• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

So, the weirdest thing happened - I have received the documents email and I have even not submitted DS-260 yet. Something very strange this year is going on with this process.

So, the weirdest thing happened - I have received the documents email and I have even not submitted DS-260 yet. Something very strange this year is going on with this process.
I, on the other hand, submitted my DS-260 back in May, unlocked it and re-submitted it last week, and recieved no email for documents.
This year is a roller coaster of weirdness...

@SusieQQQ Uhm, where did I create dramatic posts? I only asked if there were any other selectees affected. If my question bothered you that much: no one forced you to jump on it. I am aware of the fact that some people sent out their documents too late in the DV2019 process. But please let me decide on when I want to submit my application. I will do so when my number is close to get current.

@Aidyn: what goes around, comes around! It’s nice that there are admins here offering their help. But I noticed more than once that some people here adopt the wrong tone. Furthermore, you haven’t been in the exact same situation. From what I’ve heard this is the first time that KCC sends out emails to people with mid-high/high case numbers.
Every year we get people panicking over nothing and over-thinking. Like aidyn says, nothing new.
And when we try calm them down they get defensive and accuse us of being mean. Nothing new here folks.
(Calm down, there is nothing to worry about. I INSIST ON WORRYING ABOUT IT! DON’T BE MEAN!)

To answer @avion’s post above specifically I see something got through to you because it’s now “close to” rather than current. And for 10th time, the entire documents process is new so saying this is the first time something happened is meaningless.

Last edited:
I, on the other hand, submitted my DS-260 back in May, unlocked it and re-submitted it last week, and recieved no email for documents.
This year is a roller coaster of weirdness...

The only thing that seems clear is that KCC is a long way from figuring out a smooth path for this! Remember this time last year, there wasn’t even this document process in place. Then they ended up sending some requests too late and people missed out. While final numbers are not yet out, they also massively undershot the 50k quota last year (and it is officially back to 55k this year) so they are presumably trying to avoid whatever mistakes led to people losing out last year.

That said, it’s kind of odd that they haven’t asked you if you’ve submitted your DS (though you by no means are the only person not asked yet). In your spam folder maybe? You can contact them and offer to send, or just send the docs through if you’d prefer.

still no visa bulletin...
people keep getting requests for documents with 40k numbers and higher........
and I still didnt get it when I subbmitted my DS260 9 of Otober and people who didnt even submit got requests...

to be honest is hard to be calm under these circumstances
makes nevrous amd mad wby my case didnt get the documents requests when is 34k
people with higher numbers cant get earlier interview the my number right>>>>

Hi everyone, I have unlocked and updated my DS260. Tthe next day I received the email to send the documents. For the marriage certificate, can I send the same photo to me and my wife? thanks bye EU29XXX

@themariposa keep your cool, these moderators have been helping people all these years after winning years ago yet I'm sure you'll be nowhere in this forum after you secure your visa. So stop your heckle and justifications of your shallow arguments
I just received the mail to send the documents
From my comprehension of the email, you can receive this email even before sending your DS260. Check the underlined part where KCC still says that you must send a complete DS260.
Previously it stated that you've sent a complete DS260 and hence now send documents

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191016_192604.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016_192604.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 32
still no visa bulletin...
people keep getting requests for documents with 40k numbers and higher........
and I still didnt get it when I subbmitted my DS260 9 of Otober and people who didnt even submit got requests...

to be honest is hard to be calm under these circumstances
makes nevrous amd mad wby my case didnt get the documents requests when is 34k
people with higher numbers cant get earlier interview the my number right>>>>

No, they won't get earlier interviews (well, not unless everything is processed for them and their numbers are current, and yours aren't processed). Have you checked your spam folder? You can always contact KCC to confirm if you are ready to send your documents and want to do so.

Thanks for posting this. Seems clear that they are just mass emailing at this point (don't understand why not everyone has received though)
I think they are just trying to make sure that they will already know who to schedule well in advance, when they are ready to schedule interviews for a particular case number range. They did have people being scheduled "late" or in some cases not at all in the last fiscal year because documents were received after the monthly window for scheduling had closed.

Hi everyone, I have unlocked and updated my DS260. Tthe next day I received the email to send the documents. For the marriage certificate, can I send the same photo to me and my wife? thanks bye EU29XXX
not sure if i am misunderstanding - are you asking if you can send a photo of you with your wife rather than the certificate?

No, they won't get earlier interviews (well, not unless everything is processed for them and their numbers are current, and yours aren't processed). Have you checked your spam folder? You can always contact KCC to confirm if you are ready to send your documents and want to do so.
thank you
how is correct to ask them about my case status
is there any example ?

thank you
how is correct to ask them about my case status
is there any example ?

On your selection letter there is an email contact address, make sure you include your name, case number and date of birth American style mm/dd/yyyy
you can just say something like,

Name: Butterfly Mariposa
Case number: 2020SA12345
Date of birth: 01/31/1999

To KCC:

I am enquiring about the abovementioned case and would like to confirm that my DS260 has been received. I am ready to submit my documents, may I confirm which ones to send and that I can use this email address?

It doesn't have to be particularly formal or anything, just a clear question. But they won't respond if you don't have all your case details as above.

thank you ! I will do that right now lets see what happens

do you think they wont unlock my form
if i ask this??

one person (dont remember where )here or russian forum sent a question about the case and they just unlocked the DS260

which I DO NOT WANT to happen in any case (mentioned above why )

haha, that solves it!
THAT IS CRAZY but made ms smile tho

the date is 10/09/2019

it means is a robot sending right? cause today is 16 October

as far as I understood before when u get docs request it mean your interview can be scheduled d 1-3 months right

but now they send it to much more HIGHER numbers ( i think they do send to everyone now to get all visas issued this year as its 55k not even 50k) correct?

I will . submit my documents within few days how log does it take to KCC to . proceed and reply me all isn fine ?

so my . interview will be still end of spring even summer I assume? case 34k

Every year we get people panicking over nothing and over-thinking. Like aidyn says, nothing new.
And when we try calm them down they get defensive and accuse us of being mean. Nothing new here folks.
(Calm down, there is nothing to worry about. I INSIST ON WORRYING ABOUT IT! DON’T BE MEAN!)

To answer @avion’s post above specifically I see something got through to you because it’s now “close to” rather than current. And for 10th time, the entire documents process is new so saying this is the first time something happened is meaningless.

For the 10th time, I NEVER panicked over anything. And it’s funny that you say you tried to calm me down cause you definitely didn’t do so lol. Please reread your posts. And as mentioned before, it was the tone that I found unfriendly. I only said that I found it confusing that higher CN’s are receiving the letters already but I never mentioned any worries or whatever. Because I don’t think receiving this emails earlier will be problematic for us. If my question bothered you so much, why wouldn’t you just ignore it? I asked something, some affected selectees were able to answer normally. Only you somehow got offended by my question so that you immediately accused me of panicking.

And re you referring to the overthinking selectees: Some people here are “over-thinking” because going through this whole process is an important step for them and I’m pretty sure almost no one go though this process without considering every possible situation. Especially when you’ve been through it before you should be a little understanding because you’ve been there. And I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an easy process. And now let’s just leave it like that.