• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

upload_2017-10-9_21-1-24.png
the visa Bulletin been like that since 10/1
is that something you have seen in previous year?, I am really looking forward to find out about December Numbers , any feed back?

Medical exam from the US is not acceptable for CP, it must be done by one of the CS designated by the embassy. A PCC from the US expected or required. You will need one from your home country of course and any other country you’ve resided as as applicable, with the exception of the US of course. I don’t know how long that is likely to take, you’ll have to investigate that on your own.

Waiting 90 Days is not applicable if processing CP by the way.

Thanks a lot !

I have a specific question :)

I was born in city called A. After 5 years the city was renamed to B. In my birth certificate A is written as a place of birth. In my DV2018 entry I wrote B, and now I'm thinking whether I should write A or B or both in I-485.

I think I should write B, but I worry that IO will be confused with different names in birth certificate and I-485.

I want to clarify requirements for AOS process. FAQ in the first post says that to be eligible you must be "physically present in the United States as at the time of confirming your DV selection". I was selected for DV2018 while living outside US and submitted DS-260 already for CP. Recently my husband got an H1B visa. If we enter the US with H1B/H4 visa at this point, will we be able to switch to AOS flow? If yes I assume that we need to unlock DS-260 and resubmit it at a later date with AOS option selected. Will the answer to the previous question change if we receive our 2NL from consulate before entering US?

I got a question about health exam for AOS process. Will pregnant woman has issue on this exam? I heard the exam will check for vaccination record, if you don't have one then will require to have the shot. But some vaccine is not recommend during pregnancy. So I am wondering how will pregnant woman being through this exam? Since my wife and I are considering for having a baby. Thank anyone for answering this. Thank you.

I got a question about health exam for AOS process. Will pregnant woman has issue on this exam? I heard the exam will check for vaccination record, if you don't have one then will require to have the shot. But some vaccine is not recommend during pregnancy. So I am wondering how will pregnant woman being through this exam? Since my wife and I are considering for having a baby. Thank anyone for answering this. Thank you.

The doctors will waive anything that is contraindicated for pregnancy.

Hi,

Quick question about DS260 form. I want to leave US in January 2018 for 3 month (my CN is high, I expect it to be current around May 2018.). I know that for CP KCC needs couple months to process DS260, but for AOS it shouldn't have any impact. So I just want to verify one thing: When I come back to US, can I send DS260 next day or I should wait 90 days until I send it?

My second question is about medical exam. Does it have any expiration date? Unfortunetly, I was not familiar with the process and I already did my medical.

Thank you very much for your help!

I want to clarify requirements for AOS process. FAQ in the first post says that to be eligible you must be "physically present in the United States as at the time of confirming your DV selection". I was selected for DV2018 while living outside US and submitted DS-260 already for CP. Recently my husband got an H1B visa. If we enter the US with H1B/H4 visa at this point, will we be able to switch to AOS flow? If yes I assume that we need to unlock DS-260 and resubmit it at a later date with AOS option selected. Will the answer to the previous question change if we receive our 2NL from consulate before entering US?

Technically speaking, you’re not supposed to enter the US on a NIV with the mind of status adjustment. Anyway, what is your CN and when do you guys plan on entering the US. Answers to these determines the sort of guidance you can get here.

Hi,

Quick question about DS260 form. I want to leave US in January 2018 for 3 month (my CN is high, I expect it to be current around May 2018.). I know that for CP KCC needs couple months to process DS260, but for AOS it shouldn't have any impact. So I just want to verify one thing: When I come back to US, can I send DS260 next day or I should wait 90 days until I send it?

My second question is about medical exam. Does it have any expiration date? Unfortunetly, I was not familiar with the process and I already did my medical.

Thank you very much for your help!

What is your current status? Medical exam is valid for one year - which includes the adjudication period.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I am student, F-1 Visa.

So it has to be valid on the day of my interview?

1. Waiting at least 90 days before demonstrating any form of status adjustment intent is highly recommended. If you plan on leaving in January and being away for 3 months, and you think your CN is likely to become current in May, you may want to consider processing CP or staying put and process AOS without traveling in January.

2. Yes.

1. Waiting at least 90 days before demonstrating any form of status adjustment intent is highly recommended. If you plan on leaving in January and being away for 3 months, and you think your CN is likely to become current in May, you may want to consider processing CP or staying put and process AOS without traveling in January.

2. Yes.

Thank you!!!

2. Yes.

One more thing: after I send DS260 form, how long do I have to wait for the paperwork from the KCC? I assume I can't send my AOS package without 2NL?

Technically speaking, you’re not supposed to enter the US on a NIV with the mind of status adjustment. Anyway, what is your CN and when do you guys plan on entering the US. Answers to these determines the sort of guidance you can get here.

CN is slightly higher than December one from the latest bulletin, so it should become current in January. Employer wants to relocate us till the end of the year (preferably in November). So it's not allowed to enter through H1B/H4 visa when your DV lottery case is in progress?

One more thing: after I send DS260 form, how long do I have to wait for the paperwork from the KCC? I assume I can't send my AOS package without 2NL?

1. It may take between 2 weeks to 2 months to get AOS 2NL.

2. It is possible to send AOS package without the 2NL, this can be presented at the interview.

CN is slightly higher than December one from the latest bulletin, so it should become current in January. Employer wants to relocate us till the end of the year (preferably in November). So it's not allowed to enter through H1B/H4 visa when your DV lottery case is in progress?

Nope, that's not what I said. Entering the US on a NIV, (which includes H1B/H4) with the mind of status adjustment is frowned upon. Notice the catch phrase? Nothing wrong with entering the US as a DV selectee with an on going case, you just aren't supposed to come in planning to adjust status.

The other problem with your plan also is the fact that if your CN is likely to become current in January, it means you will already be processed and scheduled for a CP in November (assuming your DS260 was submitted early and KCC was done processing it). Once scheduled for a CP interview, you no longer have the option of AOS.

1. It may take between 2 weeks to 2 months to get AOS 2NL.

2. It is possible to send AOS package without the 2NL, this can be presented at the interview.
And again one more thing (I am so sorry for that, but I just talked with manager from my school and she confused me a little bit with I20 and F1 visa stuff).
I know this question was asked several times here but just want to verify:
Does submitting DS260 form or sending a AOS package affect my I20 or F1 visa? My I2o expires October 2018. If I go to this interwiev and I don't get the green card, can I lose my I20? Can I just continue study here and apply for CPT and OPT after that?

Thank you so much for all of you answers.

And again one more thing (I am so sorry for that, but I just talked with manager from my school and she confused me a little bit with I20 and F1 visa stuff).
I know this question was asked several times here but just want to verify:
Does submitting DS260 form or sending a AOS package affect my I20 or F1 visa? My I2o expires October 2018. If I go to this interwiev and I don't get the green card, can I lose my I20? Can I just continue study here and apply for CPT and OPT after that?

Thank you so much for all of you answers.

Your I-20 remains as is provided you haven't used an AOS based EAD or AP card to work or travel back into the US while your AOS petition is pending.

It is actually not a good idea to be discussing your AOS process or the intention to process one with your school. A remarkable number of students have had their SEVIS status inadvertently terminated while their AOS petition was pending because their DSO was clueless and didn't know what they were doing. The rule of thumb has always been to bring the school on board only after the GC petition has been approved.

Your I-20 remains as is provided you haven't used an AOS based EAD or AP card to work or travel back into the US while your AOS petition is pending.

It is actually not a good idea to be discussing your AOS process or the intention to process one with your school. A remarkable number of students have had their SEVIS status inadvertently terminated while their AOS petition was pending because their DSO was clueless and didn't know what they were doing. The rule of thumb has always been to bring the school on board only after the GC petition has been approved.

Ok, so as I understand my I20 is ok even if I submit DS260 form or send the AOS package. Now what happens if go to the interview and I don't get the green card? Or my package is rejected? Can I still continue my school, extend my I20 and apply for CPT and OPT and act like nothing ever happened?
I talked with admission manager today and I am not sure if I understand everything, but she said that when I apply for AOS, she will know about this because somebody from USCIS will call her. Is that true?
Sorry for asking for all of it, I know it's propably frustrating for you to answer all of this questions again and again. I just want to make sure what do I risk applying for AOS, I already spent a lot of money for my school and I don't want to lose my F1, I20 or opportunity for CPT or OPT.