• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Actual physical green cards arrived in the post this afternoon. Exactly 24 days from entry to receipt of an actual real green card! Great news for my wife and I! Its also handy since we are actually heading to France for a holiday tomorrow - and the green card will make it so much easier to get back into the US again.

Question about the photographs required for the medical - Are they the US version passport photos, or Aussie version? Am assuming US?

Edited - Disregard, found it. Aussie version. Strange.
yes Aussie size for your medical, US size for your visa interview

Hi all, I have a question about the Police Certificate. I have received mine back, however it only has my married name on it, not my maiden name is this ok? I entered both names when filling in the form. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all, I have a question about the Police Certificate. I have received mine back, however it only has my married name on it, not my maiden name is this ok? I entered both names when filling in the form. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Mine had both names that were checked but my name was different on my birth certificate so it may be why they listed both.

Both my police checks state my current name then it says advised they have been previously known as ... and lists my other names.

If you believe you did advise of previous names when you submitted you should call AFP and ask for it to be corrected

Packet and visa arrived today. Checked the visa and all is good the packet however has a mistake.

One of my parents name is spelled incorrectly just two letters mixed up ... like writing “Micheal” instead of “Michael”

I checked the email and it says I can correct this at the entry point. Has anyone else made a correction like this before?

Honestly that seems very minor but if it was me I would contact the consulate and double check if it's a problem. But then again, I'm a worry wort.

As an aside and annoyance, I updated my address at the PoE and the officer missed out my apartment number on it so I have had to change that myself. Which is more annoying than it sounds.

Actual physical green cards arrived in the post this afternoon. Exactly 24 days from entry to receipt of an actual real green card! Great news for my wife and I! Its also handy since we are actually heading to France for a holiday tomorrow - and the green card will make it so much easier to get back into the US again.

How long did you wait for your SSN? Or did you guys already have one, I seem to recall you had GC's previously.

Why is she finding it difficult?

Nothing too major, but she couldn't get a credit card and cannot even start the application process for a drivers licence here in Texas (it seems Texas is quite strict about driver licences though, so may not apply to other states).

I have to say though that the people here have been very very helpful. They generally do everything they can to help you as the system allows.

How long did you wait for your SSN? Or did you guys already have one, I seem to recall you had GC's previously.
Yes, we still have our SSN's from last time so we are using them. It's really difficult getting stuff done without them. One other thing that I find helps is a cell phone number that aligns with the specific area where you live. It just makes you look more local.

Packet and visa arrived today. Checked the visa and all is good the packet however has a mistake.

One of my parents name is spelled incorrectly just two letters mixed up ... like writing “Micheal” instead of “Michael”

I checked the email and it says I can correct this at the entry point. Has anyone else made a correction like this before?
We corrected the address of where our greencards were being sent to at point of entry. Tell the first immigration officer you are being processed by and change it then - don't wait to go to the secondary processing stage. It worked because the green cards turned up at the corrected address...

Yes, we still have our SSN's from last time so we are using them. It's really difficult getting stuff done without them. One other thing that I find helps is a cell phone number that aligns with the specific area where you live. It just makes you look more local.
That's interesting. I have a Utah number and my wife Denver, but we live in Chicago. I haven't noticed any phone number prejudice yet.

Honestly that seems very minor but if it was me I would contact the consulate and double check if it's a problem. But then again, I'm a worry wort.

As an aside and annoyance, I updated my address at the PoE and the officer missed out my apartment number on it so I have had to change that myself. Which is more annoying than it sounds.
Bob - are you able to edit your address on your 'MyUSCIS' site - I dont seem to be able to - it looks like you can - but when I click on the address it just throws up an uneditable text box ??