• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi mom,
1. should the parents answer Yes to this question, when the claimants/beneficiaries of public assistance are citizen children ?
2. I would like to understand wether the stonger basis for answering No to the OP is the absence of claim or the fact that the children are citizen?
Thanks.

I don’t like responding to hypothetical questions because the situations are usually not fully explained and my response could be misconstrued or taken out of context. So are you in a similar situation? Then post your own direct question describing your specific situation if my previous answer isn’t quite clear.

Anyway, you may want to read this:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-69#post-2468155

Hi Mom,
I wrote to you my situation 3 months ago and you said that I should wait unitl January.
I’m here to know your suggest if you may help me.
Im in f1 visa. My case number is 2018AS11xxx
I didnt Fill the applicatio yet becouse Im afraid to loose my student visa. What do you think Im I safe to fill the application

Hi Mom,
I wrote to you my situation 3 months ago and you said that I should wait unitl January.
I didnt Fill the applicatio yet becouse Im afraid to loose my student visa. What do you think Im I safe to fill the application

Your number is still very high. Data shows your chances are slim. However, we don't know how the countries affected by the travel ban will change the numbers. I told you to wait 5 or 6 months before doing anything. I still think that was good advice.

Hello everyone,
I have a dilemma here.
In the letter from KCC it says about DV Administrative fee, "You should present this receipt to USCIS at the time of your adjustment interview."
Does it mean I can submit my AOS papers (I-485) without receipt? Can I just bring it to the interview? Can I maybe include a copy of money order with my AOS papers?
I don't want to wait from 2 to 4 weeks and delay my case. My case number is published in Visa Bulletin for February.
Thank you

Your number is still very high. Data shows your chances are slim. However, we don't know how the countries affected by the travel ban will change the numbers. I told you to wait 5 or 6 months before doing anything. I still think that was good advice.

Yes it is! I am pretty sure.
In your blog. Your last data you have mentioned that Asia’s maximum case number is 13xxx thats why I thought Im safe?

Hi Mom,

Nope, not true. I never said wait until January. I said I agree with Simon’s suggestion, that you should wait and watch the VB for the next couple of months. I never specified “January”. Here’s the link to that response by the way:
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-57#post-2465750

Hello everyone,
I have a dilemma here.
In the letter from KCC it says about DV Administrative fee, "You should present this receipt to USCIS at the time of your adjustment interview."
Does it mean I can submit my AOS papers (I-485) without receipt? Can I just bring it to the interview? Can I maybe include a copy of money order with my AOS papers?
I don't want to wait from 2 to 4 weeks and delay my case. My case number is published in Visa Bulletin for February.
Thank you

You may submit the AOS package without the payment receipt, but be aware there’s a small chance of the package being treated as incomplete and rejected by the Chicago Lockbox. A copy of the money order is no prove the payment was made since it’s possible for one to get the money order and cancel it at the last minute without acting making any payment. Question is, why did you wait until you CN became current before making the payment?

I don’t like responding to hypothetical questions because the situations are usually not fully explained and my response could be misconstrued or taken out of context. So are you in a similar situation? Then post your own direct question describing your specific situation if my previous answer isn’t quite clear.

Anyway, you may want to read this:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-69#post-2468155
Sure mom, here is my situation:
1. I am under F-2 status. My son is a US citizen. He is receiving health coverage under Medicaid. Since I am not, personally, the beneficiary of such coverage, I plan on answering "No" to I485's "have you ever received public assistance". Is my answer correct?
2. The state of MA, offers all residents, including, non-permanent and undocumented residents, under a certain income, limited/emergency services coverage and safety net/basic healthcare services through community heath centers:
2. 1. the I485 question about past public assistance explicitly excludes/disregards emergency services. Do basic healthcare services through community health centers fall under "emergency services"?
2.2. In case community health centers are not considered as part of emergency services, and I am enrolled to benefit from such services but have never had to receive/use them, can I answer "No" to I485's "have you ever received public assistance"?​

Greatly appreciate your time!

You may submit the AOS package without the payment receipt, but be aware there’s a small chance of the package being treated as incomplete and rejected by the Chicago Lockbox. A copy of the money order is no prove the payment was made since it’s possible for one to get the money order and cancel it at the last minute without acting making any payment. Question is, why did you wait until you CN became current before making the payment?
Thank you.
I just didn't understand a procedure properly. I thought I should pay when CN is current.
Is there a way to send additional docs maybe? Let's say I will submit now without the payment receipt and in few weeks will send a letter "Please include in my case". Does it work?

Sure mom, here is my situation:
1. I am under F-2 status. My son is a US citizen. He is receiving health coverage under Medicaid. Since I am not, personally, the beneficiary of such coverage, I plan on answering "No" to I485's "have you ever received public assistance". Is my answer correct?
2. The state of MA, offers all residents, including, non-permanent and undocumented residents, under a certain income, limited/emergency services coverage and safety net/basic healthcare services through community heath centers:
2. 1. the I485 question about past public assistance explicitly excludes/disregards emergency services. Do basic healthcare services through community health centers fall under "emergency services"?
2.2. In case community health centers are not considered as part of emergency services, and I am enrolled to benefit from such services but have never had to receive/use them, can I answer "No" to I485's "have you ever received public assistance"?​

Greatly appreciate your time!

1. Yes the response is correct.

2.1 No, I don’t think so. Basic health care is not an emergency service - an emergency is something that suddenly happened, right?
2.2 I can’t tell you how you should respond to the question. You can decide to say ‘No’ and wonder if it may end up not being the correct response, or answer ‘Yes’ and provide some additional information/explanation. Your call.

Thank you.
I just didn't understand a procedure properly. I thought I should pay when CN is current.
Is there a way to send additional docs maybe? Let's say I will submit now without the payment receipt and in few weeks will send a letter "Please include in my case". Does it work?

Nope, doesn’t work that way. Additional documents should only be sent if a RFI/RFE is issued by your FO. Any document sent without an issued RFI/RFE gets tossed aside, will not make it to your file.

Of course there is the option of taking any missing document along to the interview if the Chicago Lockbox did not originally reject the package as incomplete. You’ll know your package wasn’t rejected if you get a NOA after the package submission.

1. Yes the response is correct.

2.1 No, I don’t think so. Basic health care is not an emergency service - an emergency is something that suddenly happened, right?
2.2 I can’t tell you how you should respond to the question. You can decide to say ‘No’ and wonder if it may end up not being the correct response, or answer ‘Yes’ and provide some additional information/explanation. Your call.
Thank you for your reply.

Hi All,

I am completing my DS260 and I have 2 questions:
1. DS260 asks for the last 5 visits in the US: should I indicate my last 5 trips abroad (i.e. when I was living in the US but going on vacation outside of the US, example: I returned to my home country in late August and was back to the US on September 10th, so should I put last visit entry date: 9/10/17 and length of the visit 4 months (from September to today) and do the same for my last vacation outside of the US) OR should I give them the last 5 visits when I was NOT living in the US yet (example: I visited the US in November 2014, 1.5 years before I arrived in the US under my L1 visa)?
2. I am under L1 and my wife under L2 visa, she got an EAD to be able to work. In the same part of the DS260 that my 1st question we are asked for the Alien Registration Number, I am pretty sure I don't have one but I think my wife got one in her EAD (a 9 digits number with USCIS# written above it) do you confirm that's what they ask in this part?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi All,

I am completing my DS260 and I have 2 questions:
1. DS260 asks for the last 5 visits in the US: should I indicate my last 5 trips abroad (i.e. when I was living in the US but going on vacation outside of the US, example: I returned to my home country in late August and was back to the US on September 10th, so should I put last visit entry date: 9/10/17 and length of the visit 4 months (from September to today) and do the same for my last vacation outside of the US) OR should I give them the last 5 visits when I was NOT living in the US yet (example: I visited the US in November 2014, 1.5 years before I arrived in the US under my L1 visa)?
2. I am under L1 and my wife under L2 visa, she got an EAD to be able to work. In the same part of the DS260 that my 1st question we are asked for the Alien Registration Number, I am pretty sure I don't have one but I think my wife got one in her EAD (a 9 digits number with USCIS# written above it) do you confirm that's what they ask in this part?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1. Your last 5 entries and exits to and from the US. Starting with the entry and exit dates of the 5th one, upto the most recent entry.

2. Yes.

Thanks a lot Sm1smom !
And one another question (sorry to bother you with probably naive questions) :
1. I have a high school diploma + bachelor + master and I am working for 7 years now, I want to use the education requirement route to qualify for the GC (the easiest way), should I then select "No" to "Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience" (even if my job meets the "2 years of training or experience" criteria)?

You are very helpful and you do a great work, I imagine it's not always easy for you guys...

Thanks a lot Sm1smom !
And one another question (sorry to bother you with probably naive questions) :
1. I have a high school diploma + bachelor + master and I am working for 7 years now, I want to use the education requirement route to qualify for the GC (the easiest way), should I then select "No" to "Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience" (even if my job meets the "2 years of training or experience" criteria)?

You are very helpful and you do a great work, I imagine it's not always easy for you guys...

The response to this question doesn’t really matter, use your best judgment. Educational qualification is always the default requirement used for everyone.

Hello,

Our interview was today.

We had to wait around 2 hours before being called by the officer. The place was crowded. Interview took around 10 minutes. Did the oath, then the fingerprints (the system had issues, so fingerprints couldn't be processed) , quickly reviewed the documents, checked school originals. The officer was very friendly. Asked about arrival and departure dates and about my husband's schools (he transfered from one school to another) and also about my visa status (I first entered with tourist visa and changed to F2 after getting married, ( before winning the lottery).

At the end said everything looked ok, she needed to review the documents once more by herself and we should wait for the desicion in a couple of days. We have good feelings.

Hello,

Our interview was today.

We had to wait around 2 hours before being called by the officer. The place was crowded. Interview took around 10 minutes. Did the oath, then the fingerprints (the system had issues, so fingerprints couldn't be processed) , quickly reviewed the documents, checked school originals. The officer was very friendly. Asked about arrival and departure dates and about my husband's schools (he transfered from one school to another) and also about my visa status (I first entered with tourist visa and changed to F2 after getting married, ( before winning the lottery).

At the end said everything looked ok, she needed to review the documents once more by herself and we should wait for the desicion in a couple of days. We have good feelings.
Hello,

I wish you all the best, and thanks so much for sharing.

Kindly, can you share the list of documents USCIS asked you to bring to the interview in their invitation?

Thank you again

Hello,

I wish you all the best, and thanks so much for sharing.

Kindly, can you share the list of documents USCIS asked you to bring to the interview in their invitation?

Thank you again

Hi. Basically they say: "bring the originals of all the documents you submitted with your package and every other document you consider important for you adjustment of status". So, is nothing out of the ordinary.
I will scan the letter and upload it tomorrow