• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

What should I say if I forgot what I put down for my previous work history. I worked at two places at the same time before my current employment but only put down one and can't remember which one. I don't want to say the wrong place if I'm asked. Should I say at the start of the interview that I worked at two places and that I couldn't remember if I wrote down both places on my i-485 or just let the questioning start and guess one of them if they ask about previous employment. My interview is next Thursday San Antonio.

Just be honest and never guess. Just my 2cents though.

Hi,

I have an F-1 visa and am going to school in the US and I have been selected for the 2020 DV lottery. I would like to apply for an adjustment of status. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Do I send out my Form I-485 + supporting evidence documents to USCIS only when my case number is current or should I send out the documents now?

2) Is there a chance they will take my F1 visa away and I would be left with no green card and no visa?

3) I have been seeing a 90 day rule, does this apply to my case? I received my F1 Visa last week and will be attending graduate school in the spring. This is my second F-1 Visa (I had one for undergrad).

4) Can I leave the US for a couple of weeks during the 2020 fiscal year - to visit my family abroad for Christmas - or would that prevent me from getting the green card? I read some people saying it is best to stay in the US after filing this form and leave once you have the green card in your hand.

Thank you!
@Sm1smom

Dear Mom,
Today I received a decision for my spouse (principal applicant). It says new card is being produced. We are very happy with this decision and want to share this happiness with you. This is all because of your tons of support, encouragement and wealth of priceless and free information.
But there is not any decision made on my case.
1. How long does it take to get a decision on my case?
2. I am beneficiary. What are my chances of approval based on your past experiences?
Thanks Mom for your immenses of useful information and tremendous help.

Hi,

I have an F-1 visa and am going to school in the US and I have been selected for the 2020 DV lottery. I would like to apply for an adjustment of status. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Do I send out my Form I-485 + supporting evidence documents to USCIS only when my case number is current or should I send out the documents now?

2) Is there a chance they will take my F1 visa away and I would be left with no green card and no visa?

3) I have been seeing a 90 day rule, does this apply to my case? I received my F1 Visa last week and will be attending graduate school in the spring. This is my second F-1 Visa (I had one for undergrad).

4) Can I leave the US for a couple of weeks during the 2020 fiscal year - to visit my family abroad for Christmas - or would that prevent me from getting the green card? I read some people saying it is best to stay in the US after filing this form and leave once you have the green card in your hand.

Thank you!

1. When CN becomes current. You need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet to better inform yourself about the AOS process.

2. On what basis? Yes you can loose your F1 status if you violate it.

3. If you’re currently inside the US and have been for a while, you don’t need to worry about the 90 day rule. Did you just return to the US?

4. Depends on how high/low your CN is, and if you’ve already filed for AOS.

Anyway, start by reading the AOS process spreadsheet. Then post subsequent questions you may have on the 2020 AOS Thread.

Dear Mom,
Today I received a decision for my spouse (principal applicant). It says new card is being produced. We are very happy with this decision and want to share this happiness with you. This is all because of your tons of support, encouragement and wealth of priceless and free information.
But there is not any decision made on my case.
1. How long does it take to get a decision on my case?
2. I am beneficiary. What are my chances of approval based on your past experiences?
Thanks Mom for your immenses of useful information and tremendous help.

Congratulations on your spouse’s update.

1&2: I don’t know. I have no idea what’s holding up your case. You’ll just have to exercise some patience.

When did your son send in his AOS package

In May. He has now received his letter for appointment :)

Next difficulty - it asks for Texas photo I.D. - he doesn't have one. We cannot find information which states what may be used as alternative.

In May. He has now received his letter for appointment :)

Next difficulty - it asks for Texas photo I.D. - he doesn't have one. We cannot find information which states what may be used as alternative.

Isn’t state ID used as part of residency verification to confirm jurisdiction of the FO? Or is that only for naturalization cases?

Isn’t state ID used as part of residency verification to confirm jurisdiction of the FO? Or is that only for naturalization cases?
He is currently on F1 Visa - has this in his passport, lives on campus. Has had no requirement for other official ID as he doesn't drive. Passport and Student ID has been sufficient so far.

I won the 2019 DV and have been in the process of adjustment of status. My Case number is AF00035XXX, which was current in the month of june as per the Visa bulletin. I submitted by AOS file, did fingerprint on and the Online case tracking shows that it fingerprinting was completed on July 4, 2019. I have talked to the KCC officers and they informed me that I am supposed to contact USCIS to request an interview. when i call USCIS, they say I am not supposed to contact them and that I have to wait for the normal processing time. A couple of officers told me that i have to wait for 21months (which is absurd, bse the DV VISA cut off date is September 30). I have been going back an forth between KCC and USCIS and it is very frustrating. The KCC officer told me to insist bse a visa number has been available for me since June and that since i have done everything, USCIS is supposed to give me an interview immediately. KCC even adviced that I do a walk in to the local office in San Francisco but they do not receive infosPass or walk-ins appointments... It is confusing and worrying.

What do I do now? Time is not on my side.

I am not that better at responding than our dear Mom. However, I'd rather advise you to talk to a tier 2 officer on the phone when you call to USCIS customer service. Request them for an infopass for which you need a strong reason or tell them to inform your field office that you are DV case applicant and DV is very time sensitive, so that the officer will inform your FO to expedite your service.
Mom can assist you much better than me. Please correct me mom if I am wrong.

Reactions: Bbe
I am not that better at responding than our dear Mom. However, I'd rather advise you to talk to a tier 2 officer on the phone when you call to USCIS customer service. Request them for an infopass for which you need a strong reason or tell them to inform your field office that you are DV case applicant and DV is very time-sensitive, so that the officer will inform your FO to expedite your service.

Thanks for the response. I have talked to a 2 tier officer on phone who gave me the info i just relayed.

I am not that better at responding than our dear Mom. However, I'd rather advise you to talk to a tier 2 officer on the phone when you call to USCIS customer service. Request them for an infopass for which you need a strong reason or tell them to inform your field office that you are DV case applicant and DV is very time sensitive, so that the officer will inform your FO to expedite your service.

Thanks for the response. I have talked to 2 tier officer on phone who gave me the info i just relayed.

I won the 2019 DV and have been in the process of adjustment of status. My Case number is AF00035XXX, which was current in the month of june as per the Visa bulletin. I submitted by AOS file, did fingerprint on and the Online case tracking shows that it fingerprinting was completed on July 4, 2019. I have talked to the KCC officers and they informed me that I am supposed to contact USCIS to request an interview. when i call USCIS, they say I am not supposed to contact them and that I have to wait for the normal processing time. A couple of officers told me that i have to wait for 21months (which is absurd, bse the DV VISA cut off date is September 30). I have been going back an forth between KCC and USCIS and it is very frustrating. The KCC officer told me to insist bse a visa number has been available for me since June and that since i have done everything, USCIS is supposed to give me an interview immediately. KCC even adviced that I do a walk in to the local office in San Francisco but they do not receive infosPass or walk-ins appointments... It is confusing and worrying.

What do I do now? Time is not on my side.

Relax! You’ve been receiving a lot of inaccurate info both from KCC and USCIS Tier 1 / 2 customer rep. You’re not supposed to contact USCIS and request for interview, you file for AOS like you already did and wait for your FO to schedule the interview based on their workload slot availability.

Your FO, San Francisco, is aware of the fact that DV based AOS cases are time sensitive. They will schedule your interview accordingly. Meanwhile, take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets (both for DV2019 and past FYs) to get an idea of how long it typically takes your FO to schedule a DV based AOS interview. You will the links to all the Timeline spreadsheets on the AOS process spreadsheet (link available on the first post on page one of this thread).

Reactions: Bbe