• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Hey everyone - wanted to piggyback on some of the questions around getting credit in America. Nova Credit can help you transfer your credit history from Australia. This means that you can apply for certain financial products, including cards, using your Australian credit profile. Nova also has some useful resources on the site to help with the move.

(Yes I’m affiliated with Nova Credit - we're trying to spread the word and think this could help some people here!)

Question when the visa is switched from ap to issued do you get sent an email? Same with it being posted out do you generally get an email saying it’s on its way?

Hey everyone - wanted to piggyback on some of the questions around getting credit in America. Nova Credit can help you transfer your credit history from Australia. This means that you can apply for certain financial products, including cards, using your Australian credit profile. Nova also has some useful resources on the site to help with the move.

(Yes I’m affiliated with Nova Credit - we're trying to spread the word and think this could help some people here!)
What is the added benefit from using your service that someone who has a American Express credit card can’t already do for themselves?

Question when the visa is switched from ap to issued do you get sent an email? Same with it being posted out do you generally get an email saying it’s on its way?
I got an email when it went to issued.
If you have an Australia post account and you kept the number from your overnight express envelope you can enter that number and track your delivery that way

I got an email when it went to issued.
If you have an Australia post account and you kept the number from your overnight express envelope you can enter that number and track your delivery that way

Yup I’ve been checking but my documents only arrived at the consulate today. So I know I’m being impatient :p

I just want to be able to breathe that sigh of relief when I see the status change from AP to issued.

Hi guys! Longtime listener, first time poster here.

I'm wondering if any DV Oceania winners from Perth have any insight into how fast their passports were returned to them after their interview?

I have my interview on Tuesday August 13 in Sydney and am trying to gauge whether I can book an international flight for a work trip the next Tuesday.

Any help much appreciated!
Hey, I'm from Perth also!
Mine was dispatched from Sydney on Friday and hasn't arrived yet

Just wondering for those who were waiting on a SSN, how long did it take to arrive? I have one already but my wife and kids are waiting on it. Is two weeks about right? The wife is finding it tough going without one.

Just wondering for those who were waiting on a SSN, how long did it take to arrive? I have one already but my wife and kids are waiting on it. Is two weeks about right? The wife is finding it tough going without one.
I think it was a week or two before I got mine and a month for the green card

Why is she finding it difficult?

Well checked ceac tonight and the last date up dated was the 26th of June but it’s still in ap hopefully will see some movement tomorrow. I don’t know if it’s usual for the case date to be updated but the status still the same though.

Well checked ceac tonight and the last date up dated was the 26th of June but it’s still in ap hopefully will see some movement tomorrow. I don’t know if it’s usual for the case date to be updated but the status still the same though.
Yes it's normal for the last updated date to change, I've also seen it update between ready and AP several times before it's issued - so my advice is to pay no attention to the updates or their dates until it says ISSUED!!!

Congrats @Mijoro are you still planning on a July 4th arrival?

I didn’t end up purchasing a ticket as I didn’t know if my birth certificate would be back in time. That being said I have been checking airfares to see if it is still doable.

Honestly though it was just a relief to see the email come through with the words issued on it.

Question about the photographs required for the medical - Are they the US version passport photos, or Aussie version? Am assuming US?

Edited - Disregard, found it. Aussie version. Strange.