• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

and just to clarify if I understand that clearly the time in between the biometric app and the interview (if Any) actually depends on the back ground check so not really a general time line for that ?

and just to clarify if I understand that clearly the time in between the biometric app and the interview (if Any) actually depends on the back ground check so not really a general time line for that ?

It largely depends on the FO’s workload. It is not unusual for a not so busy FO to schedule an interview with a pending background. The case just wouldn’t be approved in that case until the background check clears. You can get a timeline idea by reviewing past Timelines spreadsheets.

My FO SAN ANTONIO TX is not avpopular one very few cases every year, really hard to tell, and I heard they are actually way behind for other cases other than DV!!

Dear Mom and others,

Thank you all for your precious guidance.
I am a medical Dr doing research with a J1 research scholar visa in Cleveland (no 2 year back home rule). My case number is 2018EU00015*** (probably be current in April). I am applying for a Surgery residency and might start my training in middle June. I looked at your Google excel sheets and it seems very unlikely that I will receive the GC within that date.
What is your opinion?

Thanks

FYI, you might not get anything except the actual letter though, if they don't update the 'Case Status' online. At least, that is my case.

Online status doesn’t get updated, that’s been started over and over again. However, can you confirm if you registered online for updates notifications?

Dear Mom and others,

Thank you all for your precious guidance.
I am a medical Dr doing research with a J1 research scholar visa in Cleveland (no 2 year back home rule). My case number is 2018EU00015*** (probably be current in April). I am applying for a Surgery residency and might start my training in middle June. I looked at your Google excel sheets and it seems very unlikely that I will receive the GC within that date.
What is your opinion?

Thanks

I’m not sure precisely what opinion it is you’re seeking. I don’t guesstimate when CNs are likely to become current. If you have any other specific question regarding the process, please ask and I will gladly respond.

Dear Mom,

I just had another info-pass appointment yesterday. and the officer just told me the same thing as what they told over two months ago that my file is already here and all the background checks are done and my case is ready for interview. Do you think it is a good idea to file an expedite request? or I just need to wait?
FYI: My field office is Minneapolis, MN. My case was received in October the month it went current and did biometric in November. I found only two cases for my field office in 2016
1- It took only two months before the interview was assigned
2- It took 7 months before the interview was assigned

Your opinion and help are appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Online status doesn’t get updated, that’s been started over and over again. However, can you confirm if you registered online for updates notifications?
Yes, I turned on mobile and e-mail alerts as soon as the case number was in the system. I received the biometrics letter last week. Didn't get any notifications. The case status also hasn't changed and still shows :
"Fingerprint Fee Was Received"

Dear Mom,

I just had another info-pass appointment yesterday. and the officer just told me the same thing as what they told over two months ago that my file is already here and all the background checks are done and my case is ready for interview. Do you think it is a good idea to file an expedite request? or I just need to wait?
FYI: My field office is Minneapolis, MN. My case was received in October the month it went current and did biometric in November. I found only two cases for my field office in 2016
1- It took only two months before the interview was assigned
2- It took 7 months before the interview was assigned

Your opinion and help are appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

My suggestion would be to wait till the end of this month and if the IL still doesn’t show up, reach out to House of Rep or Congress Man/Woman to request their assistance in following up on your case. An expedite request at this stage is not likely to be honored IMO as there’s no qualified basis for it.

Yes, I turned on mobile and e-mail alerts as soon as the case number was in the system. I received the biometrics letter last week. Didn't get any notifications. The case status also hasn't changed and still shows :
"Fingerprint Fee Was Received"

Again, the displayed case status does not change from that until after the petition gets adjudicated. Nothing new in that.

However, do let us know if your IL shows up without you receiving a text and/or an email notification. That information is pertinent to the guidance being provided here.

I’m not sure precisely what opinion it is you’re seeking. I don’t guesstimate when CNs are likely to become current. If you have any other specific question regarding the process, please ask and I will gladly respond.
Thank you for your reply, mom. My mistake: let me be a little more clear. When you start medical residency you must be on a valid visa thus my options are either starting it on a GC or having a new visa issued for that (my current visa ends on June 30). Assuming I am going to become current in April (very realistic estimate based on last years' results and pacing of VB) I believe it will be almost impossible to receive the GC within the middle of June to start residency under permanent immigrant status.

Consquently, my question: is there any way to speed up the whole process besides the early filing of the AoS package (perhaps reaching out to congress man/woman in advance?)? Would a lawyer be helpful in such case and, if so, why?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, mom. My mistake: let me be a little more clear. When you start medical residency you must be on a valid visa thus my options are either starting it on a GC or having a new visa issued for that (my current visa ends on June 30). Assuming I am going to become current in April (very realistic estimate based on last years' results and pacing of VB) I believe it will be almost impossible to receive the GC within the middle of June to start residency under permanent immigrant status.

Consquently, my question: is there any way to speed up the whole process besides the early filing of the AoS package (perhaps reaching out to congress man/woman in advance?)? Would a lawyer be helpful in such case and, if so, why?

Thanks

So if your CN is expected to become current in April, you find out in February and can file same month based on the early memo filing guidance (and fingers crossed your FO/assigned IO is familiar with that and wouldn’t cause you unnecessary griefs).

When you get interviewed depends on your FO’s workload and your background check clearance. A lawyer cannot speed up the process. Reaching out to your congress person in advance will not move the needle either - they assist with following up on pending cases to find out what is causing the delay, not with expediting the process.

You should have gone the CP route in this case, but then I don’t know what other issues you had to contend with before deciding on going with AOS.

Hello. I am F1 visa living in the USA. I get today email from diversity visa about the Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter. They include in the email two letters one for adjustment and one for fee. My number is high and not current yet. Should I submit Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter now or I should wait ? Thank you for your help.

Hello. I am F1 visa living in the USA. I get today email from diversity visa about the Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter. They include in the email two letters one for adjustment and one for fee. My number is high and not current yet. Should I submit Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter now or I should wait ? Thank you for your help.

How high?

Thank you. I meant not current yet, my DV number is more than 11 thousands in Asia. What should I do now please