• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

you are right. i just tried to see if i can change some information for others and I was able to do that. I assume maybe someone removed you by mistake!

Happy update: I received a text saying there has been action taken on my case today. The website says my case has been approved... but I'm not going to celebrate until I have the Green Card in my hands (regardless of how ugly my picture turned out :oops:)

1. The IL you received from your FO is a generic one used for all AOS petitions. An I-864 is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions, an I-134 is used in place of it.

2. You should plan on taking along any document that can be used to convince your IO you’re not likely to become a public charge. Don’t limit yourself.
Okay that make sense. I will be taking a letter from my employer stating my salary. Hope that would help. Thanks!

Someone has removed my information from the spreadsheet. I wonder who did it and why?

Do you remember when last (date) you saw your info on the spreadsheet? This will help narrow down in finding out what happened to your timeline.

@Xarthisius :
I have seen the monthly call on @Britsimon 's blog to get scrapin'.
Does the scraping account for visa issued for AOS?
I guess that it is not the case since some people do not even submit their DS-260; not sure what happens to AOSers would submitted it and were already Approved.
Can you account for these? And is there a way to check the remaining available visas for us AOSers?

@Xarthisius :
I have seen the monthly call on @Britsimon 's blog to get scrapin'.
Does the scraping account for visa issued for AOS?
I guess that it is not the case since some people do not even submit their DS-260; not sure what happens to AOSers would submitted it and were already Approved.
Can you account for these? And is there a way to check the remaining available visas for us AOSers?

No - the scraping does not cover AOS cases.

But visas running out will not be a concern in DV2019, so don't worry about that.

No - the scraping does not cover AOS cases.

But visas running out will not be a concern in DV2019, so don't worry about that.

Thanks, DV-2019 is treating us well so far, can't complain; just want to check if you had a magic trick up your sleeve to check for AOS visa availability - gotta keep yourself occupied during this long wait and since Game of Thrones is over.
My only reasonable fear is Administrative Processing at this point ;)

Thanks, DV-2019 is treating us well so far, can't complain; just want to check if you had a magic trick up your sleeve to check for AOS visa availability - gotta keep yourself occupied during this long wait and since Game of Thrones is over.

In addition to what Simon already said above, visas do not get reserved or set aside for AOSers. In a year where visas are likely to run out before the end of the FY, the IO will only find out there are no more visas when they try to assign one at the end of the interview, if a memo was yet to go out informing the FO there are no more visas.

Hi @Sm1smom ,
I had my biometrics a month ago and called USCIS to try to expedite my process for the I-485. Check the status and they are saying :

On May 30, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number TXX, was completed.
On May 30, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B1501903972SFR.
On May 30, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number TXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

Does it mean that the expedite process was accepted?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @Sm1smom ,
I had my biometrics a month ago and called USCIS to try to expedite my process for the I-485. Check the status and they are saying :

On May 30, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number TXX, was completed.
On May 30, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B1501903972SFR.
On May 30, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number TXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

Does it mean that the expedite process was accepted?
Thanks in advance!

You previously said you did a walk-in bio on May 6th, that’s not quite a month and you’ve already initiated an expedite request? If you utilize all the available follow up opportunities when you really ought to be exercising some patience, how will you follow up on your case when you most need it then?

Anyway, the above message doesn’t mean your expedite request has been approved. The message means exactly what it says: your request has been assigned to someone to review - there’s no coded or hidden meaning in it.

AOS visa available is basically what is left from the total allocation for each region. But since the process got messed up this year, and it was an underselected year, there will be PLENTY of visas left, so again - there is no concern.

Hi Mom,

I did a big mistake in AOS package. I forgot to write the amount in words on the check to the us department of home land security. will it bounce ?
I am planing to resubmit another package soon, is it good to resubmit another package or do I've to wait until I get a response.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

I did a big mistake in AOS package. I forgot to write the amount in words on the check to the us department of home land security. will it bounce ?
I am planing to resubmit another package soon, is it good to resubmit another package or do I've to wait until I get a response.

Thanks in advance.

1. I don’t know
2. Not a good idea. You just have to wait and see if your package gets accepted or rejected and sent back.

Hello Mom,
I am preparing my AOS package and I am a PhD student. My employment letter says I will be supported till August for a stipend of $5000. I am the current applicant. My spouse is also a PhD student and his employment letter again supports till August for a stipend of $7500. Do you think I will need to fill an I-134 affidavit support?

Happy update: I received a text saying there has been action taken on my case today. The website says my case has been approved... but I'm not going to celebrate until I have the Green Card in my hands (regardless of how ugly my picture turned out :oops:)
Yay congrats.
By the way on gc they put the picture that i took while bio apt(with no make up). They didnt take the one that i included with aos package for some reason.

Hello Mom,
I am preparing my AOS package and I am a PhD student. My employment letter says I will be supported till August for a stipend of $5000. I am the current applicant. My spouse is also a PhD student and his employment letter again supports till August for a stipend of $7500. Do you think I will need to fill an I-134 affidavit support?

I recommend you get an I-134 as a backup Financial evidence document.

Yay congrats.
By the way on gc they put the picture that i took while bio apt(with no make up). They didnt take the one that i included with aos package for some reason.

The bio picture is the one that is always used for the GC. The picture included with the AOS package is never used on the GC, that picture is used for verification purpose.