• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery

Chris R M

Hi,

I'm Chris from Australia and I'm new to this forum.

I was selected in the DV Lottery and I submitted my DS-160 form a month ago. I'm still at university and close to finishing a diploma.

I was wondering if I could have some assistance if this will be a problem for the interview and receiving a green card? According to the DV Lottery applications, you are required to have a degree or some form of qualification. I didn't finish school unfortunately and I wondering if this would also be a problem in the future.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I'm Chris from Australia and I'm new to this forum.

I was selected in the DV Lottery and I submitted my DS-160 form a month ago. I'm still at university and close to finishing a diploma.

I was wondering if I could have some assistance if this will be a problem for the interview and receiving a green card? According to the DV Lottery applications, you are required to have a degree or some form of qualification. I didn't finish school unfortunately and I wondering if this would also be a problem in the future.

Thank you in advance!

Yes that will be a problem.

You have to meet either the educational or work experience requirement.

http://britsimonsays.com/education-or-work-experience-qualifying-for-the-dv-lottery/

Sydney Embassy wanted to see the high school certificate. I had my degree transcripts with me and pointed him to those when he asked about my level of education. He specifically asked about high school and when I answered that I did not complete year 12 he had no interest in higher level education documents, he only wanted to review the package I prepared for work experience.

I am aware that the rules state "at least" high school but this is my personal experience with the embassy you will be interviewing at.

Middle of next year for the university degree but diploma a couple of weeks hopefully. I did a uniready problem here in Australia to get into university that should be similar to a year 12 diploma. Do you think this could help?

Sydney Embassy wanted to see the high school certificate. I had my degree transcripts with me and pointed him to those when he asked about my level of education. He specifically asked about high school and when I answered that I did not complete year 12 he had no interest in higher level education documents, he only wanted to review the package I prepared for work experience.

I am aware that the rules state "at least" high school but this is my personal experience with the embassy you will be interviewing at.

I have 4 units I had to complete to get into university. It was called a uniready problem. Do you think this could help with the interview?

I have 4 units I had to complete to get into university. It was called a uniready program. Do you think this could help at the interview stage?

I have 4 units I had to complete to get into university. It was called a uniready problem. Do you think this could help with the interview?

No that won't help. That type of program (and Equivalency certificate) is specifically excluded (the USA GED is similar).

"Education Requirements: “At least a high school education or its equivalent” in this context applies only to formal courses of study. Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable. To qualify, an alien must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or a comparable course of study in another country. Evidence might consist of a certificate of completion equivalent to a United States diploma, school transcripts, or other evidence issued by the person or organization responsible for maintaining such records, which specify the completed course of study. "

Middle of next year for the university degree but diploma a couple of weeks hopefully. I did a uniready problem here in Australia to get into university that should be similar to a year 12 diploma. Do you think this could help?

So you won’t have a university degree until next year? A diploma that is something less than a degree will not suffice.

A school qualification has to be a formal course of 12 years of education, as explained in the DV rules. It doesn’t sound to me what you describe will fit the requirements.

According to the embassy, the results of DV 2023 were made public from May 7, 2022. The results can be viewed for free by visiting the website dvprogram.state.gov. US DV Lottery Result was checked by using the DV Lottery Form Confirmation number.

@wisepiv810,
Your last post has been deleted as it is a repeat of your previous post. Do you have a specific question? If you do, then go ahead and ask as against what you currently posted.