right??

if they ask If I ever was deported - how should i say?
my visa was canceled because my passport was very old ? I still have this passport BECAUSE there is valid USA visa so they can see its very old and little damaged with time
The ONLY answer you will get from people here is to be 100% truthful. If you were not actually deported then your answer is no, if there is a chance they progressed with deportation proceedings then you MUST answer yes. If you are asked about it during your interview then again you MUST give them the truth, anything other than the truth would be considered fraud.

The ONLY answer you will get from people here is to be 100% truthful. If you were not actually deported then your answer is no, if there is a chance they progressed with deportation proceedings then you MUST answer yes. If you are asked about it during your interview then again you MUST give them the truth, anything other than the truth would be considered fraud.
but to be Honest i dont know if it was a deportation
I googled peoples cases and deportation means ban from the whole EU not only from Poland so how can I learn this I dont know
so I prefer not to unlock my form and answer it on interview if they . ask
cause there is "plausible deniaibility" in USA which is legal as my brother told me
he lives in USA long . time
so . for me better use this as I truly dont know and I can travel freely to any EU country so basically i wasnt deported