Re-Entry permit and 10 Year Green Card Expiry

Sariana

I am about to return to the USA to apply for my 2nd Re-Entry Permit (hoping it is approved for 2 years). However, my Green Card (10 year) expires in Dec 2019, for which I will have to return to the States to reapply for a new one. My questions are, if I have a valid Re-Entry permit in Dec 2019- will my new Green Card be approved? Also, could I do both together when I go there in Sep this year (this will be 13 months earlier than the 10 year expiry date)

Thank you kindly for your help.

Last edited:
I am about to return to the USA to apply for my 2nd Re-Entry Permit (hoping it is approved for 2 years). However, my Green Card (10 year) expires in Dec 2019, for which I will have to return to the States to reapply for a new one. My questions are, if I have a valid Re-Entry permit in Dec 2019- will my new Green Card be approved? Also, could I do both together when I go there in Sep this year (this will be 13 months earlier than the 10 year expiry date)

Thank you kindly for your help.
6 months before is the earliest you can renew your green card I dont think you can file 13 months before .
A re entry permit just preserves your GC . Status showing you didnt plan on abandoning your permanent residency.

Just return before your green card expires in 2019 and apply for a renewal!!