• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi @pittsandpieces ,

Just want to share my assemble experience. I did not use any envelopes. I just used small binder clips. Also I used tabs to separate my package and two whole punch on the top of the package (it is not necessary, but since I work in the office I have those office supplies). Put it into one big envelope and send. If helpful I used this link to get an idea of how to assemble the package:

Amazing resource! Thank you for sharing this with me. I really appreciate it! Sending my package off tomorrow!!

1. If you’re including an I-134 with the applicable supporting documents, you can do without including your bank documents. Forget the car documents, it’s not adding any value to the package.

2. You can write your full name, makes it easier to relate to the package in case they fall off.

3. Not necessary IMO.

Thank you kindly for your response Mom. Sending my AOS Package off tomorrow. Excited and nervous about getting it all in motion. :)

@Sm1smom Hi Mom, got a few more questions,

1. I saw this in the I-485 Instructions PDF and wanted to ask if it is actually necessary to submit I-508. (See Attached Image) Nowhere that I've seen in the Spreadsheet seems to suggest needing it but it does specially mention E visas, and I'm on an E-3. I'm guessing probably not as I don't believe I have any Diplomatic Privileges and Immunities but just wanted to double check.

2. I actually ended up receiving the Australian Federal Police Check I requested. I know it's stated that it is not needed in the AOS Package but is it worth including if I have it with me? I have no criminal record or anything - super clean.

3. My friend who completed I-134 Affidavit of Support for me did some answers Typed and some Written - is that an issue? Is it worth retyping the answers he wrote and printing those pages out? (Guessing only the signature page needs to remain unchanged and the original).

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 1.14.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 1.14.03 PM.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
@Sm1smom Hi Mom, got a few more questions,

1. I saw this in the I-485 Instructions PDF and wanted to ask if it is actually necessary to submit I-508. (See Attached Image) Nowhere that I've seen in the Spreadsheet seems to suggest needing it but it does specially mention E visas, and I'm on an E-3. I'm guessing probably not as I don't believe I have any Diplomatic Privileges and Immunities but just wanted to double check.

2. I actually ended up receiving the Australian Federal Police Check I requested. I know it's stated that it is not needed in the AOS Package but is it worth including if I have it with me? I have no criminal record or anything - super clean.

3. My friend who completed I-134 Affidavit of Support for me did some answers Typed and some Written - is that an issue? Is it worth retyping the answers he wrote and printing those pages out? (Guessing only the signature page needs to remain unchanged and the original).

Thanks! :)

1. Take another look at the AOS process spreadsheet, (AOS Package tab), line 10 to be precise talks about I-508.

2. Your call if you want to include it. The AOS process spreadsheet already clearly states it is not required.

3. I recommend a consistency in how the form is filled out - either fully type or hand print the entire form.

1. Take another look at the AOS process spreadsheet, (AOS Package tab), line 10 to be precise talks about I-508.

2. Your call if you want to include it. The AOS process spreadsheet already clearly states it is not required.

3. I recommend a consistency in how the form is filled out - either fully type or hand print the entire form.

Gah, I feel so silly. I knew that was in there but didn't cross-reference that it was the same form. My apologies for wasting your time of that one Mom.

Another question for everyone, in the I-485 form instruction PDF, it states to add N/A to any question not applicable. Given I am Single with no dependents, there are a lot of blank spaces in the form. Is it necessary to place N/A in all of these spaces? Or is it fine to leave them Blank. Obviously I answered a NO or Zero/0 for any questions with an option to select a yes or no or state Zero (usually the first in the Part/Question). But when went to add N/A in the not applicable fields, I noticed the PDF wouldn't allow a / to be used and only letters. So I left them blank but don't want that to be an issue if it would seem as one.

Hi David,

I didn't complete DS-160 but I did complete the DS-260 if that is what you meant. I completed DS-160's for both my J-1 and E-3 visas but from all of the information stated in the AOS Spreadsheet and what I researched, nonwhere seemed to suggest completing DS-160 was necessary. I'm assuming because it is for when you apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa and since you're applying for Permanent Residency, it is a different application: Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registrant Application (DS-260)

But I'd recommend doing the DS-260 if you're processing via AOS.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou- sorry I totally meant DS-260, my mistake. I assume your aussie/NZ due to J1 and E3 visas ;)

Good luck on your AOS process. My number not till around 950 so I got still a bit of a wait before it hopefully becomes current.

Gah, I feel so silly. I knew that was in there but didn't cross-reference that it was the same form. My apologies for wasting your time of that one Mom.

Another question for everyone, in the I-485 form instruction PDF, it states to add N/A to any question not applicable. Given I am Single with no dependents, there are a lot of blank spaces in the form. Is it necessary to place N/A in all of these spaces? Or is it fine to leave them Blank. Obviously I answered a NO or Zero/0 for any questions with an option to select a yes or no or state Zero (usually the first in the Part/Question). But when went to add N/A in the not applicable fields, I noticed the PDF wouldn't allow a / to be used and only letters. So I left them blank but don't want that to be an issue if it would seem as one.

You’re not expected to fill out every single line that’s not applicable to you with N/A. You can do so with the first row and leave the rest blank - just use your discretion. And it is acceptable to simply type in “NA” since the system does not accept “/“

...and the GreenCard arrived today! Yay!

Incredible.That took exactly a week from the interview to it arriving in the mail.

That was by far the speediest part of this entire process.

I just have a quick question -

My understanding was that you receive a 2 year Greencard first, then you apply for the 10 year after that expires. They have sent me a 10 year GreenCard off the bat. Is that normal?

Incredible either way, i just wanna be sure it is not some kind of accidental printing error on the card.

Thanks.

Incredible.That took exactly a week from the interview to it arriving in the mail.

My understanding was that you receive a 2 year Greencard first, then you apply for the 10 year after that expires. They have sent me a 10 year GreenCard off the bat. Is that normal?

Incredible either way, i just wanna be sure it is not some kind of accidental printing error on the card.

Thanks.
Fantastic, that is great news Timmy. I think the 2 year one is only for spouses getting green cards. Was there any welcome letter?

Thanks.

Congratulations.DV based AOSers receive the 10 year GC. The two year conditional GC is for marriage based AOS petition where the couple has been married for less than two years.

Congratulations.DV based AOSers receive the 10 year GC. The two year conditional GC is for marriage based AOS petition where the couple has been married for less than two years.
Okay, great. Thanks guys!
That is even more fantastic news, i kept thinking a 2 years was first.

Thanks again guys - I have spent my 7 previous years here in the US constantly concerned about the limitations of my visas at the time - worrying about employment limitations that each visa presented, and expiry and renewal issues/costs.

After the ardous journey of prepping for the DV AOS last year, and this final amazing approval - i feel like a weight of hundreds of pounds has been removed from my back. Thanks in large part to all you guys. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!

Thanks again, and best of luck with all your future endeavors.

Hi all,

I got some questions:
1- I'll become current in March. Can I use form I-693 and I-485 with expiration dates 2/28/2019 and 6/30/2019 printed on them, respectively? are there new forms and where are they at?
2- I have just paid $330 and got a DV fee paid receipt via Email. Can I print the receipt and include it in my AOS package or should I use the one they mail to me (if any)?
Thanks

Thankyou- sorry I totally meant DS-260, my mistake. I assume your aussie/NZ due to J1 and E3 visas ;)

Good luck on your AOS process. My number not till around 950 so I got still a bit of a wait before it hopefully becomes current.

Thank you kindly! I hope your application goes well for too! :)

You’re not expected to fill out every single line that’s not applicable to you with N/A. You can do so with the first row and leave the rest blank - just use your discretion. And it is acceptable to simply type in “NA” since the system does not accept “/“

Thank you kindly Mom. Gonna amend some of my forms with the information you just gave me and send it all off tomorrow. Exciting! Really appreciate everyone's help!

Hi mom.
Please answer my question.
Our family has a work permit, in half a year the validity period ends. We need to submit a new form to get a work permit again.
1. How should I submit, separately from the package of documents AOS or together with the package of documents?
2. If I apply for a work permit together in a package of documents AOS, do I have to pay for it, since this is not the first time I will receive it?
Thank you!

Hi all,

I got some questions:
1- I'll become current in March. Can I use form I-693 and I-485 with expiration dates 2/28/2019 and 6/30/2019 printed on them, respectively? are there new forms and where are they at?
2- I have just paid $330 and got a DV fee paid receipt via Email. Can I print the receipt and include it in my AOS package or should I use the one they mail to me (if any)?
Thanks

1. Yes those are the current forms.

2. Yes the printout is acceptable.

Hi mom.
Please answer my question.
Our family has a work permit, in half a year the validity period ends. We need to submit a new form to get a work permit again.
1. How should I submit, separately from the package of documents AOS or together with the package of documents?
2. If I apply for a work permit together in a package of documents AOS, do I have to pay for it, since this is not the first time I will receive it?
Thank you!

1. Your current work permit is not AOS based, so if you’re applying for a renewal it needs to be done separate from your AOS package. You’ll need to include whatever the supporting documents are that qualify you for the renewal.

2. There’s no payment for an AOS based EAD card application. The AOS based EAD card application which you may include with your AOS petition will be the first one in this case which is different from an EAD renewal based on your current status.

For a renewal of your current EAD based on your present status, you’ll need to figure out what’s required with it. I can’t guide you on that since it is not a part of the DV based AOS process.

Hello folks,

A short question. I am asking my friend to fill out the i134 on behalf of me. What documents should i ask him to give me to be an evidence of that form?

Does signing this form put him on huge responsibility?

Hello folks,

A short question. I am asking my friend to fill out the i134 on behalf of me. What documents should i ask him to give me to be an evidence of that form?

Does signing this form put him on huge responsibility?

Photo id/1040/W2/Payslips

No, the I134 is financially unenforceable.