• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi Brit,
Yesterday an AoSer from AF got his approval after 20 minutes of his interview, which’s on the mid of August.
Is it a visa returned on July or what that could be?
Thanks

I don't know, but yes - there are probably some visas available from July denials.

Reactions: W.M
I don't know, but yes - there are probably some visas available from July denials.

Any thoughts as to why they’d be handing them to AOS applicants while telling CP applicants already interviewed but on AP that they need to wait till September to see if visas are available?

Reactions: W.M
Any thoughts as to why they’d be handing them to AOS applicants while telling CP applicants already interviewed but on AP that they need to wait till September to see if visas are available?

I think it's just the way they process. As we are in the middle of the month, visas will have been released in the system by denials from the previous month. IVAMS, probably gets immediate access to those visa numbers, hopefully by region. But for CP, there is a cadence(business process if you like) to how they redistribute to cases at embassies. I understand the cadence, but not the method that they prioritize those cases. The cadence means they are unable to "turn on a dime" for CP cases - and that's why we will see wasted visas at the end of the year, along with stories of people that missed out because of timing.

I think it's just the way they process. As we are in the middle of the month, visas will have been released in the system by denials from the previous month. IVAMS, probably gets immediate access to those visa numbers, hopefully by region. But for CP, there is a cadence(business process if you like) to how they redistribute to cases at embassies. I understand the cadence, but not the method that they prioritize those cases. The cadence means they are unable to "turn on a dime" for CP cases - and that's why we will see wasted visas at the end of the year, along with stories of people that missed out because of timing.

By the way, I believe the low starting DV2019 numbers are at least partly to do with the efforts the VO/KCC know will be needed to give DV2018 the best shot. It's a workload thing - in my opinion.

Hello mom. I read in this forum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx we can call
3046255590 if would like to know if background check is complete or not. Is that true ?

I’ve edited your post by removing the name of that forum because that forum doesn’t allow their members to include information about other forums in their posts - call it a tit for tat action :)

Anyway, regarding your question, that used to be possible a while back (you will notice the first post on the link I edited is from 2012). Other sub forums here have also talked about this being possible in the past.

The FBI no longer provide updates on USCIS requested background checks to third parties, they only provide the updates directly to USCIS. However feel free to call the number (I left it in place) and find out for yourself.

Hi, I am also from Houston. How did you schedule your infopass? Whenever I check the infopass website I get the message "There are no available appointment slots for this date". BTW, do you happen to know the name of the officer handling DV cases?

Yes it’s really hard. Check everyday between 12 AM and 3 AM

OMG!

My Status and my Wife's just changed to "New Card Is Being Produced"!!

I almost cried when my wife told me just now.

@Sm1smom and @Britsimon, and even everyone else who have been relentlessly helping me with my questions, supporting me all the way, I just wanted to say thank you so so much. I know that all of this wouldn't have been possible without all of your help!

I still can't believe this! My hands are shaking as I'm typing this!

OMG!

@Sm1smom and @Britsimon, and even everyone else who have been relentlessly helping me with my questions, supporting me all the way, I just wanted to say thank you so so much. I know that all of this wouldn't have been possible without all of your help!

Congrats :)

I received my green card but not the welcome package yet. Do they send it to everyone? What does it contain? Is it important?
Thank you.

OMG!

Congratulations finally

OMG!

Congrats,
Cried, I know what you are meaning.
Enjoy it

Hi mom and everyone.
I received the Interview letter and it will be in September 17. Is is too late? what do you advice me to do.
Should I do info pass to try with them doing in spot interview?

I just had a second infopass in NY FO for Asia region, and the lady said my file has been received from KCC and is with the immigration officer now. I asked if background check has been completed and she said it has to be if the case file has been sent and received. The FO only receives the case file once everything is ready and background check has been completed. She also said NBC sends it out once background check is completed.

During my last infopass on 8/1, the lady said the file has been received on 7/31 but the background check had not been completed yet.

Has my background check actually been completed?

Hi mom and everyone.
I received the Interview letter and it will be in September 17. Is is too late? what do you advice me to do.
Should I do info pass to try with them doing in spot interview?
Hi reza,
I'm also Asia region and my interview is scheduled for 9/12. It should be fine as long as we prepare the documents thoroughly. I tried asking if I could do on The spot interview today at my infopass but she said no, just make sure to turn up on 9/12. Which FO are you at? Good luck!