Asylum status changed!

oliver_68

Hi all,

My asylum status was always stating "Pending Decision", this morning it changed to

"Fees Were Waived
On April 12, 2019, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,..."

I did not submit any EID renewal and never asked for fee waiver! What does this mean?

Thanks!

My time line is as follows:
Apply for asylum in Texas: July 2015
Interview data: September 2018

HI all! I just received my official asylum approval letter in the mail! So the status check change meant approval!! Thanks for those who replied and those who viewed my post.

Good luck to all!

HI all! I just received my official asylum approval letter in the mail! So the status check change meant approval!! Thanks for those who replied and those who viewed my post.

Good luck to all!
Congratulations!!!! Please share your timeline. How long did you wait to get interviewed? How long did it take for the decision after interview?

Congratulations!!!! Please share your timeline. How long did you wait to get interviewed? How long did it take for the decision after interview?
Thanks Ayylee!
I applied to Houston Asylum office in July 2015, my interview was scheduled on September 2018 (so I waited 3 years and two months to be interviewed). I contacted the asylum office via email in November 2018 and they told me my case is pending security check. On December 2018, after I waited too long after the interview without any news, I contacted the congressman office in my area and they contacted the asylum office ( I honestly don't know if this helped or not). On April 2019 I received the approval notice. Two days before I have received the approval notice, my asylum case online status check changed from "Decision Pending" to "Fees were waived". So you can say I waited 7 months after the interview to get the decision.

Thank you replying.. I am very happy for youband congratulations again. I have been waiting for 6 months since the interview. I was interviewed in October 2018. I applied in 2014. I wrote a letter to congress too but my decision is still pending. Nevertheless I am happy for you take care

Thank you replying.. I am very happy for youband congratulations again. I have been waiting for 6 months since the interview. I was interviewed in October 2018. I applied in 2014. I wrote a letter to congress too but my decision is still pending. Nevertheless I am happy for you take care
Thanks! Hopefully you will hear good news soon :) Good luck!

Thanks Ayylee!
I applied to Houston Asylum office in July 2015, my interview was scheduled on September 2018 (so I waited 3 years and two months to be interviewed). I contacted the asylum office via email in November 2018 and they told me my case is pending security check. On December 2018, after I waited too long after the interview without any news, I contacted the congressman office in my area and they contacted the asylum office ( I honestly don't know if this helped or not). On April 2019 I received the approval notice. Two days before I have received the approval notice, my asylum case online status check changed from "Decision Pending" to "Fees were waived". So you can say I waited 7 months after the interview to get the decision.
How did you contact the congressman? Can you please explain.

How did you contact the congressman? Can you please explain.
I visited their office and filled a form. Then they will contact USCIS on your behalf and call you when they here from them to let you know what USCIS has told them. Hope this is clear!

No, not at all! It is a service they provide to their communities.
Is it a useful thing to do or you think it is useless? Did they ever contact you the congressman? If yes how many weeks or days took them to contact you back ?

Is it a useful thing to do or you think it is useless? Did they ever contact you the congressman? If yes how many weeks or days took them to contact you back ?
I think it can be useful, if not, it is not going to hurt. In my case, just a week after I contacted them they contacted me back and told me what USCIS has told them, and they gave more details than what I received from the asylum office when I emailed them. I believe they will have a positive influence on speeding up the process. Again, if there is no good, there is definitely no harm of getting them involved.

I think it can be useful, if not, it is not going to hurt. In my case, just a week after I contacted them they contacted me back and told me what USCIS has told them, and they gave more details than what I received from the asylum office when I emailed them. I believe they will have a positive influence on speeding up the process. Again, if there is no good, there is definitely no harm of getting them involved.
Hi oliver, my interview took place back in August 2017, i inquired three times, the first two time inquired my self and their response was "case is pending for background check" third time was in january 2019 through congressman and their reply was "case is under supervisory review pending a final decision" and since then i havnt heard any thing. Could you share what reply you got throug your congressman ?

Hi oliver, my interview took place back in August 2017, i inquired three times, the first two time inquired my self and their response was "case is pending for background check" third time was in january 2019 through congressman and their reply was "case is under supervisory review pending a final decision" and since then i havnt heard any thing. Could you share what reply you got throug your congressman ?
The same thing! I think security checks these days are taking very long time and keep going into endless loop until someone pulls your case out of that loop, and thats what might have happened when the congressman office intervened in your case. I think you may hear something soon. Try to contact the congressman office again, but don't be pushy. Also, keep your eyes on the online case status tool and subscribe to email and sms updates, so when there is an update on your case you will get notified promptly.