• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

April 2018 Visa Bulletin

Nick78

AFRICA: 24,800
Except:
Egypt: 16,400
Ethiopia: 23,600

ASIA: 6,425
Except:
Nepal: 5,300

EUROPE: 18,050

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 14

OCEANIA: 1,025

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 1,100

EU is moving so slow. My case number is around 27k... I’m starting to get nervous. Is there still hope? I saw the estimates that were posted a while ago but it seems like the numbers are still not increasing any faster.

AFRICA: 24,800
Except:
Egypt: 16,400
Ethiopia: 23,600

ASIA: 6,425
Except:
Nepal: 5,300

EUROPE: 18,050

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 14

OCEANIA: 1,025

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 1,100
Did you get this from the regular address? The State Department website seems to have crashed (?)

Yes I got it form the State Department website

travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-april-2018.html

Thanks for posting this - wow this is low for the EU region. Not too sure what to think, being EU292XX, though I still have my fingers crossed for August/September but I hope I am being reasonable? :/

@Britsimon thank you for your article on your blog. What do you consider as high EU CN ?

I don't think any case under 30,000 has to be concerned - but in past analysis I have mentioned that the danger zone for EU seems to be starting about 33XXX, but I really thought we might see 36. . Due to the last 2 VBs (where a low number of interviews have been scheduled), I really doubt we will see 35 or 36 - so now I am hoping to see 34XXX - but even that seems optimistic.

I'll be posting an explanation on my blog as soon as I can.

Hi Mom!
My number will be current in May ( CP case).
Do I have to schedule my interview or will I be given a date for my interview by my Consular Office ?
Moreover, how long does it take to get the 2nd notification letter ( if I get one under consular processing) ?

Sorry for my ignorance and thank you for your answer :)

For all regions, not just EU?

AS is really difficult to know what will happen - such a large percentage of the selectees are affected by the ban. But - we don't know the ban will stay in force, and even if it does, we don't know how KCC will reallocate the unused visas.

AF is progressing reasonably well - again there are ban impacts - but not such a great percentage as AS.

OC and SA are going according to expectation.

Hi Mom!
My number will be current in May ( CP case).
Do I have to schedule my interview or will I be given a date for my interview by my Consular Office ?
Moreover, how long does it take to get the 2nd notification letter ( if I get one under consular processing) ?

Sorry for my ignorance and thank you for your answer :)

KCC schedule the interviews and send out the 2NLs (interview notification).

@Britsimon Hope you are doing well, quick question I would appreciate your answer. I have filled out DS-260 almost 2 months ago, but my CN isn't current yet and it's going to be CP. Do I receive notification or have any way to learn if my DS-260 has been processed? Or should I just wait 2NL?

Thanks

@Britsimon Hope you are doing well, quick question I would appreciate your answer. I have filled out DS-260 almost 2 months ago, but my CN isn't current yet and it's going to be CP. Do I receive notification or have any way to learn if my DS-260 has been processed? Or should I just wait 2NL?

Thanks

No status update gets sent regarding the DS260. When your CN becomes current (and KCC is done processing your DS260), you’ll receive an email notification of your scheduled interview.

Hey guys!...i have a question i have the num 10xx in SA and i see then munber for this region being 1100 and i havent received anything...is this like this or im wrong??...
Thanks in advance...

Hey guys!...i have a question i have the num 10xx in SA and i see then munber for this region being 1100 and i havent received anything...is this like this or im wrong??...
Thanks in advance...

It's normal. You won't get your 2NL for about 2 weeks.

@Xarthisius
I noticed you added a summary table to the website - nice feature!
But for some reason I have a discrepancy between the table and the excel sheets you publish, and was wondering which one was off. For Asia, 3/20 for instance is:
Issued: 2282 AP: 635 Ready: 2282 Refused: 934 (excel)
Issued: 2282 AP: 765 Ready: 1850 Refused:1248 (table)

Does the table incorporate additional sources? Or is it an error on my end?
Thanks!

@Xarthisius
I noticed you added a summary table to the website - nice feature!
But for some reason I have a discrepancy between the table and the excel sheets you publish, and was wondering which one was off. For Asia, 3/20 for instance is:
Issued: 2282 AP: 635 Ready: 2282 Refused: 934 (excel)
Issued: 2282 AP: 765 Ready: 1850 Refused:1248 (table)

Does the table incorporate additional sources? Or is it an error on my end?
Thanks!
No, it's using the same data. I'm just more careful when assigning status. It's not a trivial sum column operation.
Issues count is probably lower than it should be, because my algorithm was slightly overestimating it. I haven't figured out the reason yet.