• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Well I received our two passports back with the Visa's in them this morning. Thus end a one year and two weeks long process from when we found out that we'd been 'selected for further processing'. Its cutting it a bit fine because we are leaving for the states next Wednesday - the 5th June so its good to have the visa's and passports in our physical possession. We are entering via SFO and our flight gets in in the evening - so it will be interesting to see how that all goes. This is actually our 2nd go at this - we both had green cards during the initial 'dot-com' boom and lived and worked in silicon valley - but they lapsed when we returned to Australia after our son was born. So that's it for us. We have almost everything sorted, last day of work is this Friday, our house sale here settles next Monday and then its California!

Cheers, and thanks, Jim.

I leave on June 16, enter via LA, spend a few days there and then onwards to Austin.

Also not my first time either, like Jim this will be my second green card (first for the rest of the family though).

Well I received our two passports back with the Visa's in them this morning. Thus end a one year and two weeks long process from when we found out that we'd been 'selected for further processing'. Its cutting it a bit fine because we are leaving for the states next Wednesday - the 5th June so its good to have the visa's and passports in our physical possession. We are entering via SFO and our flight gets in in the evening - so it will be interesting to see how that all goes. This is actually our 2nd go at this - we both had green cards during the initial 'dot-com' boom and lived and worked in silicon valley - but they lapsed when we returned to Australia after our son was born. So that's it for us. We have almost everything sorted, last day of work is this Friday, our house sale here settles next Monday and then its California!

Cheers, and thanks, Jim.

Have you chosen where to live yet?

I leave on June 16, enter via LA, spend a few days there and then onwards to Austin.

Also not my first time either, like Jim this will be my second green card (first for the rest of the family though).

Good time to move to Austin. Lots of good jobs there, affordable housing and good weather.

Have you chosen where to live yet?
Well, we are planning on living in San Luis Obispo (CA) - my wife has friends there and I dont really want to live in the 'valley' again. I'm going to be working for a 'start-up' so location-wise that will allow me to be pretty flexible - at least at first.

So happy you have your passports back in time for your trip next week. So exciting and it will be interesting to hear how you get on with activating in SFO.
@Bob22 do you have your passports back yet?

I’m going to Hawaii end of July for activation trip. Prob the last chance I’ll get to go there before it’s work work work. plus it will be good to escape the “harsh” Sydney winter for a week.
My family and work mates are excited for me but also think I’m nuts so for piece of mind Im taking a 12 month “career break” just to be safe incase it all goes pear shaped. I plan to make the final move to LA with my dog in January, it will be easier to find work then after the holiday season and gives me a good six months to save my ass off!
I have a solid network of friends over there and can’t wait to be closer to them!

Pretty sure lots of people think I'm nuts also, although they're too polite to say it to me. Then again, most of them don't need to spend a million dollars just to get a house.

Well, we are planning on living in San Luis Obispo (CA) - my wife has friends there and I dont really want to live in the 'valley' again. I'm going to be working for a 'start-up' so location-wise that will allow me to be pretty flexible - at least at first.

Ahhhhhh yes, I remember you saying that now. Pretty cool.

So, as I said, above, we’ll be activating next Wednesday at SFO. Does anyone know if they have a specific line in immigration for ‘new immigrants’ or do you just line up with every one else?

So, as I said, above, we’ll be activating next Wednesday at SFO. Does anyone know if they have a specific line in immigration for ‘new immigrants’ or do you just line up with every one else?
You just gotta keep asking the staff where to go. They should know what you're talking about. There probably won't be any signs.

When I came back in with advance parole I asked lots of people. You don't want to be standing for ages in the wrong line.