VISA Information for Countries

Had a terrible experience coming back to jfk especially in Amsterdam airport they have a very tough screening at Schiphol airport for the flights going to the US and of course as soon as they saw RTD they had no idea what is that it took me 15 minutes to explain and show print outs they asked for green card even the supervisor until after 30 minutes of arguing he agreed to let me go to the gate after very tough question like why you are an Asylee In the US ? Why u left your home country? Why you don’t have your home country passport ?! Just stupid question but then when I went to the gate they called my name before the boarding to screen me all over again my luggage my shoes my iPad finally boarded the flight after I would say an hour and 45 mins into screening I arrived in JFK it was like a Jungle I went to the Permanent resident lane then they asked me to go visitor lane and been running between lanes for 20 mins until an immigration officer saw me she was rude I showed her my RTD then she told me that’s the only thing u have I said my green card in the process and I have my EAD then she said it’s not enough she called her co worker fortunately he cleared everything and luckily he knew what’s RTD !! He asked me to go to the inspection room then I went there waited for about an hour then immigration officer called me after stamping my RTD she asked how long I was out and where I traveled then she said welcome back then got stopped by customs agents even though I only have a carry on luggage but it’s alright!! Overall terrible experience long wait and a long stupid conversation with the folks for the screening at Amsterdam airport and questions idk why they asked me about the reason for my asylum status and btw they asked me to tell them what I did during my visit in Germany and Amsterdam and at one point he asked to see if I have a photo of me in a museum or something as a proof !

Had a terrible experience coming back to jfk especially in Amsterdam airport they have a very tough screening at Schiphol airport for the flights going to the US and of course as soon as they saw RTD they had no idea what is that it took me 15 minutes to explain and show print outs they asked for green card even the supervisor until after 30 minutes of arguing he agreed to let me go to the gate after very tough question like why you are an Asylee In the US ? Why u left your home country? Why you don’t have your home country passport ?! Just stupid question but then when I went to the gate they called my name before the boarding to screen me all over again my luggage my shoes my iPad finally boarded the flight after I would say an hour and 45 mins into screening I arrived in JFK it was like a Jungle I went to the Permanent resident lane then they asked me to go visitor lane and been running between lanes for 20 mins until an immigration officer saw me she was rude I showed her my RTD then she told me that’s the only thing u have I said my green card in the process and I have my EAD then she said it’s not enough she called her co worker fortunately he cleared everything and luckily he knew what’s RTD !! He asked me to go to the inspection room then I went there waited for about an hour then immigration officer called me after stamping my RTD she asked how long I was out and where I traveled then she said welcome back then got stopped by customs agents even though I only have a carry on luggage but it’s alright!! Overall terrible experience long wait and a long stupid conversation with the folks for the screening at Amsterdam airport and questions idk why they asked me about the reason for my asylum status and btw they asked me to tell them what I did during my visit in Germany and Amsterdam and at one point he asked to see if I have a photo of me in a museum or something as a proof !
Really sorry to hear about your terrible experience. Those guys think they know everything. Besides, they are behaving as if they are IOs of the US, when they are just some Dutchmen. Well, good luck in the future. I still have 2 years left using the RTD + GC, so I will be sharing my experiences with everyone from across the world. Readying for another trip to Kiwiland (New Zealand) soon. Hopefully it's seamless as the last one. I will update everyone. I figure it is less than four weeks until I fly out.

Really sorry to hear about your terrible experience. Those guys think they know everything. Besides, they are behaving as if they are IOs of the US, when they are just some Dutchmen. Well, good luck in the future. I still have 2 years left using the RTD + GC, so I will be sharing my experiences with everyone from across the world. Readying for another trip to Kiwiland (New Zealand) soon. Hopefully it's seamless as the last one. I will update everyone. I figure it is less than four weeks until I fly out.

Canadian Embassy in US denied my Visa, I had a valid RTD, Funds, Purpose for travel, very long work history and leisure history of travel for my age and the funny comment from the CIC is 'They don't think I have a Valid Work Authorization and Immigration Status in US'' I have never left USA main land for 5years and my asylum took 4 years, Its very weird that Canada will deny some hard working Asylees Visas and issue eTA on RTD + GC, I believe the two countries share such info (but I am not 100% sure) The Safe Third Country Agreement

Last edited:
My Neighbor with green card is from East African Country, His daughters with GC+RTDs applied for UK visa and they got denied visas to visit family members.

That doesn't mean you cannot enter the UK with a GC and RTD. My brother went there often that way, and I was granted a visa with GC and RP.

Hi. I need to fly to Philippines for a trip. I have my Re entry permit and GC. My home country doesn’t need a visa for Philippines - so would I be needing one on the RP? I don’t have my passport. Thanks.

Traveled to Europe for the second time on RTD + GC. Flew with Brussels airlines from NYC to Brussels , Belgium. Airlines employee was not sure as to whether I needed a visa or not, researched it and gave me a boarding pass. Traveled to Germany and the Netherlands as well (flew and took the bus). All went smooth!!!

Wanted to share that i had a trip with my mom to Europe back in September we both had RTD flew to Germany with delta and got stamped in less a minute by german passport control then we flew same day to Barcelona no problems at all then spent few days then flew to Athens and all went well they just checked at the gate took a look at out RTDs and look at the entry stamps and we spent few days in Athens everything was fine and then we flew to paris at the airport at athens while boarding the boarding agent checked our RTDs while boarding didn’t know what’s that she took a look at the stamp then called someone on the phone to come and looks like he’s a passport control officer i am not sure but he looked at RTDs and stamps and asked for green card but we didn’t have it at that time but he gave us our RTDs back and he said you good to go we arrived in Paris then took the train from paris to frankfurt then with delta from frankfurt to jfk at jfk they sent us like always to secondary inspection because we only had RTDs but it was fast they stamped us in 10 mins so after all the trip was great especially that we flew to a different countries in the schengen without a problem just the little issue at the gate in Athens and i am starting to believe that even with the RTD as long as you get your schengen entry stamp on it you can go anywhere within the schengen area without issue even if they stop you for ID check or at the gate to check your RTD They will take sometime to understand your doucment but as long as you have your entry stamp on the RTD they cannot stop you and I learned that from my experience in Athens and at Barcelona when we flew to athens i hope all that info is helpful for anyone wants to travel with RTD to schengen

Another update we got our green card and then I decided to travel to serbia to visit a friend i am currently in serbia I used my NP and GC to enter serbia because my natioal passport requires a visa for serbia but it’s waived for green card holders had no issues i flew with Turkish Airlines entering serbia they stamped me in less than a minute was asked for the reason for the visit and that’s pretty much it will be heading to the states in couple days will update you guys about the entry to the US

Hey Mike, do you always travel with your NP? I’ve only traveled once since I got my RTD and that was to DR. The only issue I had was when I got back to JFK, the officer didn’t seem to know what it is but it was coming to the end of his shift so I guess he just stamp me.

Wanted to share that i had a trip with my mom to Europe back in September we both had RTD flew to Germany with delta and got stamped in less a minute by german passport control then we flew same day to Barcelona no problems at all then spent few days then flew to Athens and all went well they just checked at the gate took a look at out RTDs and look at the entry stamps and we spent few days in Athens everything was fine and then we flew to paris at the airport at athens while boarding the boarding agent checked our RTDs while boarding didn’t know what’s that she took a look at the stamp then called someone on the phone to come and looks like he’s a passport control officer i am not sure but he looked at RTDs and stamps and asked for green card but we didn’t have it at that time but he gave us our RTDs back and he said you good to go we arrived in Paris then took the train from paris to frankfurt then with delta from frankfurt to jfk at jfk they sent us like always to secondary inspection because we only had RTDs but it was fast they stamped us in 10 mins so after all the trip was great especially that we flew to a different countries in the schengen without a problem just the little issue at the gate in Athens and i am starting to believe that even with the RTD as long as you get your schengen entry stamp on it you can go anywhere within the schengen area without issue even if they stop you for ID check or at the gate to check your RTD They will take sometime to understand your doucment but as long as you have your entry stamp on the RTD they cannot stop you and I learned that from my experience in Athens and at Barcelona when we flew to athens i hope all that info is helpful for anyone wants to travel with RTD to schengen
Hi Mike hope your doing well , my father waiting for asylum decision it’s almost 8 mount can he apply for RTD and meet my mom in third country ?

Hi Mike hope your doing well , my father waiting for asylum decision it’s almost 8 mount can he apply for RTD and meet my mom in third country ?
He can apply for advance parlor. But if his asylum case dinied while he is out side the US. Than mean he can not come back the US

Hey Mike, do you always travel with your NP? I’ve only traveled once since I got my RTD and that was to DR. The only issue I had was when I got back to JFK, the officer didn’t seem to know what it is but it was coming to the end of his shift so I guess he just stamp me.
Hey Rodney actually that’s my first time to travel with NP because I finally have my green card , both time when i come to jfk with RTD CBP officers keep saying that’s not enough first time officer asked supervisor and said to send me to inspection room second time same problem officer said RTD not enough told her last time i had the same situation and they sent me to inspection room right away she sent me there so just ask the officer to send you to inspection room and it will work out

Update just arrived few minutes ago from Belgrade no problem exiting serbia arrived in jfk after 12 hours flight terminal 1 Turkish Airlines and it was kind of empty the airport scanned green card on Automated passport control got an X idk why but maybe because I used it for first time with GC , officer saw me he was so nice asked me where i am coming from and how long I stayed and what was the purpose of the visit and if i have anything to declare fast questions with fast answers and he stamped my NP it took me from arriving at the gate to clear passport control about 10 mins very good experience it makes me feel happy having GC finally and used it for first time and it was a great experience not like experience i had before with only RTD

Update just arrived few minutes ago from Belgrade no problem exiting serbia arrived in jfk after 12 hours flight terminal 1 Turkish Airlines and it was kind of empty the airport scanned green card on Automated passport control got an X idk why but maybe because I used it for first time with GC , officer saw me he was so nice asked me where i am coming from and how long I stayed and what was the purpose of the visit and if i have anything to declare fast questions with fast answers and he stamped my NP it took me from arriving at the gate to clear passport control about 10 mins very good experience it makes me feel happy having GC finally and used it for first time and it was a great experience not like experience i had before with only RTD
I think that was a mistake, why didn’t you let them stamp your RTD? I keep hearing stories that it’s wrong to use your NP.

I mean i am not the principal asylee my green card class AS8 I don’t think is a big of a problem and i will be using RTD to travel to Europe in the summer so i am not going to use NP all the time