• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I suspect this is KCC trying to get ahead on processing docs so they dont have a bunch of people rushing at the end like they did in 2019. Others have said they thought it might be those that have submitted DS-260 but some have said that have opened it but not submitted so there is no definitive answer on that.
I am thinking that they may be taking into consideration the embassy that winners will be interviewed at and their workload - this could explain why some people with higher case numbers have been requested for documents while others have not - just a thought at this stage, no facts or verification to back it up yet.

I suspect this is KCC trying to get ahead on processing docs so they dont have a bunch of people rushing at the end like they did in 2019. Others have said they thought it might be those that have submitted DS-260 but some have said that have opened it but not submitted so there is no definitive answer on that.
I am thinking that they may be taking into consideration the embassy that winners will be interviewed at and their workload - this could explain why some people with higher case numbers have been requested for documents while others have not - just a thought at this stage, no facts or verification to back it up yet.
I haven't even opened the DS. I didn't click on the link. I checked the page, saw that I won and got out as fast as I could... You know, my experience from a previous process ;)

Reactions: YTM
I haven't even opened the DS. I didn't click on the link. I checked the page, saw that I won and got out as fast as I could... You know, my experience from a previous process ;)
yes this is why I'm thinking it may be based on work load of the embassy

Of course I'm happy for Mom, Susie and Simon to come in and tell me why I'm wrong :) They always have way better reasons for these things than I do

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic with us, Aidyn. I also only checked that I won but didn’t click the link or submit my DS-260 yet. Since my case number is in the higher range I wanted to make sure to submit it only when my number gets current. I didn’t want to take the risk to submit it earlier.

Do you guys know why this is happening? I’m very confused.. couldn’t find anything on Brit Simon’s Blog either

I don’t understand why everyone is confused. They are requesting documents. Clearly they have capacity to process now. If you don’t want to send them yet, then wait till you want to.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic with us, Aidyn. I also only checked that I won but didn’t click the link or submit my DS-260 yet. Since my case number is in the higher range I wanted to make sure to submit it only when my number gets current. I didn’t want to take the risk to submit it earlier.

You understand the risk of actually waiting till your number is current, right? If it’s high and you wait till then, you risk missing out entirely.

Reactions: YTM
Hi all,
I got 2NL asking for documents, I submitted my DS260 on Jul 17th and my CN is AF33XXX
just for clarification and so it doesnt confuse others - the email you received to submit your documents is not the 2NL
The 2NL is your official notification of interview date and location and will replace your 1NL on the website

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

After filling DS260 and specifying there an interview location as AOS at USCIS, we've decided to change it to the consular location and emailed KCC about it. KCC responded that the location was changed. All these were around June, right after receiving a DV-2020 confirmation letter.
Today, I have received a letter from KCC with attached Adjustment Letter and AOS Status Mail Form. I've emailed KCC asking to clarify my interview location. To be honest, now I am fine with AOS and don't want to change it. Is there anything else I should do?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

I don’t understand why everyone is confused. They are requesting documents. Clearly they have capacity to process now. If you don’t want to send them yet, then wait till you want to.
Maybe you would understand if you were in our situation. ;) It’s very unusual and never happened in the past years, I think it’s pretty normal that some of us are confused. I think it’s also obvious why some of us want to wait until our number gets current or until it close to get current.

Maybe you would understand if you were in our situation. ;) It’s very unusual and never happened in the past years, I think it’s pretty normal that some of us are confused. I think it’s also obvious why some of us want to wait until our number gets current or until it close to get current.

So wait. I don’t see the problem. (Well, other than you missing out on a visa if you wait too long but you don’t seem worried about that so....)

(My point was actually, I don’t see how you are getting confused about “high numbers” being called when there is no established procedure for this to get confused about . Some people here decided there was a pattern but the fact that this pattern didn’t actually exist is what confused the rest of you.)

Ugh,
So wait. I don’t see the problem. (Well, other than you missing out on a visa if you wait too long but you don’t seem worried about that so....)

(My point was actually, I don’t see how you are getting confused about “high numbers” being called when there is no established procedure for this to get confused about . Some people here decided there was a pattern but the fact that this pattern didn’t actually exist is what confused the rest of you.)

You don’t seem to get my point. I think it’s pretty clear that some of us think something must have changed and I just wanted to hear other opinions on this topic. As I mentioned before, I only checked my first NL and didn’t take any further actions because all I read is to wait with the submission of the DS-260 form, especially when your number is in the mid-range. According to the VB I’m still faaaar away from being scheduled for an interview. So why would I rush and submit my documents? If I submit my DS-260 right now and my number won’t get current (for whatever reason, you can never count on it) I’ll struggle whenever I’ll apply for a NIV in the future. To assume that I’ll probably miss on my visa because I’ll wait for too long with my submission is a funny assumption. Some of the selectees with higher CN’s decide to submit their applications way too early. It might be better to encourage them not to do so. :)

Another thought I had is that we’re probably close to get current. I noted that you don’t think it’s unusual, let’s see what others have to say.

I think the best solution is to wait. I have read reports of people with higher case numbers than mine receiving email requesting to submit documents. I think it is still early so we can wait.

One thing is clear: you will be interviewed when your number is current and you have submitted all required documents and you are invited by the embassy.

We also need to understand why they call it case number it means every case is different. There are reasons you are invited early, probably your background check was simple etc.

Ugh,

You don’t seem to get my point. I think it’s pretty clear that some of us think something must have changed and I just wanted to hear other opinions on this topic. As I mentioned before, I only checked my first NL and didn’t take any further actions because all I read is to wait with the submission of the DS-260 form, especially when your number is in the mid-range. According to the VB I’m still faaaar away from being scheduled for an interview. So why would I rush and submit my documents? If I submit my DS-260 right now and my number won’t get current (for whatever reason, you can never count on it) I’ll struggle whenever I’ll apply for a NIV in the future. To assume that I’ll probably miss on my visa because I’ll wait for too long with my submission is a funny assumption. Some of the selectees with higher CN’s decide to submit their applications way too early. It might be better to encourage them not to do so. :)

Another thought I had is that we’re probably close to get current. I noted that you don’t think it’s unusual, let’s see what others have to say.
Like I said - wait if you want. I still don’t see the point in creating dramatic posts about confusion and why they’re asking, it’s pointless to go on about CHANGE in a process that has only been in place since January of this year. Obviously they’re still figuring it out as has been said already. So - Just wait and submit when it suits you. It really is that simple.

You may not be aware people missed out on interviews in DV2019 because they submitted their documents too late (when kcc asked - not because they delayed) to be processed in time for interviews to be scheduled. That right there is a reason for KCC to start asking early when they have time as well as the reason for my caution about waiting too long. But never mind, apparently.

Like I said - wait if you want. I still don’t see the point in creating dramatic posts about confusion and why they’re asking, it’s pointless to go on about CHANGE in a process that has only been in place since January of this year. Obviously they’re still figuring it out as has been said already. So - Just wait and submit when it suits you. It really is that simple.

You may not be aware people missed out on interviews in DV2019 because they submitted their documents too late (when kcc asked - not because they delayed) to be processed in time for interviews to be scheduled. That right there is a reason for KCC to start asking early when they have time as well as the reason for my caution about waiting too long. But never mind, apparently.

Let me give a short version of this:
- this document collection process is exactly 10 months old. It’s still being figured out
- KCC clearly had some problems with the process last fiscal year - asking some people for documents too late and those people through no fault of their own missed out - seems one good reason for asking earlier now
- no one is obliged to send in documents before they feel comfortable doing so

We've been in your situation, so stop being condescending. The simple point of the matter is, the process is too new (10 months) for there to be any real pattern prior to this "change" you all think you are seeing.
So sit back, relax, watch the VB and send your documents when you are ready!

@SusieQQQ Uhm, where did I create dramatic posts? I only asked if there were any other selectees affected. If my question bothered you that much: no one forced you to jump on it. I am aware of the fact that some people sent out their documents too late in the DV2019 process. But please let me decide on when I want to submit my application. I will do so when my number is close to get current.

@Aidyn: what goes around, comes around! It’s nice that there are admins here offering their help. But I noticed more than once that some people here adopt the wrong tone. Furthermore, you haven’t been in the exact same situation. From what I’ve heard this is the first time that KCC sends out emails to people with mid-high/high case numbers.

*send out emails to people with mid-high/high numbers earlier than expected.

So relax and let it go. I definitely won’t take the advise and submit my documents right now. And I’m sure that I won’t miss my chance by waiting