• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Plan to do that today. Yep, had to request a new interview date due to the original one being when I was overseas with work.

Ahhh. So what has happened (as you may already realize) is that the embassy have had to go back to KCC after your interview to ask for visas to be allocated. The originally allocated visas would have been returned at the end of your original interview month. Not much they can do - the embassy rely on KCC at that point, and there are not enough interviews to serve yours from other refusals from the month. Fingers crossed for you.

Ahhh. So what has happened (as you may already realize) is that the embassy have had to go back to KCC after your interview to ask for visas to be allocated. The originally allocated visas would have been returned at the end of your original interview month. Not much they can do - the embassy rely on KCC at that point, and there are not enough interviews to serve yours from other refusals from the month. Fingers crossed for you.
Yikes that doesn’t sound good.

That was done before the interview. I was sent the new visa numbers as part of my "rescheduled interview" paperwork to present when going through security.

How do the new visa numbers work, is it like a new case number?

No. Prior to your interview, KCC would have assigned a specific visa number for each person under your application, (in my case, 4 people).

Because I rescheduled, that meant that those 4 x visa numbers had to be reassigned to other applicants in that interview time/date range, and new visa numbers were issued to me, the next calendar month, as that is when KCC issues Visa for upcoming interviews.

Like I said, for me, those "new" visa numbers were issued by KCC prior to the rescheduled interview.

No. Prior to your interview, KCC would have assigned a specific visa number for each person under your application, (in my case, 4 people).

Because I rescheduled, that meant that those 4 x visa numbers had to be reassigned to other applicants in that interview time/date range, and new visa numbers were issued to me, the next calendar month, as that is when KCC issues Visa for upcoming interviews.

Like I said, for me, those "new" visa numbers were issued by KCC prior to the rescheduled interview.

Considering the KCC wasn’t the one that rescheduled your interview date, this was done by the embassy at your request, I don't think visa numbers were reserved for you at that point. Your previously reserved and subsequently used visas were returned to KCC at the end of your previously scheduled date just like Simon already explained above. New visas being reserved with a rescheduled interview date would have been the case IF the new interview date was by the KCC. The number of visas sent by the KCC for the new month of your interview did not include yours, those visas were for cases scheduled by the KCC for that month.

Considering the KCC wasn’t the one that rescheduled your interview date, this was done by the embassy at your request, I don't think visa numbers were reserved for you at that point. Your previously reserved and subsequently used visas were returned to KCC at the end of your previously scheduled date just like Simon already explained above. New visas being reserved with a rescheduled interview date would have been the case IF the new interview date was by the KCC.
How was he given his visa numbers prior to the rescheduled interview? Is that common to be told what your visa numbers will be.

Colour me confused but I didn’t realise we could see our visa numbers prior to interview.

How was he given his visa numbers prior to the rescheduled interview? Is that common to be told what your visa numbers will be.

Colour me confused but I didn’t realise we could see our visa numbers prior to interview.

I was also confused by his post where he says he was sent new visa numbers as part of his rescheduled interview paper works too. To the best of my knowledge, no one gets told what their reserved visa number is or that a certain number of visas have been reserved for them AFAIK.

I was also confused by his post where he says he was sent new visa numbers as part of his rescheduled interview paper works too. To the best of my knowledge, no one gets told what their reserved visa number is or that a certain number of visas have been reserved for them AFAIK.
Ok so if he was then it would be out of the ordinary.

When the visas are returned to KCC are they reused in your region only or do they go into the pool and can be reallocated to any region as long as the haven’t gone over the max allotment.

That was done before the interview. I was sent the new visa numbers as part of my "rescheduled interview" paperwork to present when going through security.
I’ve never heard of anyone having to present visa numbers to get through security? or indeed at any part of the process...that bit is entirely part of the consulate’s admin side. Can you be more specific about the exact wording of what you’re talking about?

Ok so if he was then it would be out of the ordinary.

When the visas are returned to KCC are they reused in your region only or do they go into the pool and can be reallocated to any region as long as the haven’t gone over the max allotment.

My guess is they get returned to the “main pool” and get reallocated as the KCC deem fit or as needed - I could be wrong though.

Not sure why we're debating what I said about receiving Visa numbers. I'm the one who received the email from the consulate stating they had to request new visa numbers fro KCC. I'm the one who received the subsequent email from the consulate with the new (as stated by the consulate) visa numbers listed against each person in the application, as part of the email that included my paperwork for security, (the interview date/time etc).

Cheers

Not sure why we're debating what I said about receiving Visa numbers. I'm the one who received the email from the consulate stating they had to request new visa numbers fro KCC. I'm the one who received the subsequent email from the consulate with the new (as stated by the consulate) visa numbers listed against each person in the application, as part of the email that included my paperwork for security, (the interview date/time etc).

Cheers

Gee dude, all we asked was a bit of clarification on something we'd never heard of being provided to applicants before. (You know, because the more info about stuff we get the more we can help people like you who come to the forum.) Sorry it seems to have p'd you off so mightily.

Sorry it seems to have p'd you off so mightily.

It hasn't "p'd" me off at all. I stated I'm not sure why it's being debated, (call me logic-focused). Clarification was requested - I provided it, and was then told what the Consulate clearly told me, (more than once), was incorrect.

If the outcome of this debate would assist with the Visa being issued, I would care greatly. But it doesn't, and seems to be muddying the waters with no benefit, to me or to anyone else seeking advice.

That's all. No emotion is attached to this post.

Last edited:
Been AP since I started checking start of this month. Last updated on the 16th. Seemed to get updated every 2-3 days.
Good luck! Hopefully it comes through for you soon. Were there any individual circumstances that you think led to the AP?

Edit: Sorry. Just read the above. Hopefully you get some good news soon.

Last edited:
Were there any individual circumstances that you think led to the AP?

According to the CEAC site, AP includes:

"This status includes:
  • The visa issuance process (visa has been approved but not yet printed)
  • Pending for additional documents/information"
As the visa was verbally approved, and I haven't been asked for additional info/docs, I'm hoping that the AP means it's simply taking some time for the visas to be printed. Knowing my luck, their printer has exploded!