• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes, we made copies of the cards. We went directly to the Field Office and handed the cards to the officer we had the interview with.
I believe the mistake was made as early as at the time the application was processed in the KCC. Likely the field officer did not realize of it while he received and later approved.

If this were the case,
1. Do you think the case would remain approved, and so a I-551 is possible?
2. If No on question #1, what do you believe is our current status? F1/F2?

Thanks for your time

You should have asked for the temporary stamp when you returned the GC to your FO in that case. If you had bothered to update the forum before returning to your FO, you would have received guidance on how to proceed. Of course the case remains approved if the return request is solely for the error they told you about.

It's on, I just received my interview letter on a G56 form: July 1.

@Sm1smom: I am leaving for an important business trip from July 11th for a week.
If I get approved and do not receive my green card before that, would I be able to leave the country and come back? Should I get a stamp for that?

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
Now I see that fellow AOSers in my region (NY) received their IL. Most of them completed their BIO after me.
My package was accepted on April 18.
What do you think? When should I follow up with USCIS?
I assume in middle of July if no IL at that time.

It's on, I just received my interview letter on a G56 form: July 1.

@Sm1smom: I am leaving for an important business trip from July 11th for a week.
If I get approved and do not receive my green card before that, would I be able to leave the country and come back? Should I get a stamp for that?

You’ll need to request for the temporary GC in that case. Your current visa becomes invalid once you become a LPR and you shouldn’t be entering the US in that visa status even if the fact that the visa is no longer valid hasn’t been communicated to CBP.

Hi Mom,
Just to share with you, I called USPS and they confirmed that my package was picked up at 6/6 at 5:30 AM , then I called USCIS to verify whether or not they have received my package and the person was very cooperative over the phone, he spent enough time looking up my A-number, my spouse's A-number and even my son's A-number and he said that he couldn't find anything! I asked if he can search by SSN but he said that won't help because if the case was received then someone should have updated the system and that the A-number would 've been associated with all my other details. He said he documented our call and he recorded my email address and phone number and asked me to call back on Monday and ask to talk to Teir 2 as he can't do anything at this point.
I will call back on Monday and will see what happens, hopefully my package is not lost.

Thanks

Your package is not lost. I suggested following up with USCIS if there’s still no acceptance notification after 30 dates of its stated delivery date. I already know nothing will show up in the system if you call now which you have just confirmed. The acceptance notification gets issued when the package has been entered into the system so the call center obviously wouldn’t find something that’s yet to go into the database.

I honestly don’t know why some of you bother to seek my opinion only to ignore it when my response isn’t in line with what you had hoped and end up doing things your way way at the end of the day. It’s a bloody waste of everyone’s time!

Mom,
If I call USCIS Call Center, are they able to tell me if the IL was sent out or not yet? Or they can only see the same statuses as I on their website? (Which has never updated so far)
Just wanna make sure, the IL didn't get lost by USPS.
Thank you in advance

Mom,
If I call USCIS Call Center, are they able to tell me if the IL was sent out or not yet? Or they can only see the same statuses as I on their website? (Which has never updated so far)
Just wanna make sure, the IL didn't get lost by USPS.
Thank you in advance

The frontline agents see exactly what you’re able to see online.

You’ll need to request for the temporary GC in that case. Your current visa becomes invalid once you become a LPR and you shouldn’t be entering the US in that visa status even if the fact that the visa is no longer valid hasn’t been communicated to CBP.

Given the timeline spreadsheet, if all stars align, I should receive it on time.
Else if I do not get the CPO on the next day, it looks like I'll need an infopass appointment for that.
Do you know where I can find more info on this process and if you heard of experience familiar with this?
Seems a bit reckless to ask the IO during the interview.

Given the timeline spreadsheet, if all stars align, I should receive it on time.
Else if I do not get the CPO on the next day, it looks like I'll need an infopass appointment for that.
Do you know where I can find more info on this process and if you heard of experience familiar with this?
Seems a bit reckless to ask the IO during the interview.

Getting a temporary GC stamp is not a listed process, it is more of a courtesy benefit the FO may be willing to provide to a LPR if the person is able to put up a convincing reason for them to do so. It’s meant to be given when a LPR needs to undertake an urgent international trip while physical GC is pending.

Obviously in this case, your IO has to indicate you’re approved right after your interview or issue an approval letter before you can even request the stamp be issued. Merely not seeing a CPO message will not be enough for them to issue the stamp, you actually have to be approved first.

Yes give it a couple more weeks.

Hang in there, Tomas! You're not alone --- I'm waiting too. I did check with KCC yesterday to see if the FO had requested the case from them, and they had back on May 10. Took a weight off my mind, at least now I know that FO is working on things. I imagine I'm just stuck in the security check for now.

Hi Mom and all,
I am just wondering what more information should be in the job verification letter except the following
1. Job title
2. Full time basis/part time
3. Annual salary

I googled it and found mostly this three info. Should employer list detailed description of my job?

Hi Mom and all,
I am just wondering what more information should be in the job verification letter except the following
1. Job title
2. Full time basis/part time
3. Annual salary

I googled it and found mostly this three info. Should employer list detailed description of my job?

Most organizations have a standard template they use for job verification letters. Present whichever your company uses.

Hang in there, Tomas! You're not alone --- I'm waiting too. I did check with KCC yesterday to see if the FO had requested the case from them, and they had back on May 10. Took a weight off my mind, at least now I know that FO is working on things. I imagine I'm just stuck in the security check for now.
I feel you.
I am thinking about the same, however I have no clue why I would have stuck in background check. Whatever.
We need to have a little more patience !

Getting a temporary GC stamp is not a listed process, it is more of a courtesy benefit the FO may be willing to provide to a LPR if the person is able to put up a convincing reason for them to do so. It’s meant to be given when a LPR needs to undertake an urgent international trip while physical GC is pending.

Obviously in this case, your IO has to indicate you’re approved right after your interview or issue an approval letter before you can even request the stamp be issued. Merely not seeing a CPO message will not be enough for them to issue the stamp, you actually have to be approved first.

What if @vladoo is on an L1 Visa ? Doesn't the Dual-Intent grant him the possibility to circumvent the entire ordeal ?

Most organizations have a standard template they use for job verification letters. Present whichever your company uses.
Thank you for the response mom. It's a small company and they do not have a template. I asked them to include all three info that I mentioned above. Hope that's good enough. Thanks!!

Looking in more detail at the required doc list in the interview letter, it looks like some of the items have been crossed or circled depending what is needed.
In this is list there is:
  1. A new Verification of Employment letter (company, job title, salary): there was already one in my AOS package and I am on L1, so technically I can't be there without being on the same job that I started when I arrived in the US.

2. Since I am in NY, what's the rule of thumb for the minimum to show in a bank account?
    Do savings accounts abroad work? I have financial statements but not translated.

3. Not sure if crossed or circled, like a G-325A.
    Should I still bring that form completed?