• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Is there a diffidence b/w letter of employment and employment verification?

An employment letter is what you get when a job offer is made, there’s no indication one is currently working for the company that issued it.

An employment verification letter verifies your current status with your claimed employer.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for the prompt response. In the nicely documented AOS spreadsheet says I need enrollment verification from the school (for maintaining F1 status) and letter of employment (as evidence for employment). So I believe I need to get a new letter from school instead of the original Offer letter (I'm doing a PhD and I need to confirm the F1 status) and the current letter of contract from the university (I work as a Research assistant and I got a fellowship which supports me). Is that correct?

Dear Mom,
Thank you for the prompt response. In the nicely documented AOS spreadsheet says I need enrollment verification from the school (for maintaining F1 status) and letter of employment (as evidence for employment). So I believe I need to get a new letter from school instead of the original Offer letter (I'm doing a PhD and I need to confirm the F1 status) and the current letter of contract from the university (I work as a Research assistant and I got a fellowship which supports me). Is that correct?

Get employment verification letter in place of an employment offer letter if you can. Otherwise get whatever you can can.

Mom,

Me and my husband are under F1 status. We have filed DS260 and planing to submit AOS with our information. However my husband's lab will be moving to GA in the end of July due to lab relocation. Do you think I should mention these is somewhere in the AOS application? We will be current in July and I am the principle applicant. If everything goes well (if my early filing get accepted I think he will have to come for Bio metrics and interview is that correct?

Mom,

Me and my husband are under F1 status. We have filed DS260 and planing to submit AOS with our information. However my husband's lab will be moving to GA in the end of July due to lab relocation. Do you think I should mention these is somewhere in the AOS application? We will be current in July and I am the principle applicant. If everything goes well (if my early filing get accepted I think he will have to come for Bio metrics and interview is that correct?

Yes he’ll need to join you for bio and interview appointments.

Mom,

I have English translations of my birth, marriage and education certificates which were translated at my home country. I just saw the link on AOS spreadsheet for "Birth certificate info" and my translated documents have the seal of the sworn translator. But not the paragraph that supposed to be at the end. Will this going to cause any problem?

Mom,

I have English translations of my birth, marriage and education certificates which were translated at my home country. I just saw the link on AOS spreadsheet for "Birth certificate info" and my translated documents have the seal of the sworn translator. But not the paragraph that supposed to be at the end. Will this going to cause any problem?

Probably not.

Guys,

The I-485 instructions says that we have to answer all the questions and type N/A for those not relevant to us. For an example if I don't have kids do i have to type N/A for all the questions asked about children 1,2 and 3?

Guys,

The I-485 instructions says that we have to answer all the questions and type N/A for those not relevant to us. For an example if I don't have kids do i have to type N/A for all the questions asked about children 1,2 and 3?

Just type N/A for the first row of each one.

Hello again,

The AOS package does't contain anything from DS260. Is that correct?
Also, if AOS get denied will they revoke the current visas, for an example F1 in my case?

Hello Mom and all,

I submitted my I-485 package early May and received the copied package back late May with an I-797C notice stating my case was rejected. However, the reason for rejection was not noted anywhere on the notice. It says "Please refer to the accompanying notice (Form M-180) for further information" but such a form was not included anywhere in the package. There was just one green sheet stating "you are invited to resubmit your application package after you have corrected the reasons for the rejection" - which of course does not state the reason.

I've called USCIS but they did not have any information regarding the reason for the rejection. I also emailed Lockbox but have not heard back in over a week. I have gone through both the spreadsheet and the official USCIS instruction to make sure nothing is missing, to the best of my knowledge.

The only thing I could do now, before my medical exam expires past 60 days, is resubmit a new I-485 with a letter describing the fact above..... I wanted to see if you happen to have seen a similar instance or have an idea for a better action. Thank you so much.

Hello Mom and all,

I submitted my I-485 package early May and received the copied package back late May with an I-797C notice stating my case was rejected. However, the reason for rejection was not noted anywhere on the notice. It says "Please refer to the accompanying notice (Form M-180) for further information" but such a form was not included anywhere in the package. There was just one green sheet stating "you are invited to resubmit your application package after you have corrected the reasons for the rejection" - which of course does not state the reason.

I've called USCIS but they did not have any information regarding the reason for the rejection. I also emailed Lockbox but have not heard back in over a week. I have gone through both the spreadsheet and the official USCIS instruction to make sure nothing is missing, to the best of my knowledge.

The only thing I could do now, before my medical exam expires past 60 days, is resubmit a new I-485 with a letter describing the fact above..... I wanted to see if you happen to have seen a similar instance or have an idea for a better action. Thank you so much.

Chicago Lockbox strikes again with their silly M-180!

Carefully go over your forms and confirm all the applicable sections that should be signed are signed. Confirm your DV administrative fee payment is included. If every other thing is in order, I think you got a rejection due to early filing - when is your CN current?

Couple of other instances in the past referencing form M-180 which never got included with the rejected package:
AOS 2018
AOS 2013

And you waited over a week to report it here? Oh well! I would have thought this forum would have been your first port of call considering the guidance you’ve received to date.

Hi All

I got approval case status update two days ago . Previous status F1 OPT. Interview was short and straight forward. The FO was very nice. He asked for my college degree, EAD card copy and passport copy (I had included the last 2 items with the package, but he took my documents and made copies again). He went through the questions and asked about my employer. At the end of the interview, he said everything you said was accurate and I will get a decision by mail.
4 days later I received the approval email.

Thanks mom and this forum for all your help !!!
Good luck to all.

Hi All

I got approval case status update two days ago . Previous status F1 OPT. Interview was short and straight forward. The FO was very nice. He asked for my college degree, EAD card copy and passport copy (I had included the last 2 items with the package, but he took my documents and made copies again). He went through the questions and asked about my employer. At the end of the interview, he said everything you said was accurate and I will get a decision by mail.

Good luck to all.

Congratulations and thanks for coming out of the ‘woods’ to share your interview experience. Please update the 2019 Timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Hi All

Good luck to all.
Congratulations!!!