• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Yes it was your entry form that was the problem, not the wrong order on the education certificate. Not the same issue at all.
Hello everyone, I'm a dv 2018 winner and I'm glad to be here.I am from Ghana. I have a question and I hope u guys can be of help. It relates to name order on my educational certificates. My initial entry into the lottery has the same name order as my birth certificate and passport. But my educational certificates have different orders. I bear three names (ABC) and all the three names appear on all my documents. For example, my SSS cert has CBA, my college diploma has ABC just like my passport and birth cert and my degree has BAC. All names are spelt correctly on all documents. The only problem is the name order or arrangement. Should I be worried about it. If yes, can I swear an affidavit to support it? Thanks

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm a dv 2018 winner and I'm glad to be here.I am from Ghana. I have a question and I hope u guys can be of help. It relates to name order on my educational certificates. My initial entry into the lottery has the same name order as my birth certificate and passport. But my educational certificates have different orders. I bear three names (ABC) and all the three names appear on all my documents. For example, my SSS cert has CBA, my college diploma has ABC just like my passport and birth cert and my degree has BAC. All names are spelt correctly on all documents. The only problem is the name order or arrangement. Should I be worried about it. If yes, can I swear an affidavit to support it? Thanks
Just want to give my humble suggestion. I think it is a good thing the name order in your E-DV matches that of the birth certificate and passport. Please maintain that consistency in your DS 260. As for the educational certificate, I suggest you back it with an affidavit, discuss it at the interview and leave the rest for the CO. This is my humble opinion.

Just want to give my humble suggestion. I think it is a good thing the name order in your E-DV matches that of the birth certificate and passport. Please maintain that consistency in your DS 260. As for the educational certificate, I suggest you back it with an affidavit, discuss it at the interview and leave the rest for the CO. This is my humble opinion.
Ok. I have already filled the DS 260 with the same name order. Thanks

Please is there any other advice from other members? Seems Dec is de only one who is suggesting something on on my issue

A number of people have asked similar questions, as you must know from quoting a post from one of those discussions, did you read back in the forum to see past advice? The advice for the same problem will be the same for everyone.

Please is there any other advice from other members? Seems Dec is de only one who is suggesting something on on my issue
I think there is no need to stress over it because waec begins with surname first and first name second (for 2 names). Again, if you have 3 names, the order is middle name, surname and first name. This order is used by some Universities in Ghana too.
However, the Ghana birth cert and passport follow the same order. first name, middle name & surname. And i think the embassy is aware of all these.

I think there is no need to stress over it because waec begins with surname first and first name second (for 2 names). Again, if you have 3 names, the order is middle name, surname and first name. This order is used by some Universities in Ghana too.
However, the Ghana birth cert and passport follow the same order. first name, middle name & surname. And i think the embassy is aware of all these.
Thanks so much

To God be the glory. I also from Ghana and have been selected for DV2018. CN 6xxx. I'm ready and willing to share and discuss with fellow Ghanaians for mutual benefit. I wish everybody well. I follow other related forums and I will be using the knowledge obtained from there to advise anyone whom I may be of help to.

Does anyone know whether the Accra Embassy require the i-134 (Affidavit of Support) or not. I know it's an essential document that is good to have prior the interview but I want to know whether it's part of required documents the Accra Embassy demands.

Hi, thanks for creating such a forum. I'm new here and from Ghana. I have some issues bothering me and I believe you guys can help especially Britsimon, Sm1smom, SussieQQ and everyone.
1. My name order and date of birth on the initial eDV entry form is the same as that of my birth certificate and passport. My passport(biometric) was acquired in 2014 after my old passport which was acquired in 2004 expired. I already had an old birth certificate which which I have used to apply for a new one (biometric) just last two months after I found out that I have won the lottery. I still have both the old birth cert and passport. Please should I be worried since the birth certificate is new although the passport is three years old? I used the biometric passport to apply for a US tourist visa in 2014 which I was denied. So I guess they already have some info on me.
2. On the DS 260, I filled it with three educational certificates from three different institutions. Two of the certificates (diploma and degree) have the same name order as my eDV,birth certificate and passport. But the problem is with my High school certificate. WAEC changed the places of my first and middle names. Example, instead of AAA(1st) BBB(mid) CCC(last name), it was written as BBB(mid) AAA(1st) CCC(last name).
Can this cause any problems during my interview? Thanks

Accra Embassy typically doesn't ask for an I-134, but like you already noted, it is a good document to have on hand just in case.