• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Does it mean you spent additional money aside the initial 1900+?

No. I just had the right figure...it's GHS 1,940. That's the maximum amount payable per client for the first visit even if you haven't ever taken any kind of vaccination in your life. I ended up paying slightly less than that amount in total because I showed them my yellow card which had Hepatitis B and Yellow Fever vaccination records in it. The more vaccinations you're able to do initiate prior your medical examination, the lesser amount you'd pay. Hepatitis B first shot costs max. GHS 25 at any government hospital that gives vaccinations...same costs GHS 90 at AKAI. If you have more than enough money to give away...have all your vaccinations at AKAI.

I took a picture of the exact breakdown of the costs pasted at their cashier's section but I can't find a way to insert it in my post. I believe it can help anyone calculate exactly how much you can save. If anyone knows how to post an image hr...lemme know. I would forward it to your e-mail so you post it here for all. @Sm1smom and @Britsimon , can you pls help me that? how I can post an image hr.

That was very accurate and useful advice @Nana Kofi. Especially the bit about being able to take the vaccinations at different (certified) heath centres to reduce costs. One more thing to add, most people have already taken some of these vaccines during infancy. If you have past records then you don't need to repeat anymore.

You're right.

Well family, I promised to post my experience at the CID Headquarters too.

Police Report Request

Yesterday (Friday), I arrived at the CID Headquarters at Osu around 8:40am. At the entrance, I told the policemen on duty that I'm there to process a police report. They directed me to the reception. Before then... someone holding something that looks like a metal detector came to scan my body to "clear" me before I was allowed to proceed. Remember it's a very high security zone so don't carry unnecessary objects on you...bags/backpacks are allowed in but simply don't carry anything "funny" on you.

I got to the reception of the Clearance Section and saw approximately 20 people already there. I spoke to the officer in-charge that I'm there for a police report. He asked whether it's for travel or employment and I answered. He then asked if I brought my passport, I showed it to him then he opened a folder and gave me a sheet to fill (go with a pen...I saw people looking around for a pen to write). The sheet asks for basic information about you and your education history. After filling and submitting the sheet, I was asked to have a seat. After about 15 minutes wait, names were mentioned and asked to form a line. One by one, an officer assisted us to have all 10 finger prints on a sheet that's given after your name is mentioned. Make sure it's your name that appears on the sheet because it's filled by the officer...but it will have your finger prints.

Right after my finger prints were taken, I was directed to send my passport to a room...few steps away (Room 12 I think) and pay GHS 120. After payment, they didn't return my passport but asked me to proceed to the adjacent room to have my picture taken. There were 3 people before me so I had to wait for my turn before the picture was taken. Afterwards I was asked to sit outside and wait for my name to be mentioned.

After about 20 minutes, my name was mentioned and I went for my passport + copies of the passport picture they took + payment receipts. I was directed to return everything to where I initially filled the form (the reception). There, a lady received and went through everything. She then clipped a picture each to some forms and gave back one of the receipts with two of my passport pictures and asked me to return on 14th October for my report.

Before I stepped out, I saw this notice on one of the doors:

Commencement of Activities:
8:30am
Lunch Break: 12:30pm
Resumption from Break: 1:30pm
Closing: 4:00pm

That was it...very simple and stress-free process.

Well family, I promised to post my experience at the CID Headquarters too.

Police Report Request

Yesterday (Friday), I arrived at the CID Headquarters at Osu around 8:40am. At the entrance, I told the policemen on duty that I'm there to process a police report. They directed me to the reception. Before then... someone holding something that looks like a metal detector came to scan my body to "clear" me before I was allowed to proceed. Remember it's a very high security zone so don't carry unnecessary objects on you...bags/backpacks are allowed in but simply don't carry anything "funny" on you.

I got to the reception of the Clearance Section and saw approximately 20 people already there. I spoke to the officer in-charge that I'm there for a police report. He asked whether it's for travel or employment and I answered. He then asked if I brought my passport, I showed it to him then he opened a folder and gave me a sheet to fill (go with a pen...I saw people looking around for a pen to write). The sheet asks for basic information about you and your education history. After filling and submitting the sheet, I was asked to have a seat. After about 15 minutes wait, names were mentioned and asked to form a line. One by one, an officer assisted us to have all 10 finger prints on a sheet that's given after your name is mentioned. Make sure it's your name that appears on the sheet because it's filled by the officer...but it will have your finger prints.

Right after my finger prints were taken, I was directed to send my passport to a room...few steps away (Room 12 I think) and pay GHS 120. After payment, they didn't return my passport but asked me to proceed to the adjacent room to have my picture taken. There were 3 people before me so I had to wait for my turn before the picture was taken. Afterwards I was asked to sit outside and wait for my name to be mentioned.

After about 20 minutes, my name was mentioned and I went for my passport + copies of the passport picture they took + payment receipts. I was directed to return everything to where I initially filled the form (the reception). There, a lady received and went through everything. She then clipped a picture each to some forms and gave back one of the receipts with two of my passport pictures and asked me to return on 14th October for my report.

Before I stepped out, I saw this notice on one of the doors:

Commencement of Activities:
8:30am
Lunch Break: 12:30pm
Resumption from Break: 1:30pm
Closing: 4:00pm

That was it...very simple and stress-free process.
Apt. Hope they honour their Oct 14 schedule

No. I just had the right figure...it's GHS 1,940. That's the maximum amount payable per client for the first visit even if you haven't ever taken any kind of vaccination in your life. I ended up paying slightly less than that amount in total because I showed them my yellow card which had Hepatitis B and Yellow Fever vaccination records in it. The more vaccinations you're able to do initiate prior your medical examination, the lesser amount you'd pay. Hepatitis B first shot costs max. GHS 25 at any government hospital that gives vaccinations...same costs GHS 90 at AKAI. If you have more than enough money to give away...have all your vaccinations at AKAI.

I took a picture of the exact breakdown of the costs pasted at their cashier's section but I can't find a way to insert it in my post. I believe it can help anyone calculate exactly how much you can save. If anyone knows how to post an image hr...lemme know. I would forward it to your e-mail so you post it here for all. @Sm1smom and @Britsimon , can you pls help me that? how I can post an image hr.
Holy Trinity is cheaper. Great post

So... I just shut down my MacBook after entering DV 2019 (both my wife and I). I feel slightly guilty since we're selectees of DV 2018 but I guess it's better to be overprepared than underprepared! Now I can fully concentrate on DV 2018 processing. Anyone else here entered DV 2019?

For those of you who've taken your own pictures for DV 2019, check out this site to check your pix for validation before doing the EDV entry. I used it for DV 2018 and it helped I guess.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who've taken your own pictures for DV 2019, check out this site to check your pix for validation before doing the EDV entry. I used it for DV 2018 and it helped I guess.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc

Don't do that - use the official site!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've edited your post by x'ing out the website you listed. The official website is a better source to refer people to.

So... I just shut down my MacBook after entering DV 2019 (both my wife and I). I feel slightly guilty since we're selectees of DV 2018 but I guess it's better to be overprepared than underprepared! Now I can fully concentrate on DV 2018 processing. Anyone else here entered DV 2019?

I remember last year a person was selected twice one year after the other. That was insane but its possible no doubt and it all depends on your luck. Lets see how DV 2019 goes for you :)

Not sure if am posting at the right spot. Kindly feel free to move it to the right place if the need be.
Now, I have been reading about people being denied based on school certificates and level of education.
My sister who worn 2018 DV went to a vocational school after JSS for three years for hair and salon management. She graduated and has the certificate with also many years of on the job experience. She's also been denied visitor visa three times in the last ten years. From all that am reading, it seem she will not qualify for the visa then? Any input? Any thoughts? Am freaking out for her.
Thank you all for you help.
King.

Not sure if am posting at the right spot. Kindly feel free to move it to the right place if the need be.
Now, I have been reading about people being denied based on school certificates and level of education.
My sister who worn 2018 DV went to a vocational school after JSS for three years for hair and salon management. She graduated and has the certificate with also many years of on the job experience. She's also been denied visitor visa three times in the last ten years. From all that am reading, it seem she will not qualify for the visa then? Any input? Any thoughts? Am freaking out for her.
King.

I'm sorry, your sister does not meet the educational or job experience requirements. Vocational school does not meet the educational requirements. Hair dressing does not meet the work experience requirements also. She will certainly be denied.

King.

If all she has is a vocational school qualification and not normal high school then unfortunately yes she will be denied on education grounds. From what I can see her job is not at the required level on o*net for her to use work experience instead. Of course I don’t know exactly what she does, this states the requirements and gives the link to o*net: https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...are-selected/confirm-your-qualifications.html

Not sure how I missed this request, sorry about that.

In order to attach a picture to your post, click on the little icon above the post box that looks like a 2 mountains (beside the smile face icon). It should open a pop up box which will ask you to insert the URL of the image you wish to post. Hope this helps.

I truly appreciate your feedback. Big blow but all good.
Another colleague here wants me to ask you all about a two year nursing assistant training certification with three years work experience?
Does that qualifies?
Thank you all once again?